Converted Spells [Pathfinder]

150 years after the defeat of the Titans, the world remains scarred and untamed.
The Book-House: Find Scarred Lands products.

Re: Converted Spells [Pathfinder]

Postby Cliffrice » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Blazing Shield
School Abjuration [Fire, Force]; Level Magus 2, sorcerer/wizard 2
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S
Range Personal
Target You
Duration 1 Minute/level
Saving Throw none (harmless); Spell Resistance no
This spell functions as the Shield spell except it is actually wielded like a shield weather than hovering. You can make slam attacks with this shield that do an additional 1d6 fire damage. Anyone who attacks you and fails to hit you takes 1d6 fire damage as well and must make a reflex save or catch fire.

Notes: Left the sheild bonus to ac static. Seemed to strong for a 2nd level spell with the original wording.

Source: RR1
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Cliffrice » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:13 am

Bleeding Disease
School Necromancy [Evil]; Level Cleric 1, Oracle 1
Casting Time 1 Full Round
Components V, S, DF
Range Short (25 ft + 5 ft. 2/level),
Target One random creature and upto one aditional creature per level.
Duration Special (see Below)
Saving Throw Fortitude Partial (see text); Spell Resistance yes
This spell only affects creatures whom have not prayed to the casters diety. Creatures afflected by the spell must roll a fortitude save or contract the below disease. Even creatures that make the save become carriers. This spell can effect a maxamum number of creatures equal to the caster level +1.

Bleeding Sickness

Type Disease Contact: Save Fortitude dc (as per the spell dc)
Frequency 1 per day for 1 Day
Effect Sickened for the duration and at the end of 24 hours they take 1 point of damage.

Creatures Whom perform proper worshiping rights automaticaly have this affliction cured.

Edit: RR1
Last edited by Cliffrice on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Cliffrice » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:57 pm

Bloodstorm
School CONJURATION [Fear, Evil]; Level Witch 4, sorcerer/wizard 4
Casting Time 1 Full Round action
Components V, S, M (Vial of blood)
Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect 25 ft by 40 ft Column
Duration 1 round/level
Saving Throw See Below; Spell Resistance no

Creatures within the Bloodstorm must roll a reflex save or be blinded until they exit the bloodstorms area of effect and for 1d6 rounds thereafter. Once out they can spend a move action to wipe the blood out of their eyes ending it sooner.

This storm also counts as a severe wind imparting a -4 to ranged attacks and fly checks. See effects of weather for further details.

Creatures Within the bloodstorm take 1d6 points of acid damage each round.

Creatures that fail a will save are Frightened If below 8 hd or less. shaken if above 8 hd or above.

Notes: Itemized the spells effects. they seemed really convoluted in the original description.

Last edited by Cliffrice on Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Cliffrice » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:01 am

Create Bottomless Pit

School conjuration (creation); Level sorcerer/wizard 5, summoner 5
Components V, S, F (Small Loadstone with a hole through it 100 gp)
Effect 10-ft.-by-10-ft. hole,
Duration 1 round/level
Saving Throw N/A; Spell Resistance no

This spell is similar to the create pit spell, however unlike the Create pit spell the pit created by this spell has no discernible bottom. Also this pit cannot be conjured directly below a creature and is thusly only useful in disposing of creatures thrown or bullrushed into the pit.

Any creature still within the pit at the end of its duration is trapped within the pocket dimension.

As there is no Bottom there is no falling damage.

There is no climbing out of a bottomless pit without the help of a grapple.

Flying creatures are free to fly out.

Last edited by Cliffrice on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Big Mac » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Create Bottomless Pit seems like an interesting spell. You haven't put the source on the last few spells. What book did this one come from?

I can't see that a spellcaster could create an infinitely large pocket dimension, but given that the spell has a 1 round per level duration, it should be possible to plug in falling speed and work out how far a PC would fall.

The description (at least your conversion) says that anyone in the pit is trapped in the pocket dimension if they don't get out before the spell ends. I'm wondering what a GM would do if PCs managed to get themselves trapped in a bottomless pit. Is there any hint that this might plug into the cosmology (throwing players into a "Scarnscape" campaign) or would PCs just be stuck there forever. :?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Cliffrice » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:28 am

The last couple spells are all from RR1 Im not sure what happens to the characters after falling into a bottomless pit.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Big Mac » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Cliffrice wrote:The last couple spells are all from RR1 Im not sure what happens to the characters after falling into a bottomless pit.

