[TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
Eutrapelico
Hobgoblin
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by Eutrapelico » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:59 pm

Pio Sussurro | Hin | Rogue | Level 2 | AC 13 | HP 18
__________________________________________________

Thinking quickly, Pio ponders his options on the way to the keep opting for not to bother with exploring a nest of kobolds. "To have the door open for the others is the best choice now."

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4405
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by RobJN » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:00 am

Eutrapelico wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:59 pm
Pio Sussurro | Hin | Rogue | Level 2 | AC 13 | HP 18
__________________________________________________
"Infiltration time." He whispers to himself.

Stealth: [1d20+6] = 11+6 = 17
http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... &what=sand

Thinking quickly, Pio ponders his options on the way to the keep opting for not to bother with exploring a nest of kobolds. "To have the door open for the others is the best choice now."
As Pio gets about half of the way along the wall of the keep, two of the kobolds suddenly straighten, one on the wall above the gate, and the other at the corner of the keep. The one at the corner waves towards Pio, and jabbers something in kobold-ish. From the pitch, it sounds like a question, or maybe a challenge? It begins to approach the disguised halfling....
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Eutrapelico
Hobgoblin
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by Eutrapelico » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:27 am

Pio Sussurro | Hin | Rogue | Level 2 | AC 13 | HP 18
__________________________________________________

Waving back to the sentries, the kobold Pio points to his left ear, then to his mouth, then shrugs shaking his head negatively putting on a disappointed look.

Suddenly changing his expression to a smiling face he points to the door.

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Gnoll
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by Pop-Tik » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:35 pm

While the others were looking through the crack between the two doors. Shannon kept a eye out. He fully expected something else to appear behind them.

Eutrapelico
Hobgoblin
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by Eutrapelico » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:15 pm

Pio Sussurro | Hin | Rogue | Level 2 | AC 13 | HP 18
__________________________________________________

Releasing the balloon free to float far in the air, kobold Pio enjoys his piece of cake, waiting for what is to come.

🎈🎉🍰

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4405
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by RobJN » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:44 pm

The kobold squints at Pio, and repeats what it said earlier, its tone going a bit sharper. It stands perhaps opposite Pio, across the muddy path that leads to the closed doors of the keep. It glances over Pio's shoulder, and then towards the gate, and then back to Pio. It begins to growl a bit, deep in its throat.

It seems this kobold has grown suspicious. If Pio wants to continue to try to bluff, he'll need to roll another Charisma (Deception) check. Fortunately, the kobold is having to stare towards the rising sun, so Pio won't have to roll with Disadvantage.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Eutrapelico
Hobgoblin
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by Eutrapelico » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:51 pm

Pio Sussurro | Hin | Rogue | Level 2 | AC 13 | HP 18
__________________________________________________

Holding his hand before his open mouth feigning shock, kobold Pio leaving out a short whelp, pointing to the door confused and begging.

Deception: [1d20+5] = 20+5 = 25
http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... &what=sand

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Gnoll
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by Pop-Tik » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:36 pm

Shannon, turned back around to see what was going on and whispered to the others...

Should we trust him.

mah9
Gnoll
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:36 pm
Gender: prefer not to say

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by mah9 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:23 pm

Haldon, maintains his stance of readiness.

"Not sure, but are you both set?"

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Gnoll
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by Pop-Tik » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:12 pm

Always ready.

User avatar
torkill13
Gnoll
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: PA

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by torkill13 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:43 pm

Horvik shrugged, and readied his axe and shield with a confused look on his face. "I have no idea what is going on. I'm ready to charge forward and put an end to this madness."

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4405
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by RobJN » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:59 pm

Eutrapelico wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:51 pm
Pio Sussurro | Hin | Rogue | Level 2 | AC 13 | HP 18
__________________________________________________

Holding his hand before his open mouth feigning shock, kobold Pio leaving out a short whelp, pointing to the door confused and begging.

