Dragons were once mortals who discarded their mortality to be something greater. All the dragons in the world make up a council that acts as a United Nations of sorts. When an act is needed on their part to help in the daily affairs of lesser beings, the council must have a three-fourths majority vote to put it into action. Any less is grounds to let the lesser beings deal with the matter on their own. It is not uncommon for draconic disciples to be advisers to kings and queens and other notable figures of authority within a specified region.Role:
You are one of the few that have been chosen to be the voice and power of dragons in their absence. You are able to enforce their laws. Those around you might get a sense of sense of your elite status and will pull their act together so as to not be on the receiving end of the council's wrath. In addition to being an enforcer of the laws of dragon-kind, you also take on aspects that make you like your sponsor. Prerequisites
To qualify for the draconic disciple paragon path, a character must fulfill all of the following criteria:Alignment:
As dragons come in all alignments, so too do draconic disciples.Skills:
Knowledge (Arcana) 2 ranks, Knowledge (History) 2 ranksFeats:
Persuasive, Skill Focus (Diplomacy)Languages:
Must have met a dragon that will agree to sponsor you.Path Features
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Draconic disciples do not gain proficiency with any weapons or armor.Aspect:
At 1st level the draconic disciple choose one aspect. As the character gains levels, her base aspect increases in power as well as allowing her to explore an additional two aspects.Commanding Presence (Ex):
Draconic disciples are treated as dragons for the purpose of being immune to other dragons frightful presence. In addition you Leadership
as bonus feat. At 2nd path level and each path level thereafter you gain a +1 bonus to your Leadership score.Hearty (Ex):
The draconic disciple enjoys a +2 racial bonus to her Constitution score. Revered Emissary (Ex):
The dragon disciple commands and demands respect from mortals. Due to your stature you gain a +2 racial bonus on all Charisma and Charisma based checks. In addition you gain an immediate bonus equal to twice your path level on all Charisma based interaction checks when your authority is questioned.Expert Dragonrider (Ex):
When you ride a dragon that willingly allows you to do so, you never risk falling off.Favored Disciple (Ex/Sp):
Out of all the disciples your draconic sponsor has, you are among the limited few that he or she favors. Your rapport with your sponsor allows you to the privilege of being able to attend the debates of the draconic council. In addition you form a telepathic bond with your sponsor which only works when the two of you on the same plane. With your permission your sponsor can teleport you to their side (if you are unconscious they can do this automatically). The telepathic bond is extraordinary and the teleport ability is spell-like.Avatar Aspects
Body: This aspect grants you some of the same resiliencies as your draconic sponsor.
- 1: You gain a +2 natural armor bonus, resistance 5 to the type of energy her draconic patron uses and you gain a +4 racial hit point bonus.
- 2: Your natural armor bonus increases to +4, your resistance increases to 10 and you gain an additional 8 hit points (the total hit point adjustment to the character at this point is +12 hit points).
- 3: Your natural armor bonus increases to +6, your resistance increases to 15 and you gain an additional 12 hit points (the total hit point adjustment to the character at this point is +24 hit points).
- 4: Your natural armor bonus increases to +8, your resistance increases to 20 and you gain an additional 16 hit points (the total hit point adjustment to the character at this point is +40 hit points).
- 5: Your natural armor bonus increases to +10, you gain immunity to the type of energy her draconic patron uses and you gain an additional 20 hit points (the total hit point adjustment to the character at this point is +60 hit points).
- 6: You type changes to dragon, you gain DR 10/magic and you gain spell resistance equal to your character level +10. In order to affect you with a spell, a spellcaster must get a result on a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) that equals or exceeds your spell resistance.
Heart: This aspect toughens you up and allows you to make blasts of elemental might like that of your draconic sponsor.
- 1: You gain an elemental blast attack; this is a ranged touch attack that has a range of 30 feet. Your elemental blast deals 2d4 of damage. The type of damage your elemental blast deals is of the same elemental descriptor that your draconic sponsor has chosen for their breath weapon. If the target of your elemental blast attack takes damage, they can attempt a Fortitude save to take half damage. The save DC against your elemental blast attack is 10 + 1/2 your HD + your Con modifier. You can use your elemental blast attack a number of times per day equal to your Con modifier +3.
- 2: The range of your elemental blast attack increases to 60 feet and it deals 2d6 points of damage and you gain one additional daily use of it per day.
- 3. The range of your elemental blast attack increases to 90 feet and it deals 3d6 points of damage and you gain one additional daily use of it per day.