This is the sort of nerdy question that fans ask designers 30 years later at RPG conventions. :P
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Cliffrice » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:34 am

Call Aquatic animal & Call Aquatic humanoid.
These are better handled as alternate summon natures ally lists as thematically they do the same thing.

Chameleon Skin
This spell is similar in function and identical in theme to the blend spell from the advanced race guide.

Charduns torments
This is identical to the spell pain strike from the advanced players guide Except that clerics can learn it as well as a third level spell.

Source RR1
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Cliffrice » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:42 am

Chill/Warmth
School Transmutation Level Alchemist 1, Druid 0, Ranger 1, Witch 0, sorcerer/wizard 0
Components V
Range Touch
Target Creature touched
Effect one creature touched
Duration 1 hour/level
Saving Throw Will negates (Harmless); Spell Resistance Yes (harmless)
This spell confers a +4 on saves against extremes of temperature from exposure.

Notes: The +4 to saves against something seems kinda big for a level 0 spell but seeing there are spells that give a +1 to every save at level zero I Don't feel to bad about this one.

Source RR1
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Cliffrice » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:15 pm

Circle of sounds
School Divination Level Druid 2, Ranger 2, Witch 2
Components V, S, M (a piece of an animal or animal droppings)
Range Short (25 ft + 5 ft. 2/level),
Target 1 creature/level
Effect One creature per level within range.
Duration 10 minutes/level
Saving Throw Will negates (harmless); Spell Resistance yes (harmless)

This spell allows upto one creature per level to speak the language of forest animals in cherps barks and chitters. The subject of the spell may choose speak her normal languages as well.

Notes: changed the range to close as touch for a spell that affects multiple creatures seems weird to me and i cant see a 20th level caster touching 20 creatures in a round.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Cliffrice » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:31 am

Cloak of righteousness
School Abjuration [Good]; Level Paladin 4, Oracle/Cleric 4, Inquisitor 3
Components V, S, DF
Range Personal
Target You
Effect 50 ft burst
Duration 1 round/level
Saving Throw Fortitude negates; Spell Resistance yes
Any foes of the caster withing 50' must roll a fortitude save or become blind for the spells duration. while allies or those the caster chooses within 50 ft are affected by a bless spell for the duration.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Cliffrice » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:34 am

Cold Snap
School evocation [cold]; Level druid 3, magus 3, sorcerer/wizard 3
Components V, S, M (A mixture of quicksilver and watter)
Range Short (25 ft +5ft/2 levels)
Target I creature or object Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes
This spell cause a sudden catastrophic drop in temperature in one creature or object. the caster must make a ranged touch attack and if successful the target takes 1d6 point of cold damage (max 10d6) and is staggered for one round. Object that survive the cold damage Gain susceptibility to blunt weapons until the end of the next round.

Notes: this spell is very similar to the Frigged touch spell so i bumped it up a level and reworked the penalties to objects to make them a bit clearer.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Cliffrice » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:37 am

Condemned
School Necromancy [Evil, Curse]; Level Alchemist 4, Antipaladin 3, Cleric/Oracle 4, Inquisitor 3, Witch 4
Casting Time 1 Full Round
Components V, S, M (Powdered skull, grave mold and dead blood)
Range Touch
Target Creature touched
Duration Permanent (see below)
Saving Throw Fortitude Negates; Spell Resistance yes
subjects of this spell must roll a fortitude saving throw or become immune to spells with the healing descriptor. Creatures harmed by healing spells are immune to this curse. A remove curse removes this effect.

Notes: Just made a blanket immunity to healing descriptor instead of cure spells in general. Made undead immune to this spell because curses arent suposed to be a good thing.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Raneth » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:35 pm

All the spell effects are Open Game Content, so you can reproduce them in their entirety. Most of them are also reproduced in the Pocket Grimoires, which are OEF so copying the text is much easier. I think a lot of the spells could do with some streamlining, such as Adhere to Wood being rewritten as "spider climb, but climb speed 5 ft. on wood surfaces only," or removing the needlessly complex delayed effect of Acid Spittle and making it the same as any other attack spell. If you're concerned about some spells being overpowered, IMO it would be simpler to just increase their level rather than nerfing their effects.

