[TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4676
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

[TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

Image
TOC/The Story Thus Far....
  • Session Zero/Chargen took place here. If you'd like to join the game, that's the place to chime in :D
  • Out of Character chat can be had here. In which the players may plot, plan, and complain about the DM.
  • Act I took place here.
  • Act II took place here.
"I don't think it's supposed to bend at that angle."

"I know! Now hush, and let me work!"



In the warm darkness, a pinprick of light. Pale, watery, growing ever bigger, as if you are surfacing from a deep, dark pool. But instead of water, you rise through an ever-lessening heaviness of pain. Breath doesn't come, at first. Then it does, but with sharp pain. Almost too much, to dare to draw the next. But the fire within your lungs, craving sweet, cool air, is hotter than the pain surrounding you.

So you draw another. And the pain is somewhat less.

And another. This one, easier, deeper.

Another.

You surface through the pain. The light is there, wavering, weak, tinged red through your eyelids. But they are too heavy to open. Perhaps, a bit of sleep, and then you'll have the strength to open them.....
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Bugbear
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Pop-Tik »

Shannon stirs, and opens his eyes, his last thoughts, the last thing he saw, the deluge of rubble that he barely avoided, and how he blacked out from the stinging pain of crossbow bolt. His last memories were slowly coming back to him as his vision slowly cleared. Slowly he sits up as the spots moving before his eyes form into shapes more recognisable.....His hands still gripping the bow and arrow.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4676
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

Pop-Tik wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:40 pm
Shannon stirs, and opens his eyes, his last thoughts, the last thing he saw, the deluge of rubble that he barely avoided, and how he blacked out from the stinging pain of crossbow bolt. His last memories were slowly coming back to him as his vision slowly cleared. Slowly he sits up as the spots moving before his eyes form into shapes more recognisable.....His hands still gripping the bow and arrow.
Shannon opens his eyes, but he is greeted with near total darkness. A lick of orange light flickers from a gap between the floor and what must be a door -- perhaps a finger's breadth between the stone and dark wood.

His fingers close, but on cold, empty air, rather than the comforting grip of his bow and arrows....

Shannon's been stabilized and healed -- roll 2d10, plus any CON adjustment, if applicable. This is the amount of hit points the mysterious benefactor has restored.

I'll also need a roll of a d6.

Horvik, feel free to roll the same (though, if he only needs to burn one HD to heal, then so be it.)
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Bugbear
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Pop-Tik »


User avatar
torkill13
Bugbear
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: PA

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by torkill13 »

Horvik was a small boy again. He was in the woods playing a childhood game, Chase the Gnolls, with friends. He quickly darted behind a tree to hide from his pursuer. As the footsteps approached, boy Horvik jumped from behind the tree to scare them with his best gnoll impression, except now he was falling! Falling from some great height, arms and legs flailing helplessly in the air. The further he fell, the darker it got. Then suddenly someone, or something, grabbed him by the arms nearly pulling them from their socket.

Horvik, the warrior, bolted upright from his sleep, reaching for his weapon but finding nothing. He was still in complete darkness, but he was pretty certain he was no longer dreaming. His mind suddenly filled with memories of the battle in the courtyard. "Hello?" he called in to the darkness, confused to his whereabouts.

[1d10] = 2 healing
[1d6] = 6

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4676
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

"Shhhh!"

The admonition comes in near unison from what sound like at least three different voices, all of them with the timbre and bearing of the young.

"If you're too loud, Ogrek will hear you!" one of the voices whispers.

"And then he'll get mad," another voice says.

"And when he gets mad, then dinner is late."

As if on cue, Horvik and Shannon's stomachs give startlingly loud grumbles.

In what little light is available, leaking from the slight gap at the bottom of the door, Horvik and Shannon can barely see three figures, huddled in the room's far corner, opposite them.

In addition to grumbling stomachs, the two warriors can also feel the hard clutch of iron against an ankle, and a heavy "clunk" of slithering metal when they shift their legs.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
torkill13
Bugbear
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: PA

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by torkill13 »

"Ogrek? Hrmph..." Horvik said in an unconcerned tone. Then, as his stomach howled again, he lowered his voice to barely a whisper. "I am quite hungry though. When is dinner?" he asked the huddled children. Then gave a strong tug on the shackle to test its strength and security of its anchor.

