Other Traveller Websites (& Free Downloads)

"This is Free Trader Beowulf...Mayday..." "Hang in there, Beowulf. Help is on the way..."
The Book-House: Find Traveller products.

Other Traveller Websites (& Free Downloads)

Postby Big Mac » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:23 pm

TRAVELLER:

FREE TRAVELLER DOWNLOADS:

Keep watching this post as links may be added by myself (or the local moderator/s) at any time.

LAST EDIT: Terran Trade Authority Yahoo Group link added 3 Auguest 2010 by Big Mac.
Last edited by Big Mac on Mon May 14, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Traveller] Other Traveller Websites (& Free Downloads)

Postby Hugin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:30 pm

Thanks for all the links, David!
Hugin
Green Dragon

Re: Other Traveller Websites (& Free Downloads)

Postby Big Mac » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:05 am

Hugin wrote:Thanks for all the links, David!

No problem. If you find any more useful Traveller links, give me a poke and I'll add them to the first post.

(I'm wondering if Traveller might be the first "Other Worlds" topic to reach the magic "5 meaningful threads" limit and qualify for its own subforum. :) )
Last edited by Big Mac on Mon May 14, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby BlackBat242 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:12 am

http://www.travellerrpg.com/index.php?p=coti Traveller (all versions) site, including discussion forum.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode
BlackBat242
Dire Haggis

Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Postby JamesMishler » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:59 am

I have some non-Third Imperium Classic Traveller details from my campaign up on my blog:

http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com/search/label/Traveller

So far no session reports as we've yet to have the first session; it was delayed first due to weather and now due to getting the current events wrapped up in my Greyhawk Campaign...
JamesMishler
Gnoll

Postby Dread Delgath » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:45 am

James, that is an awesome blog! That is how I'd want to run a Traveller character generation session, however, as I don't really have the time to create my own subsector, I'll use the Spinward Marches & various alien mods.

Well done sir! Image
Examining the origins of D&D: 0e, Holmes Basic, Chainmail, Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry, DDG&H, Swords & Spells & implementing house rules... Prime Requisite Blogspot
Dread Delgath
Frost Giant

Location: Thankfully, NOT where the swirl starts when you flush the country.

Postby Dread Delgath » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:09 am

Nice links Big Mac, I found those earlier in a massive, frantic search of Traveller last month. ;)

But I didn't think to post the links here, though! :mrgreen:
Examining the origins of D&D: 0e, Holmes Basic, Chainmail, Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry, DDG&H, Swords & Spells & implementing house rules... Prime Requisite Blogspot
Dread Delgath
Frost Giant

Postby Dread Delgath » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:22 am

I'll start to add some Traveller links that I know about. I'll post them here as I gather all the wayward links & bookmarks that I keep.

Traveller Wikia Map of Charted Space

This page has links along the left hand side that will take you to many other Traveller sites & communities.
Dread Delgath
Frost Giant

Postby JamesMishler » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:41 pm

This is the best Traveller Third Imperium map on the web:

http://www.travellermap.com/

You can track in on individual systems, and all the way out to see the whole galaxy and just how spall Human Space really is...
JamesMishler
Gnoll

Postby Big Mac » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:03 am

BlackBat242 wrote:http://www.travellerrpg.com/index.php?p=coti Traveller (all versions) site, including discussion forum.

I've already got a page from TravellerRPG.com listed. Do you think the Citizens of the Imperium page should be up as well/instead?

JamesMishler wrote:I have some non-Third Imperium Classic Traveller details from my campaign up on my blog:

http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com/search/label/Traveller

So far no session reports as we've yet to have the first session; it was delayed first due to weather and now due to getting the current events wrapped up in my Greyhawk Campaign...

Well, you have a PDF of the map up already and some people might like that. I look forward to seeing more information go online as your game moves on. (I won't ask you about it here, because I don't want to derail the Traveller links thread, but feel free to start a new [Traveller] thread if you want to tell us about the parts of the universe that you are building for your game.

Dread Delgath wrote:Traveller Wikia Map of Charted Space

This page has links along the left hand side that will take you to many other Traveller sites & communities.

I already have the Traveller Wiki, but this page is worth a second link. I've also added the Community Portal (I really should sort out the Community Portal on the Spelljammer Wiki - this one shows me what sort of stuff I should be putting on my own wiki :oops: ).

JamesMishler wrote:This is the best Traveller Third Imperium map on the web:

http://www.travellermap.com/

You can track in on individual systems, and all the way out to see the whole galaxy and just how spall Human Space really is...