Pocket Grimoire Arcane and Pocket Grimoire Divine provided Open Game Content renames of spells from Relics & Rituals (full lists @ http://greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=343 and http://greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=325). If you use those names in a 3pp, you must add "Creature Collection, Copyright 2000, Clark Peterson," "Relics & Rituals, Copyright 2001, Clark Peterson," "Pocket Grimoire Arcane, Copyright 2002, Green Ronin Publishing" and "Pocket Grimoire Divine, Copyright 2002, Green Ronin Publishing" to your Section 15 Copyright Notice.

Relics & Rituals included domains with multiple spells at each level, but never explained how this worked compared to the SRD domains that had only one spell per level. Spells & Spellcraft provides a solution below. The quoted text is Open Game Content and any 3pp that reproduces it must add "Spells & Spellcraft Copyright 2002, Fantasy Flight, Inc." to their Section 15 Copyright Notice. I don't think this should really upset balance for clerics in any measurable way, since they still have only one domain slot per level per day.

Spells & Spellcraft, pg. 5 wrote:Alternate Domain Spells
Many of the spells presented in this book have domain spell levels, such as Protection 5. With the DM’s permission, a cleric with access to these domains may substitute or add these spells to his domain spell list. If he adds them to his list, then he may choose either the standard domain spell or the new spell when he prays for his daily allotment. If he substitutes the spell, then he has access to only that spell for the appropriate domain level. This choice should be final and irreversible.

I'll be going through the Pocket Grimoires copying over all available spells from R&R into a Word document, along with the domain rule above. Cliffrice, if you have any suggestions for spell corrections and spell lists, I'd like to hear them.
Raneth
Hobgoblin

Postby Cliffrice » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:43 pm

I have been streamlining spells and adding newer classes that did nor exist at the time (witch, magus ect ect)

Also the links don't seem to have any Relics and ritual 2 material in it.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Raneth » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:14 am

I don't know of any 3pp that used spells from R&R2, unfortunately. However, I noticed that several spells will probably have to change their schools and math, because between 3.0 and 3.5 a lot of spells in the SRD changed their mechanics. For example, here's a streamlined acid spittle spell that follows the guidelines of 3.5:

Punishing Spit
School evocation [acid]; Level alchemist 1, druid 1, sorcerer/wizard 1
Components V, S, M (16 oz. of any sort of wine consumed by the caster)
Range 15 ft.
Target one creature
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex half; Spell Resistance no
Punishing spit allows you to belch forth a small, viscous glob of potent acid as a thrown splash weapon. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack to hit your target. The target takes 1d6 points of acid damage per caster level (maximum 5d6). All creatures adjacent to the target take 1d2 points of acid damage per two caster levels (maximum 5d2).

Notice how much cleaner it looks?
Raneth
Hobgoblin

Postby Cliffrice » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:22 am

it does look cleaner But is now much better than acid arrow, which is a 2nd level spell. i think they all still need streamlining.
Though i do kinda like its simplified wording.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Raneth » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:33 am

Cliffrice wrote:it does look cleaner But is now much better than acid arrow, which is a 2nd level spell. i think they all still need streamlining.
Though i do kinda like its simplified wording.
Actually, punishing spit is weaker than burning hands and acid arrow has a long range. Spells aren't just about raw damage, the other factors are pretty important.

Animal Infusion (and Beast Soul) is also covered in concept by Animal Aspect from Ultimate Magic, so it won't need converting.

Condemned shouldn't provide a blanket immunity to healing spells because the Pathfinder design philosophy (read the conversion guide here). Replace it with a bonus against them instead.
Raneth
Hobgoblin

Postby Cliffrice » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:42 am

Good point. I agree about animal infusion. If you like we can go over each spell after you make the .rtf or word document.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Kaang » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:51 pm

Cliffrice wrote:BELSMETHS BLESSING
School Transmutation (evil); Level Cleric 5, Druid 4, Witch 5, sorcerer/wizard 5
Components V, S, M (A Tuft of appropriate fur and a drop of blood from the target) F (Silver dagger Or Sprig of Wolves bane for druids)
Range Touch
Target One Creature
Duration 1 Hour/level
Saving Throw Fortitude Negates (Harmless); Spell Resistance Yes
You Contract Lycanthropy for the duration of the spell. (See Lycanthrop Template)

Notes: Thought this spell should be a druid spell sense it thematicaly fit. Added a non metal material component for druids.