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Bugbear
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Pop-Tik »

Shannon, slowly sits up and tries to stand if the chains on his legs will allow him to as quietly as possible. He asks in hoarse whisper, "Where is all our gear?" and after realising we all prisoner's here.... Did someone mention food, I am hungry as well. looking back at Horvik.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4676
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

The chain is perhaps six to eight feet long (2ish meters). It is just attached to one ankle, so -- bulkiness and clanking aside -- it is still relatively easy to move around. Shannon can stretch to his full height with no problem.

Horvik notices that his chain does not feel particularly well kept. Rust grits against his palms and fingers.

"Your stuff is probably out there," one of the voices says, and you barely see fingertips waggle in the murky light. "And we ate quite a while ago, so Ogrek is bound to remember to bring something sooner or later."

"Hopefully sooner." This other voice comes out as something closer to a sigh than a whisper. "Healing takes just as much out of me as it does them."

"You can have my bread," says the first voice.

"And mine, too," comes the third voice, pitched slightly higher than the others, followed by a not-so-small grumble. "Well, maybe half of it."
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Bugbear
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Pop-Tik »

"So who's Ogrek, and why are we here, like this?" Asks Shannon in a low Whisper. As he carefully stood up testing the restraint on the chain around his ankle.

User avatar
torkill13
Bugbear
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: PA

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by torkill13 »

Horvik takes note of the rusty chain, but decides that before taking further action he should regain a bit more strength and perhaps size up this Ogrek fellow. For now, the statements coming from what he thought we children has his minded swirling with more questions. He stands and moves as close to them as the chains allowed. "Why does healing affect you? How long have you been here?" The large man studied each of the children as best he could in this low light, then added "Or us for that matter?"

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4676
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

"Its--" the second voice starts.

"I told you he was too tall to be a dwarf. He can't see in the dark," the third voice chides.

"Its--" she starts, again.

"C'mon, do the thing!"

"I'm not very good with Energy."

"We don't need a bonfire. Just a candle." The first voice manages to sound both reassuring and expectant.

A sigh from the second. "Fine." She takes a slow, deep breath.

A pinpoint of light, like a mote of dust caught in a sunbeam, glimmers into being where there is no dust. Nor sunlight. It grows steadily larger, expanding into a wobbly, misshapen globe of clear, watery light.

It illuminates three figures in the far corner of the room: the first, a lanky figure, dressed in boys woolen breeches and tunic, leather vest and boots, her hair a thick tumble of hair the color of wheat awaiting harvest.

The second sits next to her, cross-legged, the white skirt spread over her knees, looking nearly blue under the light of the wavering globe that hovers just over her head. Bands of seven colors are embroidered along the hem of the dress and the cuffs of the sleeves, yellow being closest to her wrists, and at the top of the hem's arrangement. Her hair, somewhat mussed, shines like spun gold in a wavy tumble down her back.

The third, sitting slightly behind the second, is a somewhat frail-looking girl with a sharp nose and mass of tight, curly blonde locks. She, too, is dressed in a long tunic, but its fabric has seen much more wear and use than that of the first girl. Long, nimble fingers tug and twist at the hem of the tunic, revealing buckskin breeches and high, sturdy-but-similarly-timeworn boots.

Three pairs of strikingly blue eyes stare up at the two men, though the pair in the middle seem to stare unnervingly through them.

"Healing," the girl in the middle says, her voice distant, somewhat sing-song. The way she speaks the word, the men can practically hear its capitalization-- she speaks not of the concept, but of the act itself, as if it were a physical thing. "Involves an entwining of threads of Thought, Entropy and Time such that--"

As she speaks, the watery light's wobbling increases, and it slowly dims, only solidifying and brightening when the girl to her right elbows her in the ribs.

"Focus!" the first hisses. She then looks back over to the men.

"What Kat means is that when she Heals, she's got to give up a little bit of herself in order for your wounds to mend. She usually just ends up a little bit tired and hungry, like now. When she really has to work at it -- like when she fixed my arm after I fell out of the tree --" Here, the taller girl laughs. "Oh, she she was a downright grumpy-pus when she woke up."

"That's because I woke up with a crick in my neck from all that bouncing off your bony shoulder." The light intensifies slightly at the still-distant-voiced rebuke.

"I could have left you there for the squirrels to nibble on."

"Squirrels don't eat--" the third girl says, but is interrupted by a hammering that shakes the heavy wooden door in its equally heavy iron fittings.

"QUIET DOWN IN THERE!"


Muffled though it is through the thick wood of the door, the voice sill booms, deep and loud enough the men can feel it pressing against their chests.