Wow! I love that. And I love the API page. I wonder how many webmasters have taken the time to create APIs that use this map content.

OK. As of this post - the links are up to date again (unless people want a second link up for Citizens of the Imperium).
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby BlackBat242 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:27 am

Big Mac wrote:
BlackBat242 wrote:http://www.travellerrpg.com/index.php?p=coti Traveller (all versions) site, including discussion forum.

I've already got a page from TravellerRPG.com listed. Do you think the Citizens of the Imperium page should be up as well/instead?

OK. As of this post - the links are up to date again (unless people want a second link up for Citizens of the Imperium).

Well, I posted the CotI link because I didn't recognize the TravellerRPG link as going to CotI.

No one I have ever chatted with ever referred to the forum as anything other than CotI... and I've been there since February 24th, 2007 (when it was still on the old server).

Perhaps just change your link's label of "Traveller forum" to "CotI Traveller forum" or "Citizens of the Imperium Traveller forum"... so people will know what it is.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode
BlackBat242
Dire Haggis

Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Postby Big Mac » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:38 am

BlackBat242 wrote:<snip>
No one I have ever chatted with ever referred to the forum as anything other than CotI... and I've been there since February 24th, 2007 (when it was still on the old server).

Perhaps just change your link's label of "Traveller forum" to "CotI Traveller forum" or "Citizens of the Imperium Traveller forum"... so people will know what it is.

Well, I don't have an account on that forum - I just found it on a random Google search, so I'll bow down to your insider knowledge.

I've gone for your second option (the non abreviated name) as that will show up when someone searches for the full name of the website (and will also come up in a search for "Traveller forum"). Anyone familiar enough with Traveller to know the "CotI" abbreviation probably already has the site bookmarked.

Anyway, keep the useful Traveller links coming in and myself (or the local moderator) will add them to the top post when we next have time.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby isomage » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:19 am

I made an online random subsector generator using the procedure detailed in Book 3: Worlds and Adventures. It produces a two-page PDF with a map on the first page and the world data on the second. If you think it would be useful feel free to add it to the list: http://axiscity.hexamon.net/users/isomage/traveller/
My random map generators and GIMP scripts: http://axiscity.hexamon.net/users/isomage/
isomage
Orc

Postby Dread Delgath » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:32 am

Thanks isomage. That sounds like a really useful tool. :mrgreen:
Dread Delgath
Frost Giant

Postby Big Mac » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:54 am

isomage wrote:I made an online random subsector generator using the procedure detailed in Book 3: Worlds and Adventures. It produces a two-page PDF with a map on the first page and the world data on the second. If you think it would be useful feel free to add it to the list: http://axiscity.hexamon.net/users/isomage/traveller/

Great link. Of course that would be useful. 8-)

I love the way that your page actually creates a downloadable PDF for people. I've stuck it into the downloads section. So the downloads are now up to date again. (This last sentence is mainly for me, so that I can ignore all the posts above this one, when looking for new links to add. ;) )

BTW: If you don't mind a bit of unsolicited advice, isomage. If you modifiy your HTML, so that the <title> tag includes something like "Traveller Random Subsector Generator" (the name you have on your page), you might help Googlebot (and the other search engine spiders) to give your page a good "presence" on Google (and the other search engines).
Last edited by Big Mac on Mon May 14, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby isomage » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:12 am

Big Mac wrote:BTW: If you don't mind a bit of unsolicited advice, isomage. If you modifiy your HTML, so that the <title> tag includes something like "Traveller Random Subsector Generator"

Thanks for the suggestion. I was a bit lazy when I was putting the site together and had the <title> in the header file which is included by each page. I've moved it out into the individual pages now.
My random map generators and GIMP scripts: http://axiscity.hexamon.net/users/isomage/
isomage
Orc

Postby Big Mac » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:38 pm

isomage wrote:
Big Mac wrote:BTW: If you don't mind a bit of unsolicited advice, isomage. If you modifiy your HTML, so that the <title> tag includes something like "Traveller Random Subsector Generator"

Thanks for the suggestion. I was a bit lazy when I was putting the site together and had the <title> in the header file which is included by each page. I've moved it out into the individual pages now.

Brilliant. That will help Googlebot, but it should also help people who bookmark the page. (I've been on websites where everything has the same "name" and if you bookmark two pages, sometimes the second one overwrites the first one! :shock: )

Anyway, the suggestion is the least I can do, when you are giving away such a great resource for Traveller fans (and some pretty useful pages for other settings too).