- 4: The range of your elemental blast attack increases to 120 feet and it deals 4d6 points of damage and you gain one additional daily use of it per day.
- 5: The range of your elemental blast attack increases to 150 feet and it deals 5d6 points of damage and you gain one additional daily use of it per day.
- 6: The range of your elemental blast attack increases to 180 feet and it deals 6d6 points of damage and you gain one additional daily use of it per day.
Mind: This aspect allows you to sharpen and hone your senses while also granting the mental abilities of your draconic sponsor.
- 1: You gain a +2 racial bonus on paralysis and magic sleep effects, low-light vision and a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- 2: Your racial bonus on paralysis and magic sleep effects increases to +3 and you gain darkvision out to 30 feet.
- 3: Your racial bonus on paralysis and magic sleep effects increases to +4, and the range of your gain darkvision increases to 60 feet.
- 4: Your racial bonus on paralysis and magic sleep effects increases to +5, you gain blindsense out to 30 feet, the range of your gain darkvision increases to 90 feet and your low-light vision allows you to see three times as far as a human in conditions of dim light..
- 5: Your racial bonus on paralysis and magic sleep effects increases to +6, the range of your blindsense increases to 45 feet and the range of your gain darkvision increases to 120 feet.
- 6: You gain immunity to paralysis and magic sleep effects, your blindsense increases to 60 feet and your low-light vision allows you to see four times as far as a human in conditions of dim light.
Wings: You undergo an intense transformation for each level of this aspect that makes you more like your winged sponsor. The character must spend at least one day in hibernation for each level of this aspect, during that day she enters a chrysalis and emerges from it the next day with the abilities associated with each level taken in this aspect.
- 1: You emerge from your chrysalis with a pair of wings that grant you a +10 racial bonus on Acrobatics (Jump) checks and you always count as having a running start when making jump checks using Acrobatics. In addition you gain the limited ability to glide using your wings. When using her gliding as a mode of transportation, you must catch an updraft or you starts to descend; the character has a glide speed of 30 feet and has poor maneuverability. A character cannot glide if she is carrying more than a light load.
--> You can make a DC 15 Fly check to fall safely from any height without taking falling damage, as if using feather fall. When falling safely, you may make an additional DC 15 Fly check to glide, moving 5 feet laterally for every 20 feet you fall.
--> If you becomes unconscious or helpless whilst in the air powerful ligaments in your wings stiffen them allowing you to descend in a tight corkscrew. You take damage from a fall, but only if the distance fallen is more than 10 feet and any damage taken is halved due to a controlled descent. If you succeed on a Fort save (DC 15 + 5 for every ten feet fallen beyond the first ten feet, DC 20 for 11-20 feet fallen) the amount of damage taken from a fall is quartered (one-fourth, or 1 point of damage for every 4 points of damage rolled). You take no damage for a fall of 10 feet or less.
- 2: Your expertise with your wings grants you a fly speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability (you can ascend at half speed and descend at double speed). If the character does not have fly as a class skill she gains it and has a bonus on Fly skill checks equal to half her character level (maximum +10). Your fly speed is reduced to 20 feet if you wear medium or heavy armor, or carrying a medium or heavy load.
- 3: Your fly speed increases to 60 feet. If wearing medium or heavy armor or carrying a medium or heavy load, your fly speed is reduced to 50 feet. You can hustle without taking nonlethal damage (a forced march still requires Constitution checks), this means you can cover 96 miles in an 8-hour period of flight (or 80 miles at a speed of 50 feet).
- 4: You are becoming quite adept at using your wings and can fly without tiring. Your fly speed increases to 90 feet, but your maneuverability does not change (this means you can hustle while flying to cover 144 miles, or 128 miles if encumbered). You can dive (this is resolved like a charge), but you must move a minimum of 30 feet and descend at least 10 feet. You can only make a dive attack only when wielding a piercing weapon. If the dive attack hits, it deals double damage. You can run while flying, assuming you fly in a straight line.
- 5: Your wings allow you to fly faster and can support a heavier load; your fly speed increases to 120 feet and you are able of to wear medium armor or carry a medium a load without it affecting your fly speed; while hustling you can cover 192 miles in an 8 hour span or 176 with while wearing heavy armor or heavily encumbered.
- 6: You are a true master of your wings and you feel as comfortable in the clouds as you do on your feet; your fly speed increases to 150 feet and you are able to carry a heavy load while flying; while hustling you can cover 240 miles in an 8 hour span.