Zhodani PCs?

"This is Free Trader Beowulf...Mayday..." "Hang in there, Beowulf. Help is on the way..."
The Book-House: Find Traveller products.

Zhodani PCs?

Postby Havard » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:30 pm

How about these Psionically inclined humans? From the Vilani thread it was suggested that they are default bad-guys. Have you ever allowed them as PCs?

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Zhodani PCs?

Postby Boneguard » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Yes, you could: Classic Traveller, GURP Traveller and Mongoose Traveller all have a Zhodani sourcebook which can be used to make a Zhodani PC.

Edit:
Fixed my links
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Postby Havard » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:03 am

Cool, thanks!

I always got the impression that the Zhodani were too weird to play :)

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Boneguard » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Well they are weird, but not as bad as a Hiver for exemple. And I played a game where we were 3 Vilani and a Hiver...that was pretty interesting. The Hiver had a Male name but his voicebox was female. Pretty hilarious and disturbing.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Postby Dread Delgath » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:54 pm

The Zhodani was presented in one of the Traveller "Alien" books, meant to be role-played as characters or background for NPCs.

I'd only allow a Zhodani character under two conditions: either the player is playing a Zhodani sleeper agent, or all the players are playing Zhodani in a Zhodani focused campaign.

A Zhodani sleeper agent in a group of players adventuring around the Spinward Marches, this could go several ways, mostly badly, should the Zhodani sleeper be discovered. Not necessarily bad between non-Zhodani players & the Zhodani player, but the powers-that-be in the Marches would probably equate that the entire party is guilty by association!

As for a sleeper agent, this might be very interesting having a Zhodani sleeper agent in the Solomani Rim, part of an adventuring group searching for Lost Terra! The other players probably wouldn't even care if/when the Zhodani character is discovered in their midst, unless they're very anti-psionic Imperial types.

The way I play the Solomani humans, they're not as uptight about psionics as the Imperials are.

Perhaps the Zhodani character is searching for any Imperial Psionics Institutes to recruit psions for Zhodane, or looking for one to hone his/her skills, or, using his/her considerable psionic skills to actually found or teach at a Psionics Institute!
Coming Soon(er or later)! A new Campaign Journal of our group's 5th edition D&D campaign set in my world of Dakan Mar. The Prophecies of the Roaming
Dread Delgath
Frost Giant

Location: Thankfully, NOT where the swirl starts when you flush the country.

Return to Traveller