Your map making tools look good. Maybe you should mention them in a place like The Orc's Revenge. (Although, I'm not sure what the best thread would be, so you might need to start a new one.)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:39 am

Big Mac wrote:(I'm wondering if Traveller might be the first "Other Worlds" topic to reach the magic "5 meaningful threads" limit and qualify for its own subforum. :) )

Sadly for Traveller, this has not happened...yet. But well done to Wilderlands, World of Warcraft (RPG) and Talislanta for "breaking out".
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby writermonk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:24 am

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TTARPG/ - is the old Yahoo!Groups page.
http://www.talislanta.com - Home of 20+ years of Talislanta material and the new Talislanta: Savage Lands.
writermonk
Ogre

Postby Big Mac » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:04 pm

writermonk wrote:http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TTARPG/ - is the old Yahoo!Groups page.

Thanks for that. Maybe the Yahoo Group will restart after BPI gets something out there.
Last edited by Big Mac on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby chatdemon » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:21 am

Expanding the list:

Blogs
The Zhodani Base
Traveller in the 3rd Dimension
Halfway Station - Traveller
Traveller's Log
The Lair of Evil Dr. Ganymede
Stellar Reaches
Alkonost Rising
lastfreehuman
8:05 p.m.
Alex Schroeder: Traveller
The Art of Ian Stead - Traveller
Halfway Station
Traveller Map News
My Own Private Universe
Tales of the Neophyte Travellers

Forums
Citizens of the Imperium
Mongoose Publishing :: Traveller
TAS-Net - Index
The Piazza forum - Traveller

Sites
A Site for the Game of Traveller
Æther Traveller
Andrew's Traveller Page
Beowulf Down
BITS UK Home
Bobson's Tools
CORE
Crucible Highport: A Traveller Web Site
Daryen's Traveller Page
Don's Traveller Page
Elv's Traveller Haven
Far Future Action
Far Future Enterprises
Freelance Traveller
GURPS Traveller
High Tortuga
History of the Imperium Working Group
http://www.powerprojection.net/
Shanghai Stars
Interactive Atlas of the Imperium
Stellar Reaches
Pocket Empires for Traveller
John Andrew Keith Memorial Site
Journal of the Travellers Aid Society
Mark Seemann's Traveller page
Mongoose Publishing : Traveller
Paper Games Division
Second Life Traveller
Security Leak Magazine (TM)
StuffOnline
Sturn's Traveller Resources
Swordworlder's Traveller Downport
The Draconis Cluster Taveller Pages
The Great TML Landgrab - Downport.com
The Mercenary's Guide to Weapons
Traveller 3D - Science Fiction Art in the Far Future
Traveller Freeport
Traveller in the DED Zone
Traveller Index for vrhome
Traveller Map
Traveller News Service
Traveller RPG Wiki
Traveller Trader
Traveller Web Portal :: Downport.com
Traveller, Science Fiction Adventure in the Far Future
TravellerRPG.com
Travtrack
Walt Smith's Traveller Page
Welcome to Jackson Downport!
Welcome to the Patinir Belt
Welcome to Traveller Central
Welcome To Traveller The Phoenix Project, Science Role Playing in the Third Imperium
www.Traveller5.com

Email Discussion Groups
Traveller Mailing List (TML)
Traveller Mailing List (TML) - Chat (off topic discussions)
Yahoo! Groups : 2300 Non-Canon
Yahoo! Groups : Classic Traveller
Yahoo! Groups : Classic Traveller Starships
Yahoo! Groups : Classic Traveller Striker
Yahoo! Groups : Fan Aids for Mongoose Traveller
Yahoo! Groups : GDWHouseRules
Yahoo! Groups : scroobyblue
Yahoo! Groups : Solomani_Confederation
Yahoo! Groups : TAS Access Terminal Project
Yahoo! Groups : The Fantasy Trip Traveller
Yahoo! Groups : The Spinward Traveller
Yahoo! Groups : The Ultimate Sci Fi Role Playing Game
Yahoo! Groups : The Zine for THE Game
Yahoo! Groups : Traveller Deckplans Mailing List
Yahoo! Groups : Traveller Downport
Yahoo! Groups : Traveller T20 TAS Lounge
Yahoo! Groups : Traveller_FullThrust
Yahoo! Groups : Traveller-TNE
chatdemon
Hobgoblin

Postby Azaghal » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Awesome list Rich!!
Sean "Azaghal" Pennington
Azaghal
Green Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Azaghal » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:59 am

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:Campaign 1: Secrets of the Ancients

This is released as a 10 part series, I have the 1st 5 parts. I have plans to potentially re-write this into a SJ module.
Sean "Azaghal" Pennington
Azaghal
Green Dragon

Next

Return to Traveller