Mongoose Traveller 2E?

"This is Free Trader Beowulf...Mayday..." "Hang in there, Beowulf. Help is on the way..."
The Book-House: Find Traveller products.

Mongoose Traveller 2E?

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:13 pm

Who has it? How different is it from 1E? What are the biggest changes? What changes do you like and/or dislike?
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: Mongoose Traveller 2E?

Postby Angel Tarragon » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Anyone? Bueller? :P
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby The Dark » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:14 am

I didn't bother to get it since:
a) I already have CT, MT, TNE, GT, and MgT1.
b) Mongoose has never really improved on their notoriously bad editing ("see p.xx").
c) It didn't look like it would support MTU, which is much less gravitics-intensive.
The Dark
Troll

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:28 am

The Dark wrote:I didn't bother to get it since:
b) Mongoose has never really improved on their notoriously bad editing ("see p.xx").
c) It didn't look like it would support MTU, which is much less gravitics-intensive.
a) Not relevant to my query.
b) No book has perfect editing. Also not relevant to my query.
c) Not relevant to my query.
d) Perhaps next time you should try to provide details in your posts that are relevant to questions that quote from.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby The Dark » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:36 am

Angel Tarragon wrote:
d) Perhaps next time you should try to provide details in your posts that are relevant to questions that quote from.

You appeared to be asking why nobody was responding with your second post. I took the opportunity to explain why I didn't have it, since I thought it might spark a polite conversation. Since I now understand my error in trying to engage in polite conversation with you, it shall not happen again.
The Dark
Troll

Postby Big Mac » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:

MODERATOR WARNING (by Big Mac): Angel: You said the following in your first post:
Angel Tarragon wrote:What changes do you like and/or dislike?

The Dark's response is a direct response to what he disliked about this product, and that is an answer given to your question in good faith. Perhaps that information is not what you are looking for, but The Dark spent the time to do what he thought would help you, and you responded by being rude. You could instead have thanked him for the information and asked another question, giving a bit more detail about what you were looking for. Please do not be rude to other forum members, especially when they are genuinly trying to help you.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Traveller