Alien / Predator / Bladerunner in the Traveller Universe?

"This is Free Trader Beowulf...Mayday..." "Hang in there, Beowulf. Help is on the way..."
The Book-House: Find Traveller products.

Alien / Predator / Bladerunner in the Traveller Universe?

Postby Havard » Mon May 01, 2017 12:50 pm

So, Alien, Predator, Blade Runner and Prometheus apparently all take place in the same universe. Prometheus was the movie that included ties to Tyrell Industries from Bladerunner. This actually has some interesting implications for the Androids of the Alien-movies.

Anyway, could all of this work within the framework of the Traveller Setting? Could the Prometheans be the Ancients of Traveller, or would they be too weak for that comparison?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Alien / Predator / Bladerunner in the Traveller Universe

Postby Boneguard » Mon May 01, 2017 3:48 pm

Well it is established Canon that the Droyne are somehow tied or related to the Ancient.

However, shifting this to the Peometheans who acted in a similar fashion, seeding world, terraforming, genetic engineering, etc. could work too and would not create much issues.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Postby Big Mac » Mon May 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Havard wrote:So, Alien, Predator, Blade Runner and Prometheus apparently all take place in the same universe.

I'm not so sure about Blade Runner. It's based on a short story called Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. The others do not have the same creator.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Tue May 02, 2017 2:26 am

I think this is certainly a viable idea for a Home Brewed campaign

since the related Movies have a similar background or timeline <Predator can be Time Shifted easily>
one just needs to define attributes for each notable Species <Alien Queen & Worker Bugs, Predator, and all other errata>
into the Traveller Mechanics and work up some adventure hooks to pull the Party into
Lord Sheriff Takari
Gnoll

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue May 02, 2017 11:38 pm

There is an D20: Aliens pdf, it might take some effort to convert it to T20.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Havard » Wed May 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Havard wrote:So, Alien, Predator, Blade Runner and Prometheus apparently all take place in the same universe.

I'm not so sure about Blade Runner. It's based on a short story called Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. The others do not have the same creator.

While this is correct, Ridley Scott is the creator of the movie version of Blade Runner and also the director of Alien and Prometheus. Prometheus contained the teaser connections to the Tyrell Corporation. So the movies could be connected even if the short story by Phillip K. Dick was not.

The most interesting implication from this IMO is that Ridley Scott could have been thinking about the Androids from the Alien movies (each movie features one) as a later stage development of Replicants. Replicants appear much more human than Androids, at least physically, although all the Androids do seem to have very advanced personalities.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby The Dark » Thu May 04, 2017 12:42 am

Mongoose did a book titled Cowboys vs Xenomorphs that had serial-numbers-filed-off versions of the Aliens, Predator, and Body Snatchers. I don't have a good enough feel for the full backstory to know how to fit it into the Third Imperium, but the stats are out there for use.
The Dark
Troll

Postby Havard » Thu May 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Here's a video discussing some connections between Bladerunner and Alien: Covenant. SPOILERS for Alien: Covenant.

Alien: Covenant has a few details that seem to sugget that all the Alien VS Predator stuff is being thrown out the window though. Not that I blame them, but I still like the idea of all of these movies being set in the same universe.

Here's a timeline based on the Alien and Bladerunner movies:

Several of the above dates drawn from this website: http://alienanthology.wikia.com/wiki/Al ... e_Timeline

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Return to Traveller