Anyone run a game in Hollowfaust?

150 years after the defeat of the Titans, the world remains scarred and untamed.
The Book-House: Find Scarred Lands products.

Anyone run a game in Hollowfaust?

Postby Big Mac » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:07 pm

Has anyone ever used Hollowfaust: City of Necromancers as the central theme of a Scarred Lands game?

The two reviews of the book that I found (and put onto the page on the Book-House) seem to suggest it is mostly good, but is there enough in the city for an entire campaign?

Are there any other Scarred Lands books that work well with Hollowfaust: City of Necromancers?

Has anyone used any non SL sources to expand the area around Hollowfaust or add details to the necromancy used in the city? Does anyone think that anything in Jakandor would fit in Hollowfaust?

Is there enough for PCs, who are not necromancers, to do in Hollowfaust?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Anyone run a game in Hollowfaust?

Postby Tim Baker » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:24 am

:pushpin:
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Anyone run a game in Hollowfaust?

Postby Caesar Slaad » Tue May 23, 2017 1:54 am

My PCs in my current game passed through there, as a flavorful place to visit. Don't think I'd want to set a long term game there.

Some of the feel/features of a city on a volcanic crater might be found in Shackled City.

The forbidden city is a built in dungeon crawl environment for enterprising PCs, especially if they break through to a new section. You could use any of a number of catacomb/undercity modules. Lost city of Barakus, maybe?

If you really want to play up the necromancer PC feel, Liches by Bottle Imp (3e d20 supplement) or Green Ronin's Secret College of Necromancy might have some worthwhile material for you.
Caesar Slaad
Goblin

Return to Scarred Lands