Sarûnia: Updates

Blast the doors of fantasy wide open! Angel Tarragon's homebrew world.

Moderator: Angel Tarragon

Re: Sarûnia: Updates

Postby Angel Tarragon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:17 pm

I have updated the Mokka class. The class table has been given an overhaul, I added Lucid Dreamer as a 1st level class feature and Resist sleep as a 2nd level class feature.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:38 pm

The mokka is undergoing a quick revision to its entry level powers. I'm going to make the Akashic Avatar a 2nd level ability. I'm thinking that biorhythm is linked to circadian rhythms (and thusly Circadian will be a part of the name of the feature below somehow), but this feature separates the mokka from these rhythms granting her the abilities mentioned in the class feature. Lucid Dreamer is being replaced with the following....

Name (Ex): At 1st level the mokka has honed control over her own biorhythm granting her a bonus on saves and skill checks against all sleep effects, all mind-affecting effects and mood/morale changing effects (such as opposed Bluff and Diplomacy checks) equal to half her class level +2 and in addition she regains hit points based on the total number of hours slept rather than needing a full nights' sleep to heal. Further she can make Perception checks when sleeping as if she were fully awake.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Going over my Ranger class, giving them a bit of a bump in power. They are going to make better archers than fighters. Two-Weapon Rangers will get a scaling shield bonus and better hit/dmg.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:40 am

Regarding the Psychic, I need your input on which version of Telekinesis you like better.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:11 am

I think I have a fix for the Psychics' Telekinesis class power.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:10 pm

I've been working on a new archetype for clerics; the Sublime Soul. The Sublime Soul uses her CHA to determine the highest level spell she can cast, her spell DCs and bonus spells per day. Their faith in themself fuels their abilities rather than faith in a deity.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Added Cerebral Fluidity as a WIP Racial Feat.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:35 pm

Updated Mad Dash WIP feat to 2.0 version. I'd like some input on what you think of the differences between the 1.0 and 2.0 versions.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:20 am

I've started work on a new base class, the Pedagogue. It is to the Expert what the Fighter is to the Warrior.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:49 am

Made some more progress on the Pedagogue class today. Not as much as I would have like to, but something is better than nothing.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:20 am

Did an overhaul to the Pedagogue class features.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:51 am

From my Sarûnia Facebook group:

TAD wrote:I've been doing some thinking about the Nagendra snake-like race. I am really not happy with them having genders, so what I have decided is that they are asexual; at certain points in their lives they lay eggs (and most of the time will abandon them). Due to the sheer number of eggs laid some will survive, others won't hatch (some stillborn in their own shells and others might be a delicacy to the savage Orcs) and others eaten in their youth by others of their own kind (gives me ideas for cannibalistic rituals of more bestial and ferocious nagendra.)
TAD wrote:Here is a better representation of what I want Solarites to look like. Although I'm think that while the female of the species will have female parts on the inside, on the outside they will not have breasts.

I am also contemplating giving them Light Sensitivity and making their eyes completely black with pupils of varying colors; the same span of human eye colors. Perhaps their time on Sarûnia has allowed them to develop goggles in the style of Riddicks' from The Chronicles of Riddick, that allows them to alleviate their light sensitivity as long as the goggles are worn. Not sure how much I want to price the goggles at though.

The Verrik from Arcana Evolved/Unearthed were previously my placeholder image for Solarites.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:25 am

From my Sarûnia Facebook group:

TAD wrote:Here is a racial feature I am implementing for Solarites.
------

Cerebral Sustenance (Ex): Solarites are able to replenish their energy through food, drink and sleep like normal humanoids, but they are also able to leech energy from those who are well rested.

By inflicting non-lethal damage on other willing humanoids the solarite can mitigate the need for sleep or remove the fatigued or exhausted condition from itself. In the case of mitigating the need for sleep, a willing humanoid must take non-lethal damage equal to it's maximum amount of hit points; if the drainee is not at peak health beforehand (at maximum hit points) the attempt fails. Solarites that inflict non-lethal damage equal to their character level x3 on a willing humanoid can remove the fatigued condition from themselves, by increasing the amount of non-lethal damage to x6 per character level the solarite can remove the exhausted condition from themselves.

Only an amount of hit points equal to the solarites Wisdom modifier (minimum 1) can be drained from a humanoid in one round, so most often draining another takes a while to do. The solarite can drain, that is inflict non-lethal damage on, a willing humanoid just by making eye contact with it.

The solarite can feed off of non-willing humanoids but must inflict twice the amount of non-lethal damage to fulfill it's needs (except for the mitigating the need for sleep). Using this racial feature on a non-willing humanoid is considered an evil act and physical contact between the solarite and the humanoid drained must be maintained, usually by placing ones hands on the temples of the drainee from behind them. If a solarite attempts to drain a non-willing humanoid that can't take the full amount of non-lethal damage necessary to fulfill the solarites' needs, the attempt fails on the first round and provokes an attack of opportunity.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:03 pm

I've been hard at work recrunching the Solarite race for Sarûnia today. I've also done a little refluffing for the race (I had to do some research on human eyes to get the biological babble right for describing theirs).

viewtopic.php?p=122106#p122106
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:24 am

Okay, after much debate over when I would start fleshing out the world, I have decided to focus my energies into one region that will be a mega-city with its own districts that cater to the needs of mostly the entire populace, whatever the city-state can not produce, it out-sources.

viewtopic.php?p=122457#p122457
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:58 am

I have been hard at work on my psychic [link] class; the basics of it are nearly complete. I need a Level 20 capstone power and at least 17 more Kinetic Projection talents (at least 3 of which will expand the Psychospiritual Projection class feature).

Aside from the basics I need to write up the talents; essentially these are like domains and domain power that have way more potential. Boons allow psychic to modify existing talent abilities and buy new ones (and modify those as well).
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:12 am

I have started a new series for my Masharupa project: Resident Spotlight [link]. I am hoping by creating characters to populate the city that ideas will spark the creative flow of fleshing out more of it. There should be enough in this small snippet to whet your appetite for more....
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:13 am

A new article is up detailing the currency of Sarûnia.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Been fiddling around with names for my cat race and I am pretty sure I have settled on the generic race name. Also I am think I want to split the race into two cat-types; a medium size version and a small size version. I am also toying with the idea of a greater cat race; the dog folk have a greater race called the Ralvogu which are more feral wolf based.

Anyway, here is what I have come up with:

The cautze would be the medium size cat folk and the poistze would be the small size cat folk. If I am going to do a size split for them I will need to do the same for my mouse/rat folk. It is more work, but it could be fun. What do you guys think?
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:09 am

Lybascie is a great name, but I'm not sure I like the other two.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:54 am

Knightfall wrote:Lybascie is a great name, but I'm not sure I like the other two.

Yeah, I have been pondering it and I really do no want the extra work of splitting the race into two anyway.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:57 am

This is the first of what is going to be several Player's Compendium threads. In the first one, I am compiling the races of Sarûnia; the races that are complete are Humans, Astereman, Dwarves, Elves, Solarites, & the Tibarri.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:25 pm

I am think it over and it might be cool to show my math for the races of Sarûnia. What do you guys thin, would you like me to start a new thread showing off the mathematical crunch for my races from the race building mechanics in the Advanced Race Guide?
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:46 pm

Been working on a new race today, the Draenne. You can check out their racial traits here!
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:41 am

Finally put the finishing touches on the Draenne race. You'll also find alternate racial traits and a favored racial option.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

PreviousNext

Return to Sarûnia