"Well, we're hungry!" the third girl shouts back. "Or did you expect us to eat these men that you threw in here?"

The door seems to creak under the weight of the belly-laugh from the other side.

"Master says the little ones don't eat like Ogrek eats. 'Gruel and bread and water without mud,' Master says."

"Then bring us some of that!"

"And no bugs, this time!" the taller girl adds.

A harumph from the other side of the door. "Bugs is makes it more chewy. Keeps you strong! Master says needs his little ones to be strong for the exp-uh... esp-eri-.... for tests!"
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Bugbear
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Pop-Tik »

Shannon, still whispering "We were sent to rescue you's, we need to get yous out of here" Being careful not to rattle his chain, and keep his voice low.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4676
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

The three girls share long, furrow-browed glances with each other.

"It's not that we're not grateful...." the thinner of the girls says.

"We are!" the taller one says. "But--"

She doesn't get to finish.

The voice, which had gone silent on the other side of the door roars back to life.

"What? Another one?"

There is a hard rattle-clack on the far side of the door, and the grating squeal of a rusty iron bolt being drawn. The door grinds outward, a painfully-bright flare of yellow-orange torchlight flooding into the cell.

In the time it takes you to blink through the sudden glare, the light is occluded by a huge shape, stepping into the doorway. It stoops, and tosses a pair of large sacks into the cell, and then slams the door shut again, re-bolting and locking it.

"Light-burnt kobolds, bring more trouble for Ogrek. Should let small ones eat trash kobolds bring from above. Serve them right....."

The grumbling grows distant, undistinct, and then fades to just echoes.

On the floor, the two sacks stir, the sides bulging with suspiciously knee-and-elbow-shaped protrusions. One is significantly larger than the other, and muffled curses can be heard coming from the smaller of the two as its thrashing grows more frantic.

The larger sack flops, a groan coming from within.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Coronoides
Dragon Sage
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:18 am
Gender: male
Location: Mostly Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Coronoides »

With a groan a figure begins to crawl out of the sack. A face that would be stunningly handsome but for the purple swollen black eye and bruised fat lip emerges. His fine blonde hair is caked with blood. He emits a faint shimmering like the air over a hot road, a magical aura. Out of the sack, he is an athletically built elf dressed in the wool and canvas of a common traveller. The slight shimmering distortion of the magical aura sputters out. He regards you coldly then without a word tries to drag himself up onto his feet.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4676
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

The thinner girl sidles over to the smaller sack, its occupant still thrashing about within. Nimble fingers work at the knots in the thick leather drawstring, and another blonde head of slightly damp hair bursts from the sack, framing a smaller, rounder face, flushed with the exertion.

The new arrival shakes her head, pushing long bangs away from icy blue eyes. They widen slightly at the sight of the two other men in the cell, narrow somewhat at the sight of the elf.

"Hullo, Jasna," the three girls say, nearly in unison.

"Caught again?" the thinner girl asks.

"I was doing fine, until this guy bumbled along, dragging a kobold patrol with him," the other girl says, jerking a thumb towards the elf. She kicks the sack away, revealing attire much like the girl who'd freed her: rough, patched tunic, leather breeches, but her boots only rose to mid-calf rather than knee-hight.

"When we said 'bring help,'.... well, it would've been nice if they came from the other side of the door," the tall girl says.

The small girl -- Jasna -- sticks her tongue out at the other girl.

The girl in the dress (didn't the tall one call her "Kat"?), who'd been silent, her brow furrowed in concentration on the wavering globe of watery light, shifted her gaze to the tall elf.

"You're hurt," she says, her voice still somewhat distant. She glanced up at the light, then back to the elf. "I can offer Healing, but.... I can't hold the light while i do it."
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Coronoides
Dragon Sage
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:18 am
Gender: male
Location: Mostly Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Coronoides »

The elf finally hauls himself to his feet. "If the kobolds had been on a routine patrol I would have slipped past them" he say's stiffly "Instead they were on alert, looking for... Jasna is it? At least now my mission is all but done. I have found the girls, Jasna knows a way out and I can deal with any kobolds who happen across our path now that their numbers are thinned."
With effort he turns to regard the girl in the dress with a cold blue eye. "Save your power incase your friends need it. Let me rest a little while and then we will be going."
He staggers over and leans against a wall and lowers himself gently into a siting position before turning his one good eye on the other adults in the cell. "I was severely outnumbered, less so now. Still your help might be useful and the reward is large enough to spit evenly. Can anyone here donate a small scrap of leather, perhaps from their clothing?." but before you answer he is already concentrating on something else, brushing the stone floor with his hand to gather together stray grains of sand.


