Mechs in Traveller?

"This is Free Trader Beowulf...Mayday..." "Hang in there, Beowulf. Help is on the way..."
The Book-House: Find Traveller products.

Mechs in Traveller?

Postby Freedom92 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:17 pm

Ello folks has anyone encountered rules for mechs in traveller? I've been wanting to have some use for the mechs I've referenced, they mostly take up room and sit.

If anyone can help that would be nice :3 I'm using mongoose rules.
Freedom92
Bugbear

Re: Mechs in Traveller?

Postby gallowglacht » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:35 pm

http://paizo.com/products/btpy8f9y?Mech ... -Squadrons

Like this?
I don't play Mongoose so I'm afraid I can't tell you if it's any good...
gallowglacht
Hobgoblin

Postby Havard » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Mongoose Traveller is compatible with Classic Traveller and Megatraveller AFAIK...

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Boneguard » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Havard wrote:Mongoose Traveller is compatible with Classic Traveller and Megatraveller AFAIK...

-Havard

We played a Mongoose Traveller game and incorporated element of Classic Traveller. There's difference, but nothing major.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Stone Giant

Postby dmccoy1693 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:33 pm

gallowglacht wrote:http://paizo.com/products/btpy8f9y?Mech-Tech-n-bot-Mech-Squadrons

Like this?

I just want to say thank you for posting a link to one of my books. I know the thanks is more than a year late, but ...
A new day calls for a race. Download the Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Subscription today.

Dale McCoy, Jr.
Jon Brazer Enterprises
dmccoy1693
Goblin

Postby Big Mac » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:39 pm

dmccoy1693 wrote:
gallowglacht wrote:http://paizo.com/products/btpy8f9y?Mech-Tech-n-bot-Mech-Squadrons

Like this?

I just want to say thank you for posting a link to one of my books. I know the thanks is more than a year late, but ...

I think we need to get you added to Havard's Celebrities on The Piazza list, Dale. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby gallowglacht » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:39 am

dmccoy1693 wrote:

Like this?

You're welcome. I know the welcome is 3 months late.. ;)

Hey OP, did you go ahead an use Mechs in Traveller, how did it go?

I still flirt with the idea of a "MechaTraveller" game, running the Interstellar Wars as if it was a Mecha Anime series.
Vilani using Mechs modelled on their gods (Ancient War Robots) against technologically inferior races to project an air of godlike firepower and instil a fear of Humaniti in aliens. The mechs becoming a symbol of the Vilanis divine might over the centuries and millennia.
The Terrans however, lack this fear and simply see large targets. Over time they adopt the Mechs themselves. It isn't enough to defeat the Vilani in a few battles, they must shatter the image of invincibility and that means usurping the symbols of their might and using them against them. [This way I can justify their use in a sci-fi game, despite the disadvantages and impracticalities of the form].
Of course I intend to Anime it up a bit. Vilani have numerous different hair colours for example. The neural-jacks that control mechs work better when adopted from a younger (teen) age. Emperor-to-be Hiroshi begins as a dashing but inexperience princess rescuing hero. There are dark secrets to reveal, maybe the Terrans aren't the good guys after all. You know, usual anime stuff.

I picked up Mekton Zeta for inspiration too. But the problem, as always, is too many projects I want to do and not enough time to do them. At the moment my gaming time is mostly taken up with falling in love with old school, basic/original D&D all over again.
But I'd love to hear about someone else's Traveller with Mecha game...
gallowglacht
Hobgoblin

Return to Traveller