Hi Cliff, great work on the conversion! This was next on my list due to the work on tattoo magic. Might I recommend making it Transmutation (Polymorph [evil]). I'd also keep it as sorcerer/wizard 6 as it's comparable to Form of the Dragon I, but has the benefit of being able to target others. I can't find any form alteration spells that have a duration longer than 1 min/level, so I'd also drop it to that. Not sure I agree with your choice of adding it to Druid list. Druids have Wild Shape, their spells seem to avoid these kind of spells. I'd probably not include it as a Cleric or Druid spell but add it to a Domain as a spell choice. Maybe Darkness or Moon?

Only my 2 pence worth, what do you think?
Last edited by Kaang on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaang
Orc

Postby Kaang » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:42 am

Kaang wrote:Acid Spittle
School conjuration (creation) [acid]; Level sorcerer/wizard 1
Components V, S, M
Range 10ft.
Effect one spat glob of acid
Duration 1 min/level; instantaneous effect
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

The caster is able to belch forth a small glob of potent acid at a nearby opponent. After pronouncing the verbal component, the caster imbibes the material component, which completes the spell. This is concentrated and transformed in to acid as it goes down the throat. The caster is protected from it for 1 minute per level, but if it is not spat out by then, it will do maximum damage to the caster internally. The caster may spit the acid at any time as a thrown splash weapon with a range of 10 feet that deals 1d6 acid damage +1/2 levels (max 5) to the target and 1 point of splash damage +1/ 2 caster levels (max 3 total).

Copying over from SL Kingmaker post. Agreed Raneth, there's no exact science.
Kaang
Orc

Postby Cliffrice » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:43 am

Kaang wrote:
Cliffrice wrote:BELSMETHS BLESSING
School Transmutation (evil); Level Cleric 5, Druid 4, Witch 5, sorcerer/wizard 5
Components V, S, M (A Tuft of appropriate fur and a drop of blood from the target) F (Silver dagger Or Sprig of Wolves bane for druids)
Range Touch
Target One Creature
Duration 1 Hour/level
Saving Throw Fortitude Negates (Harmless); Spell Resistance Yes
You Contract Lycanthropy for the duration of the spell. (See Lycanthrop Template)

Notes: Thought this spell should be a druid spell sense it thematicaly fit. Added a non metal material component for druids.

Hi Cliff, great work on the conversion! This was next on my list due to the work on tattoo magic. Might I recommend making it Transmutation (Polymorph [evil]). I'd also keep it as sorcerer/wizard 6 as it's comparable to Form of the Dragon I, but has the benefit of being able to target others. I can't find any form alteration spells that have a duration longer than 1 min/level, so I'd also drop it to that. Not sure I agree with your choice of adding it to Druid list. Druids have Wild Shape, their spells seem to avoid these kind of spells. I'd probably not include it as a Cleric or Druid spell but add it to a Domain as a spell choice. Maybe Darkness or Moon?

Only my 2 pence worth, what do you think?

Those are some verry good points Kaang. I contemplated Druid because its seemed natureish and gives a hair more than Beast shapes. Looking at it i agree with Bumping the wizard levels.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Raneth » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:08 pm

Alternate Domain Spells
Many of the spells presented in this book have domain spell levels, such as Protection 5. With the DM’s permission, a cleric with access to these domains may substitute or add these spells to his domain spell list. If he adds them to his list, then he may choose either the standard domain spell or the new spell when he prays for his daily allotment. If he substitutes the spell, then he has access to only that spell for the appropriate domain level. This choice should be final and irreversible.

Punishing Spit
School evocation [acid]; Level alchemist 1, druid 1, sorcerer/wizard 1
Components V, S, M (16 oz. of any sort of wine consumed by the caster)
Range 15 ft.
Target one creature
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex half; Spell Resistance no
Punishing spit allows you to belch forth a small, viscous glob of potent acid as a thrown splash weapon. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack to hit your target. The target takes 1d6 points of acid damage per caster level (maximum 5d6). All creatures adjacent to the target take 1d2 points of acid damage per two caster levels (maximum 5d2).

Wood Walk
School transmutation; Level druid 0, ranger 1; Domain plant 1
Components V, S, M (lichen or bracken)
Range personal
Target you
Duration concentration
This spell functions as spider climb, except the caster gains a climb speed of 5 feet and can climb wooden surfaces only.