OOC: Despite being breathtakingly handsome he has CHA8. My plan is a short rest, roll a couple of hit die and then get Jasna to break us out. Is there a little window in the cell door? If yes can you describe it?
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4676
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

No window in the door— it is solid ironwood, bound with cold iron.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Coronoides
Dragon Sage
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:18 am
Gender: male
Location: Mostly Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Coronoides »

RobJN wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:42 am
No window in the door— it is solid ironwood, bound with cold iron.
OOC: Bugger. Let’s see what the others suggest.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

User avatar
torkill13
Bugbear
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: PA

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by torkill13 »

"Jasna?!" The name sparked his memory of why they started on this journey. He looked at the other children a bit more closely. "Surely, one of you must be Fiala?! Frigga smiles upon us. Cal... er, your father sent us to find you."

Horvik contemplated their situation while the elf spoke. "I might be able to break these chains, but assaulting Ogrek will be difficult without arms. But if we succeed, perhaps we can find our gear and maybe the others that were with Wells and I. Then we can get everyone out of here and back to town." The northman turned to the face the elf. "Seeing that you were exploring these dangerous ruins, I assume you also have some skill as an adventurer. Will you join us?"

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Bugbear
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Pop-Tik »

OOC, with the light coming from the watery globe, does Shannon recognise the girl he knew from the Loggers Camp? Maybe a familiar voice.....

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4676
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

torkill13 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:33 am
"Jasna?!" The name sparked his memory of why they started on this journey. He looked at the other children a bit more closely. "Surely, one of you must be Fiala?! Frigga smiles upon us. Cal... er, your father sent us to find you."
Jasna's eyes narrow at Horvik's words. "I am Jasna.... Have we met? I think I would remember meeting one such as you." She looks over at Shannon, eyes widening a bit. "And I'd definitely remember meeting one such as you."

The thinner girl elbows her in the ribs. "Don't be rude!" she hisses. The girl then stands up, and pulls Jasna to her feet. She stands a half hand's breadth taller than Jasna.

"I am Petra," she says. "The rude one is Jasna." Petra looks up blinking in surprise. "Master Wells?" She cracks a gap-toothed smile. "This is the last place I thought to see a friendly face!" She again elbows Jasna's ribs before the other girl can say anything.

The other two girls get to their feet, the taller one steadying the one in the dress as the globe of light wavers uncertainly with the movement.

"Brynne," the taller of the girls says, and nods her head at the girl beside her. "And this is Katarin. We're from Etan's Spring. Has something happened to Fiala?"
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Bugbear
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Pop-Tik »

With arms held out wide before himself, his voice alittle louder "Petra, it is good to see you...… and your friends, yes Horvik these are the ones we are looking for... but who are you." Now looking at the elf.

User avatar
Coronoides
Dragon Sage
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:18 am
Gender: male
Location: Mostly Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Coronoides »

The elf looks up from the ground as he places gathered sand in his pocket “I am Quarilran Galastacia of the Callarii and I have already indicated you are free to join me when I leave with the girls. If you can break your chains we can take down Ogrek, a chain is a weapon. Now if you don’t have a scrap of leather for me I’ll take my rest before we all go.” With that his eyes go vacant and he begins to whisper odd words. Whoever this elf is, he may seem arrogant but he does seem determined to free everyone once he has recovered a little from the beating he has obviously taken.
(An hour later...PM sent to referee)
Suddenly, the elf springs up. The swelling around his eye has subsided but he still sports a black eye. “You unchained yourself yet?” He enquires before turning to Jasna. “Jasna, get us out of this cell.”
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4676
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

All four of the girls stare at the elf, then trade glances among themselves. Jasna places her hands on her hips, and Petra simply crosses her arms. Brynne's hands close into fists, and she seems ready to take a step forward when Katarin places a hand on her shoulder, shaking her head ever so slightly. The light, however, gives a hiccup, and dips momentarily into the red before stabilizing once more.

Jasna amuses herself during the elf's meditation by waggling her fingers in front of his eyes and making a variety of faces to try to elicit a reaction. After a while, she huffs her bangs out of her eyes again, and drops to the stone floor with a sigh.

She looks up at the elf's request, staring at the door upside-down while laying on her back.

"It opens outward," she says.

"The bolt is on the outside," Brynne says.

"So is the lock," Petra adds.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Post Reply

Return to “The Crystal Globe”