Deception: [1d20+5] = 20+5 = 25
http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... &what=sand
The kobold shakes his head, and points emphatically back over Pio's shoulder, barking what sounds like a command.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Eutrapelico
Hobgoblin
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by Eutrapelico » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:36 pm

Pio Sussurro | Hin | Rogue | Level 2 | AC 13 | HP 18
__________________________________________________

Looking back, kobold Pio pretends to be shocked putting one hand on his mouth and stepping back, closer to the sentries, until he is behind the one near the door. Willing to prepare himself to strike with his rapier from an advantageous position at both of them from behind.

mah9
Gnoll
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:36 pm
Gender: prefer not to say

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by mah9 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:19 am

"Looks like the halfling is in trouble. I think it's time to move."

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4405
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by RobJN » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:30 am

To clarify: there is just one kobold at ground level with Pio, standing more or less across the path up to the keep’s doors, at about (12, 15 NE). Pio was at approximately (12, 19 NW).

Their altercation has drawn the attention of several of the sentries atop the walls....
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Gnoll
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by Pop-Tik » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:52 am

Shannon, prepares to draw a bead on one of the Kobold sentries standing on the high walls.

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Gnoll
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by Pop-Tik » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:01 pm

Shannon takes aim at particular Kobold sentry on the stairwell. (15,28) While keeping mental note of a other target on the wall. (15,31)

mah9
Gnoll
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:36 pm
Gender: prefer not to say

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by mah9 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:00 am

Watching Shannon, Haldon will rush the nearest Kobold with his warhammer drawn, as soon as an arrow is released.

User avatar
torkill13
Gnoll
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: PA

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by torkill13 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:08 pm

Horvik cautiously looked around the edge of the door in to the courtyard. He saw just the one kobold on ground level and several others on the wall. He ducked back behind the door. He leaned in to whisper to the dwarf. "Doesn't look like there are many on the ground level, but the wall sentries have the clear advantage with their position. We need to clear those walls as quickly as possible or we'll all look like pin cushions in no time. You rush the West stairs, and I will rush the East. The halfling and ranger can handle whatever is on ground level then aid us with ranged attacks once the ground is secure."

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Gnoll
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by Pop-Tik » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:50 pm

http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... 48&macid=0

Fires a arrow at the Kbold Sentry at 15,28 [1d20+7] = 19+7 = 26

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4405
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by RobJN » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:04 pm

Pop-Tik wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:50 pm
http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... 48&macid=0

Fires a arrow at the Kbold Sentry at 15,28 [1d20+7] = 19+7 = 26
:shock: What a hit!
I'll apply this in a sec. But first, some housekeeping.

You guys get a surprise round on the kobolds! If I read how this works correctly, basically, it's a free round of actions from the surprise-ers before the surprise-ees can react, and then normal initiative kicks in.

I still need initiative rolls, gentlemen.


Edit: Updated battle map is here, in the OOC thread.
Last edited by RobJN on Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
torkill13
Gnoll
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: PA

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by torkill13 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:26 pm

As the others begin to move, Horvik looked to the sky and called out. "Every day is another chance to earn glory. This is our chance!" When he looked back, the others had already started to move.

Initiative [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Gnoll
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by Pop-Tik » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:27 pm

Shannon was way ahead of everybody else.

Shannon's Intiative, [1d20+8] = 20+8 = 28

Shannon's Intiative, [1d20+8] = 20+8 = 28

Eutrapelico
Hobgoblin
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by Eutrapelico » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:47 pm

Pio Sussurro | Hin | Rogue | Level 2 | AC 13 | HP 18
__________________________________________________

Taking advantage of his nearest and oblivious target, the hin furtively stabs the kobold looking for the spot where he could connect the deadliest and furtive of his attacks with his rapier.

Initiative roll
Initiative: [1d20+2] = 5+2 = 7
http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... &what=sand

Rapier attack:
[1d20+4] = 15+4 = 19, damage with rapier: [1d8+2] = 4+2 = 6, sneak attack damage [1d6] = 2

http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... &what=sand

mah9
Gnoll
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:36 pm
Gender: prefer not to say

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by mah9 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:33 am

Haldon rushes towards the kobold at 15,04, ready to swing his warhammer at the creature.

[1d20] = 17

Post Reply

Return to “The Crystal Globe”