[Scarred Lands] Using Elements of WoW in the Scarred Lands

150 years after the defeat of the Titans, the world remains scarred and untamed.
The Book-House: Find Scarred Lands products.
dfryer36
White Dragon

[Scarred Lands] Using Elements of WoW in the Scarred Lands

Post by dfryer36 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:48 pm

I have often told people that the Scarred Lands can be easily thought of as White Wolf's homebrew version of World of Warcraft. I know that the parallels are not exact, but they do exist. The split between Titanspawn and Divine Races is evocative of the the Horde/Alliance split. The different races even end up on the same side, dwarves, elves, humans, and wee folk are divine races while orcs, trolls, goblins, and minotaurs are titanspawn. Both settings have left out one of the classic races out of the mix. In World of Warcraft it is halflings and it is gnomes in Scarred Lands, at least on the main contenent of Ghelspad. Both have suffered devestating wars in the recent past, the Divine Wars in the Scarred Lands, the invasions of the Burning Horde and the Scourge in World of Warcraft, and with Cataclysm, the world of World of Warcraft has even begun to look more like the Scarred Lands.

Anyway, I am looking to use some of the elements of World of Warcraft in my Scarred Lands game. In particular I am planning to make the elves of Vera-Tre more like night elves, minus the huge ears and purple skin, and I want to develop a group of forsaken elves that are similar to the blood elves in WoW. However, as I go along I might decide to adapt other elements as well as things go on, I'm just not sure right now.
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?

dfryer36
White Dragon

Re: [Scarred Lands] Using Elements of WoW in the Scarred Lan

Post by dfryer36 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Although I am not sure how I will explain the addiction to arcane magic within the lore of the Scarred Lands.
David Fryer

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:22 pm

dfryer36 wrote:Although I am not sure how I will explain the addiction to arcane magic within the lore of the Scarred Lands.
Do you need to add arcane magic, or can you give WoW elements a Scarred Lands makeover, as you import them?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

dfryer36
White Dragon

Post by dfryer36 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:40 pm

I am not sure. The forsaken elves have their own curse that they carry, they have been cursed by the Titan Chern and can no longer produce viable offspring. This has led many forsaken elf cultures to kidnap humans and use them as slaves and breeding stock. The belief is that if the high elf race was going go die out, they could create high half-elves to carry on the culture. Perhaps blood elves have found someway to overcome that curse through the use of Titan Blood or through demon blood.
David Fryer

Return to “Scarred Lands”