[Babylon 5] Starship Size Comparison (Video)

"This is Free Trader Beowulf...Mayday..." "Hang in there, Beowulf. Help is on the way..."
The Book-House: Find Traveller products.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

[Babylon 5] Starship Size Comparison (Video)

Post by Havard »

Neat video illustrating the size differences between many of the ships of the B5 galaxy, including the B5 station itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkt7hr ... e=youtu.be

Could be useful for your Babylon 5 RPG campaigns? :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Dread Delgath
Storm Giant

Re: [Babylon 5] Starship Size Comparison (Video)

Post by Dread Delgath »

:cool: IF we only had a B5 campaign going on right now... ...or Star Trek (SFB for me)... ...or Star Wars... ...or Starfinder... ...or Star Frontiers... ...or Traveller! ;)
I'd never played any of the several B5 RPGs, and I remember seeing at least 2 different systems.

(Which I guess is better than having umpteen Star Trek RPGs out there, and each of the players in your group owning a different set of rules.) :roll:

OT: Coincidentally, last night at our weekly game, a new player mentioned some science fiction games he was interested in purchasing from eBay. We started talking about Starfire, a star empire building campaign war-game along the similar vein of Star Fleet Battles mixed with Civ III, which naturally led to Babylon 5 Wars talk. (I want to mention that ALL of these are war-games of differing scales, covering the spectrum of ship-to-ship fights, large scale ship-to-ship assaults, to truly massive galaxy-spanning empire vs. federation wars.)

I still have a slew of 3 ring binders full of Starfire (5th edition iirc) campaign material somewhere, and I've gotten the itch to play or run the original (and best!) West End Games d6 Star Wars RPG or Starfinder. :lol:
“Did I do anything wrong today, or has the world always been like this and I've been too wrapped up in myself to notice?”

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Dread Delgath wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:53 pm
:cool: IF we only had a B5 campaign going on right now... ...or Star Trek (SFB for me)... ...or Star Wars... ...or Starfinder... ...or Star Frontiers... ...or Traveller! ;)
I'd never played any of the several B5 RPGs, and I remember seeing at least 2 different systems.
I think there were 3 Bablyon 5 RPGs:
Babylon Project
D20 Babylon 5
Babylon 5 Traveller (see discussion of this here)
(Which I guess is better than having umpteen Star Trek RPGs out there, and each of the players in your group owning a different set of rules.) :roll:

OT: Coincidentally, last night at our weekly game, a new player mentioned some science fiction games he was interested in purchasing from eBay. We started talking about Starfire, a star empire building campaign war-game along the similar vein of Star Fleet Battles mixed with Civ III, which naturally led to Babylon 5 Wars talk. (I want to mention that ALL of these are war-games of differing scales, covering the spectrum of ship-to-ship fights, large scale ship-to-ship assaults, to truly massive galaxy-spanning empire vs. federation wars.)

I still have a slew of 3 ring binders full of Starfire (5th edition iirc) campaign material somewhere, and I've gotten the itch to play or run the original (and best!) West End Games d6 Star Wars RPG or Starfinder. :lol:
I have never heard of Starfire, but then I was never really into war games. Sounds like a fun game though :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Raymond
Bugbear

Post by Raymond »

You need to check out this web site starting on this page:

https://www.merzo.net/10mpp.htm

Different tabs at the top of the page cover different scales. Babylon 5 is represented here.

Return to “Traveller”