What new Scarred Lands products are coming out?

150 years after the defeat of the Titans, the world remains scarred and untamed.
The Book-House: Find Scarred Lands products.

What new Scarred Lands products are coming out?

Postby Big Mac » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:56 pm

After a long time not being able to get to it, I've started to add the Scarred Lands products from Sword and Sorcery Studios, to the Book-House on The Piazza.

But I'm going to add the new Pathfinder stuff, at some point.

I missed the Kickstarter. Is there anyone here who bought into it? What's the deal with that?

Is there a fixed number of books coming out, based on the stretch goal the backers got to?

Or has the Kickstarter meant that Scarred Lands products are going to become self-financing and Nocturnal Media can put out new ones, without a fund-raising campaign first?

Are all the new Scarred Lands products published yet, or are there some that are under development or only available to backers?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: What new Scarred Lands products are coming out?

Postby haazeven » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:56 pm

So there is two Player's Guides (one for 5E and one for PF, they should come out soon), and one "The Wise and the Wicked" update (one for 5E and one for PF as well, currently in development). Plus The Dagger of Spiragos and the Ring of Spiragos (again, one for 5E and one for PF), adventures that follow the Gauntlet of Spiragos series.

The future is currently quite unclear (aka we don't know anything, even though Stewart Wieck seems to imply that there are a lot more to come), but it seems to me that Nocturnal Media and OPP are both using Kickstarter for almost everything they do, so I assume they will use it for future books as well.
Scarred Lands Sanctuary - 5E resources for the Scarred Lands
haazeven
Gnoll

Postby Cliffrice » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:44 pm

meaning uber slow developments X.X
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Big Mac » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:05 am

haazeven wrote:So there is two Player's Guides (one for 5E and one for PF, they should come out soon), and one "The Wise and the Wicked" update (one for 5E and one for PF as well, currently in development). Plus The Dagger of Spiragos and the Ring of Spiragos (again, one for 5E and one for PF), adventures that follow the Gauntlet of Spiragos series.

Thanks for that.

From an administrative point of view, that's "good news" for me as it's going to be easier to catch up with that. There are some product lines (like the Pathfinder stuff from Paizo) which are a ton of work.

haazeven wrote:The future is currently quite unclear (aka we don't know anything, even though Stewart Wieck seems to imply that there are a lot more to come), but it seems to me that Nocturnal Media and OPP are both using Kickstarter for almost everything they do, so I assume they will use it for future books as well.

Nocturnal Media seems to be doing quite well. But I remember, a couple of years back, people talking about the fact that there were not going to be any Freeport products for the year, because Green Ronin's other product lines were all doing really really well, and there was no time left for Freeport.

So I guess it's a toss up between Nocturnal Media doing well enough to expand and come back to Scarred Lands...and Nocturnal Media not getting a massive number of stretch goals on it's non Scarred Lands Kickstarters (which would force them to spend a lot longer on other product lines).
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby haazeven » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:14 pm

A quick note on the products, Onyx Path has a list of products currently in the works in each of their Monday Meeting Notes, which really help to see where each of them are in the production line (the link: http://theonyxpath.com/category/news/monday-meeting/)

For future books, they (Nocturnal Media) seem quite enthousiastic, so hopefully the line won't end there. On the other hand, they are including a couple of monsters in the appendix of each of the player's guide (PF and 5E), so I hope it doesn't mean they are scraping plans for a Creature Collection...
haazeven
Gnoll

Postby Big Mac » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:45 pm

Big Mac wrote:After a long time not being able to get to it, I've started to add the Scarred Lands products from Sword and Sorcery Studios, to the Book-House on The Piazza.

I've got everything published for 3.0 and 3.5 added to the Scarred Lands category. If anyone spots anything I've missed, please let me know.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:19 pm

haazeven wrote:A quick note on the products, Onyx Path has a list of products currently in the works in each of their Monday Meeting Notes, which really help to see where each of them are in the production line (the link: http://theonyxpath.com/category/news/monday-meeting/)

There is a lot going on, on those pages. But it looks like you need to refer to the original Kickstarter page and take notes, to see what has gotten to each stage. :)

haazeven wrote:For future books, they (Nocturnal Media) seem quite enthousiastic, so hopefully the line won't end there. On the other hand, they are including a couple of monsters in the appendix of each of the player's guide (PF and 5E), so I hope it doesn't mean they are scraping plans for a Creature Collection...

It does look like a large part of the Kickstarter is about converting the old books to Pathfinder and 5th Edition.

I would have thought that they would try to do all the Creature Collection books, because they would be products they could also market to non-Scarred Lands fans.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby haazeven » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:21 pm

From the Kickstarter comments:

Stewart Wieck wrote:@Kevin, I think Creature Collection is a good bet...!

So there is hope, me think ^^
haazeven
Gnoll

Postby haazeven » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:04 am

The 5E pdf version of the player's guide is out (for backers only as I understand it, I imagine it will be released publicly later)
haazeven
Gnoll

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:35 pm

haazeven wrote:The 5E pdf version of the player's guide is out (for backers only as I understand it, I imagine it will be released publicly later)

It looks like they added the Scarred Lands Player's Guide (OGL 5e) PDF on November 30th 2016.

I don't see a sign of a Print on Demand version yet. I guess they might be waiting to allow enough time for as much errata fixes as possible to be included.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby haazeven » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:05 am

A print version is coming soon-ish. They are waiting for the update of The Wise and The Wicked (both Pathfinder and 5E) to be completed so that the 2 books (well, 4...) can go the printer simultaneously. I imagine the pdf will be errated at that point as well. The update of The Wise and The Wicked is currntly in the layout (Pathfinder) and proofing (5E) stages respectively, so hopefully that shouldnt be long before we get them as well.
haazeven
Gnoll

Postby Angelika Tatsu » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:22 am

Big Mac wrote:I don't see a sign of a Print on Demand version yet. I guess they might be waiting to allow enough time for as much errata fixes as possible to be included.
Print versions are shipping to Kickstarter backers. The Pod switch will be toggled on after all backers get their copies.
In morte veritá.

Projects: Erath (TBD), Sundered Realms
Angelika Tatsu
Goblin Girl

Postby Big Mac » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:07 pm

haazeven wrote:A print version is coming soon-ish. They are waiting for the update of The Wise and The Wicked (both Pathfinder and 5E) to be completed so that the 2 books (well, 4...) can go the printer simultaneously. I imagine the pdf will be errated at that point as well. The update of The Wise and The Wicked is currntly in the layout (Pathfinder) and proofing (5E) stages respectively, so hopefully that shouldnt be long before we get them as well.

That makes sense.

I guess that, when you make (or rather update) the later books in the Scarred Lands product line, that might turn up some areas of the Pathfinder/5e rules that don't fit well. You have a chance to go back and make one or two tweaks to the core rulebook. So I suppose that it makes sense to have a Kickstarter that can get the entire product line designed in one big project.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Angelika Tatsu wrote:
Big Mac wrote:I don't see a sign of a Print on Demand version yet. I guess they might be waiting to allow enough time for as much errata fixes as possible to be included.
Print versions are shipping to Kickstarter backers. The Pod switch will be toggled on after all backers get their copies.

That makes sense too. Those people financed the conversion and deserve to be first in the queue.

I guess that also means that it makes sense to line up all the PDFs in a row, get them all prepared for PoD and then have the ability to ship all of a backer's physical rewards in a single shipment. Splitting shipping might* increase shipping costs.

* = I say might, as some online stores find it cheaper to send some stuff out separately.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Scarred Lands