Project "Shards"

150 years after the defeat of the Titans, the world remains scarred and untamed.
The Book-House: Find Scarred Lands products.

Project "Shards"

Postby haazeven » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:33 am

If my players come around here, just leave. Alt+F4 works really good. Spoilers ahead ! XD

Hi guys. I have started what I called the "Project Shards". It is essentially an alternate Scarred Lands in which the gods did not win the Divine War, but actually lost very very very badly (aka they are all gone and forgotten). So essentially, I'm gathering what we know about the world just before the Divine War, wiped out the gods, and see what happens. My goal is to reproduce something similar to the original Gazeeter first: essentially drawing the outline of the Campaign Setting, and hopefully making it interresting and consistent with itself. The details will come later.

So I've written up a "History of Ghelspad", as written by Yugman the Sage. The history mirrors some of the events from the original Scarred Lands (there is a Druid War, there is a major cataclismic event akin to the Blood Monsoon, and there is a war for Dourrover), even though some of the details (lot of the details) have changed.

You can read a preliminary version here ***clic ***

I am always looking for new ideas (I am currently drafting the second chapter on the nations and city-states), so if you were to do something similar, what would be the elements from the post-Divine War Scarred Lands that you would include, and which one would you not include?

Also, if you have any comments on this version (something sounds strange, unclear, or plain stupid), don't hesitate to tell me ^^
Scarred Lands Sanctuary - 5E resources for the Scarred Lands
haazeven
Gnoll

Re: Project "Shards"

Postby Angelika Tatsu » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:07 am

Very cool. I love alternate history and by extent the idea of parallel worlds. The divine shards are a magnificent way of allowing to use the setting with Mythic Adventures from Paizo Publishing.
In morte veritá.

Projects: Erath (TBD), Sundered Realms
Angelika Tatsu
Goblin Girl

Postby Big Mac » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:37 am

Very interesting concept. I'll have to have a read of your download later.

It kind of reminds me of the TV show Sliders. :-)

I'm still learning about Scarred Lands, so I'm not sure how good I'll be at suggesting ideas.

I guess you might want to take an outline map of the Scarred Lands setting and give it different borders.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby haazeven » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:20 am

Angelika Tatsu wrote:Very cool. I love alternate history and by extent the idea of parallel worlds. The divine shards are a magnificent way of allowing to use the setting with Mythic Adventures from Paizo Publishing.

Yep, it's really funny to think about "what if" ^^

I do not know Mythic Adventures (I don't play PathFinder), but my idea is that I would keep it systemless for as long as possible, so that everyone interested can use its favored system ;)

I'm still learning about Scarred Lands, so I'm not sure how good I'll be at suggesting ideas.

Any fun idea is an interesting idea ^^

I guess you might want to take an outline map of the Scarred Lands setting and give it different borders.
Yes, that's part of the plan ^^ I found maps from before the Divine War, so I'll probably use that as a starting point

For reference, here are the maps

http://www.sanctuary.online.fr/IMG/jpg/ ... ynasty.jpg

http://www.sanctuary.online.fr/IMG/jpg/ ... _ashes.jpg
haazeven
Gnoll

Postby haazeven » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:32 am

Here is a tentative map, with colors!

https://scarredlandslite.files.wordpres ... shards.pdf

In white: independent nations
yellow: Asaathi empire (it may look big, but it is largely non-inhabited)
blue: Ledean empire
cyan: new coastline (anything east is actually the sea)

1 Uria (EDIT : should actually be removed...)
2 Karria
3 Darakeene
4 Ledean Empire (Aurimar Province)
5 Ledean Empire (Ashnoshi Province)
6 Ledean Empire (Veridia Province)
7 Ledean Empire (Venir Province)
8 Ledean Empire (Ankila Province)
9 Golthagga's Valley
10 The Broadreach [ note to self, need to find a proper elven-sounding name ]
11 Zathiske
12 Asaathi Empire (Southern Kingdom) [ note to self, find a proper asaath-sounding name]
13 Asaathi Empire (Protectorate of the Lambs)
14 Asaathi Empire (Dunael Protectorate)
15 Asaathi Empire (Northern Kingdom / Ukrudan Protectorate)
16 Asaathi Empire (Elzian Protectorate)
17 Asaathi Empire (Calastian Protectorate)
18 Asaathi Empire (Orcish Protectorate)
19 Republic of Varuba
20 Lageni
21 Durrover
22 Amalthea
23 Vesh
24 Hornswythe Kingdom
EDIT : I forgot to label Albadia...

City-States
25 Khirdet
26 Hollow-Faust
27 Amanosyan (separatist Aurimar city)
28 Burok Torn
29 Skykeep (separatist Aurimar city)
30 Krakadom (currently misplaced on the map)
31 Epis

Note on some Scarred Lands nations/city states
Drifting Isles -> disappeared during the Collapse
Heteronomy of Virduk -> never created for evident reasons
Ontenazu -> attached to Amalthea
Lokil -> destroyed by Thulkas soon after the Collapse
Shelzar/Rahoch -> under asaathi rule
Dier Drendal/Baereth Marn -> destroyed soon after the Collapse by a revolt of golems
Bridged City/Moullis/Mithril -> these city were not founded because the Divine War did not happen (EDIT: add Uria to the list)
Mansk -> was flooded when Kadum took some part of the land nearby
Vera-Tre -> destroyed by Gaurak (alongside the Ganjus) for retribution against Denev

Current ongoing wars:
Asaathi Empire vs Hollow-Faust+Zathiske
Orcish Protectorate vs Vesh
Ledean Empire vs Durrover

Tensions (but no actual conflict)
Darakeene vs Karria
Ledean Empire vs Albadia, Golthagga's Valley, Amanosyan, Skykeep, Lageni, Asaathi Empire (aka everyone hates the Ledean Empire)
Calastian Protectorate vs Lageni, Varuba
Khirdet vs Broadreach, Asaathi Empire
Broadreach vs Hollow-Faust
Golthagga's Valley vs Hollow-Faust, Broadreach, Ledean Empire, Amalthea, Lageni (for theological reasons)
Northern Asaathi Kingdom vs Southern Asaathi Kingdom (aka the Asaathi Empire is on the verge of explosion?)

Any ideas or comments? Things that may look stupid, places that I missed?

Other questions, how to justify ratmen? I am reaching the conclusion that it may not be possible to have ratmen (after all, they were created by feeding on the defeated titans), so how coudl they possibly be justified?
haazeven
Gnoll

Postby Angel Tarragon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 am

Wow, can't believe how long it's been since we've seen something new here. I see you still active on the boards, haazeven. Perhaps you could let us know what is going on with this project?
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby haazeven » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:19 am

Hey, sorry but it seems I went in a frenzy of "let's clean my computer of all unfinished projects" a couple of month ago and that my files on that topic disapppeared. I never got to play the campaign I had in mind actually, and moved on to other stuff...
haazeven
Gnoll

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:25 am

haazeven wrote:Hey, sorry but it seems I went in a frenzy of "let's clean my computer of all unfinished projects" a couple of month ago and that my files on that topic disapppeared. I never got to play the campaign I had in mind actually, and moved on to other stuff...
:o Wow! I may abandon ideas, but I always keep the notes just in case I get inspiration from them for something else.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Return to Scarred Lands