Maps

Blast the doors of fantasy wide open! Angel Tarragon's homebrew world.

Moderator: Angel Tarragon

Maps

Postby Angel Tarragon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:53 am

Knightfall made me a map based off of the Ultima Pangea map in my Geography thread. I've been piddling around with it, adding in more inland sources of water. As expansive as Sarûnia, the landmass needs more sources of water. There's not a lot of room left for deserts, so I'm not sure how they will fit in. With as much water is on the surface, and the climate areas they lie in, you can surmise that this world is hot and steamy. Plenty of steaming jungles. ;)

Here's my world overview map with climate zones. I imagine there to be a huge [dormant?] volcano in the North Polar region, perhaps extending far enough down into the depths of the planet.

Angel R. Tarragon (aka A.R.T.)
Blog / DeviantArt / Facebook / Letterboxd / Twitter / YouTube / See More
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: Maps

Postby Knightfall » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:02 am

Ah, now i see what you meant.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Morfie » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:43 am

You could put your deserts along the Warm Temperature bands, the desert could encroach on Boreal forests.
There would also be ice deserts in the Tundra.

Most of the heavily populated human cities would be in your warm temperature zone.
A world this hot would have an incredible amount of rain, storms and hurricanes.
Morfie
Metamorph

Postby Angel Tarragon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:00 pm

The Angelic Dragon wrote:I imagine there to be a huge [dormant?] volcano in the North Polar region, perhaps extending far enough down into the depths of the planet.
I have been toying with idea of making Sarûnia hollow. I think to make that work the world would need pillars to keep the massive planet from crushing in on itself. Maybe dead center there is a massive construct that maintains the needs of the world; this construct could be something that functions by/on a clockwork mechanism and provides heat and scheduled intervals of light and darkness to the hollowside.
Angel R. Tarragon (aka A.R.T.)
Blog / DeviantArt / Facebook / Letterboxd / Twitter / YouTube / See More
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Return to Sarûnia