False Witness
School enchantment (charm) [mind-affecting]; Level bard 2, sorcerer/wizard 2
Components S, M (small mirror left with one of the spell’s targets—or at the location where the false meeting with the targets “occurred”)
Duration 1 day/level
Range close (25 ft.+5 ft./2 levels)
Target one creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes
Those affected by false witness will believe that the caster was in their company for up to one hour per level. These spurious memories will last for one day per level. After this time passes, the memories will fade. Those individuals unaffected by the spell will have no idea that the spell was cast, but their memories will conflict with those of the enchanted.

Animal Aspect
Domain animal 2
Refer to animal aspect in Ultimate Magic.

Animal Agent
School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]; Level bard 3, druid 3, ranger 2, witch 3; Domain animal 3
This spell functions as animal messenger, except that it allows more complicated instructions to be given to the animal. Animal agent allows for up to three sets of instructions to be mentally impressed upon the animal. For example: go to a place, wait for something to happen, then return to a specified location (most likely, where the caster is or expects to be).

Shadow Coil
School conjuration (creation) [shadow]; Level magus 3, sorcerer/wizard 3, witch 3; Domain shadow 2
Components S, F (shadow)
Effect one incorporeal rope-like tentacle
Duration 1 round/level (D)
The caster can use this spell to animate any nearby shadow into a rope-like tentacle under her control. The tentacle stays rooted where the transmuted shadow fell upon the wall or floor, but the shadow tendril can extend 5 feet per level away to attack an opponent.
In most respects, this spell operates like the spell animate rope. The most notable difference is that the shadow coil is incorporeal. Attempts to physically sever or break it simply pass right through it, while the shadow instantly re-forms itself or flows around interposing objects to regain its continuity.
When the spell is cast, the caster indicates a target, and the shadow attacks it. A successful touch attack means the shadow has entangled a victim (the shadowy rope will seem quite solid to the victim). Since the animated shadow is considered to be anchored, it can hold a victim motionless if the caster so desires. Otherwise, the victim can move up to the length of the animated shadow away from the shadow’s anchor point.
A move action allows the caster to indicate a new target, whereupon the animated shadow will release its current victim, coil and spring upon its new target.

Armor of Decay
School necromancy; Level alchemist 4, cleric 3, magus 3, sorcerer/wizard 3; Domain death 3
Components V, S, M/DF (humanoid corpse; can be fresh, rotting, or even skeletal, so long as enough of it remains that it could be animated via an animate dead spell)
Range personal
Target you
Duration 1 hour/level
Armor of decay allows the caster to create magical armor from the remains of a humanoid. The armor grants a +2 enhancement bonus to AC, a -1 Armor Check penalty, and a 5% arcane spell failure penalty.

15 COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Open Game License v 1.0 Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
System Reference Document Copyright 2000-2003, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Authors Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, Rich Baker, Andy Collins, David Noonan, Rich Redman, Bruce R. Cordell, John D. Rateliff, Thomas Reid, James Wyatt, based on original material by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.
Creature Collection, Copyright 2000, Clark Peterson.
Relics & Rituals, Copyright 2001, Clark Peterson.
Pocket Grimoire Arcane, Copyright 2002, Green Ronin Publishing.
Pocket Grimoire Divine, Copyright 2002, Green Ronin Publishing.
Spells & Spellcraft Copyright 2002, Fantasy Flight, Inc.
Raneth
Hobgoblin

Postby Cliffrice » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:24 am

Control Light
School Transmutation [Darkness, Light]; Level Cleric/Oracle 4, Wizard/sorcerer 4
Components V, S, F (A spiral ring of white and black gold)
Range Close (25 ft + 5 ft. 2/level
Target One creature object or 5' square
Effect 5' level emanation centered on the target.
Duration 2 rounds/level
The caster may increase or decrease the light levels in an area dimming or brightening the light by one step per round. Bolstered daylight Daylight to torchlight to low light to complete darkness bolstered darkness.

Bolstered daylight/darkness: This level of light is equal to either daylight or complete darkness. However spells with descriptors of Light or darkness are made more potent while weakening the other. Damaging spells have their damage dice increased by one dice type. While save dc's on non damaging spells are increased by one. Spells of the opposing descriptor are likewise weakened.

This spell can be used as a counter spell for any spell with the light or darkness descriptor.

Notes: Added wizards to the class list because it was invented by penumbral lords whom are primarily wizards. and this spell also makes sense as a wizard spell.
Cliffrice
Troll

Previous

Return to Scarred Lands