Other Scarred Lands Websites (& Free Downloads)

150 years after the defeat of the Titans, the world remains scarred and untamed.
The Book-House: Find Scarred Lands products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Other Scarred Lands Websites (& Free Downloads)

Post by Big Mac » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:48 pm

Official Scarred Lands Map added to Free Scarred Lands Downloads section.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

haazeven
Gnoll

Post by haazeven » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:25 pm

It seems that we have a slight issue on the Sanctuaire... You can use this link as an alternative while I try to fix the problem... http://terres-balafrees.fr/spip.php?page=plan
Scarred Lands Sanctuary - 5E resources for the Scarred Lands

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:34 pm

haazeven wrote:It seems that we have a slight issue on the Sanctuaire... You can use this link as an alternative while I try to fix the problem... http://terres-balafrees.fr/spip.php?page=plan
I'll leave the top post as it is for now. But if you make a permanent change, post again and I'll change it.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

dfryer36
White Dragon

Post by dfryer36 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:26 am

My group had so much fun playing in the Scarred Lands that our next campaign is going to be there too. So here is the official website of The Scarred Lands: Chronicle of Shadows.
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:21 am

dfryer36 wrote:My group had so much fun playing in the Scarred Lands that our next campaign is going to be there too. So here is the official website of The Scarred Lands: Chronicle of Shadows.
Looks good mate! :)

This is exactly the sort of introduction to the setting that I can appreciate.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:19 pm

dfryer36 wrote:My group had so much fun playing in the Scarred Lands that our next campaign is going to be there too. So here is the official website of The Scarred Lands: Chronicle of Shadows.
Thanks David.

I've included it in the latest update (along with a "Living Scarred Lands" like campaign called Lihr, that I've started another thread about).

The specific additions are these: Lihr and The Scarred Lands: Chronicle of Shadows added to main Scarred Lands section.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun May 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Library of Lokil and Scarred Lands Wiki added to main Scarred Lands section.

(I am not entirely sure how I overlooked David's wiki or the original one, but I just noticed and they are there now.)

Cliffrice
Troll

Post by Cliffrice » Wed May 23, 2012 1:49 am

Im thinking about jusr waybacking all those pages and than archiving the info somewhere else.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed May 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Cliffrice wrote:Im thinking about jusr waybacking all those pages and than archiving the info somewhere else.
Be a bit cautious about that, as the contents of that wiki is the property of Scarn.com. The wiki may not have worked for ages, but Scarn.com has not been abandoned. They are just taking a long time fixing their wiki.

Cliffrice
Troll

Post by Cliffrice » Thu May 24, 2012 1:25 am

thats kind of annoying because as far as i can tell there are like no actual scarn files anywhere on it. and the forums are a haven for spammers.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat May 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Cliffrice wrote:thats kind of annoying because as far as i can tell there are like no actual scarn files anywhere on it. and the forums are a haven for spammers.
Sadly spammers (and hackers) are out there and they will go after websites that get successful. I believe that, before it got targeted, Scarn.com was the world's leading Scarred Lands fansite.

Cliffrice
Troll

Post by Cliffrice » Sun May 27, 2012 3:14 am

oi assume that open invites have been sent to people there already?

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu May 31, 2012 12:31 pm

Cliffrice wrote:oi assume that open invites have been sent to people there already?
Going to one community and posting a "don't stay here, come to my other <insert fan niche> community instead" message is often considered rude.

Over in our World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game forums, I try to work with (rather than against) the largest other WoW:RPG community that is out there. I think I've got a fairly good working relationship with the guy that runs those other forums, and I even promote both forums together on Facebook, so that fans can choose for themselves.

Scarn.com did some great things in the past and I'd much rather work with them than against them. But I've not got the time at the moment. (And in this case, I'm not the person with the keys to the Facebook group for Scarred Lands, so can't add any URLs to it.)

Perhaps some of the members of the Scarn.com forums could use The Piazza as a temporary refuge, while their forums are being sorted, but as I've said, they are a great website, so wouldn't want to see their forums die.

Cliffrice
Troll

Post by Cliffrice » Thu May 31, 2012 3:11 pm

The temporary home is kinda wht i was getting at. they havent had a workable forum in what seems like forever.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:14 pm

Scarred Lands added to main Scarred Lands section. Official Scarred Lands forum and Official Scarred Lands Facebook page added to Forums and Communities section.

Raneth
Hobgoblin

Post by Raneth » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:24 pm

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:42 pm

Thanks for finding those Raneth!

Ruemer's Scarred Lands Repository, Scarred Lands d20 and Scarred Lands material added to main Scarred Lands section.

haazeven
Gnoll

Post by haazeven » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Quick update concerning the French websites. Petit Dragon has ended its activities, and the website has been unfortunately shut down. I am not sure the original material is still available. Le Sanctuaire des Terres Balafrees also was discontinuited (notably due to a few successful hacking attempts...), but we fortunately have an archive here.
Scarred Lands Sanctuary - 5E resources for the Scarred Lands

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:27 pm

haazeven wrote:Quick update concerning the French websites. Petit Dragon has ended its activities, and the website has been unfortunately shut down. I am not sure the original material is still available. Le Sanctuaire des Terres Balafrees also was discontinuited (notably due to a few successful hacking attempts...), but we fortunately have an archive here.
Petit Dragon link replaced with a Wayback Machine archive link, Le Sanctuaire des Terres Balafrées link updated and Scarred Lands Sanctuary added to main Scarred Lands section.

Return to “Scarred Lands”