[Traveller] Terran Trade Authority

"This is Free Trader Beowulf...Mayday..." "Hang in there, Beowulf. Help is on the way..."
The Book-House: Find Traveller products.
Azaghal
Green Dragon

Re: [Traveller] Terran Trade Authority

Post by Azaghal » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:18 am

BPIJonathan wrote:We have the exclusive rights to the rpg, so if they are found have them contact me directly. I hope to have the game ready for playtest come the end of the year.
Are you going to farm that playtest out? I am interested, time available, I won't know till later in the year.
Sean "Azaghal" Pennington

BPIJonathan
Dinosaur King

Post by BPIJonathan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:41 am

I am going to farm the playtest out, I figure I will annouce it on here when I'm ready
Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press International | thompsonjm (at) gmail (dot) com |"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Post by Azaghal » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:50 am

BPIJonathan wrote:I am going to farm the playtest out, I figure I will annouce it on here when I'm ready
Sounds like a good plan to me.
Sean "Azaghal" Pennington

writermonk
Ogre

Post by writermonk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:23 am

Big Mac wrote:
@writermonk: You seemed to know a lot about TTA, when you mentioned it in the Tal forum. Do you have an idea if there is any unpublished stuff floating around in limbo (like that stuff you are currently rescuing for Talislanta)?

BTW: If you do find that TTA Yahoo group, would you please post it into the [Traveller] Other Traveller Websites (& Free Downloads) and I'll update the first post. (I must get around to making a thread like that for Talislanta. :oops: )
I don't think there's any missing TTA stuff out there. Or rather, I should say that the folks that had the majority of TTA stuff on their hard drives when Morrigan started to fold took all of their stuff and kept it together for future edition of TTA. I would assume that it's moved right along?

I posted the link to the Yahoo!Group over in that thread. Jonathon has some posts in the Yahoo!Group, so I'm sure he knows all about it as well. It's not really been a highly active place of late.

As regards the eventual playtest, it's using the current version of Traveler? Or something else?
http://www.talislanta.com - Home of 20+ years of Talislanta material and the new Talislanta: Savage Lands.

BPIJonathan
Dinosaur King

Post by BPIJonathan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:09 am

writermonk wrote:As regards the eventual playtest, it's using the current version of Traveler? Or something else?
At least one of each as far as we can figure.
Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press International | thompsonjm (at) gmail (dot) com |"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:59 pm

writermonk wrote:I don't think there's any missing TTA stuff out there. Or rather, I should say that the folks that had the majority of TTA stuff on their hard drives when Morrigan started to fold took all of their stuff and kept it together for future edition of TTA. I would assume that it's moved right along?
That sounds like something Jonathan might be able to work with.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

BlackBat242
Dire Haggis
Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Post by BlackBat242 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:15 am

I'd be willing to try play-testing it if it was in CT format (I don't have any of the other rules, nor am I interested in them).

Get off my lawn, you brats!

:mrgreen:
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode

BPIJonathan
Dinosaur King

Post by BPIJonathan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:24 am

CT is not open and Marc is not licensing it out. The best I can do is for MGT.
Jonathan M. Thompson

Dread Delgath
Storm Giant

Post by Dread Delgath » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:46 am

Mongoose Traveller is pretty close to Classic Traveller, BB. Not exact but pretty d*mn close! I got a free preview of it & some other stuff online somewhere & nearly got sucked into another PBEM (this time NOT me as GM!) but the GM that was going to run it had never run any Traveller before & threw in the towel.

Let me put it this way: if you rolled up a CT character, you could play it in MGT. If you rolled up a MGT character, you could play it in CT. Well, I don't know if you can, but I could! Image (Says the DM/GM notorious for running strange mixes of BECMI/AD&D1 and 2e, and all kinds of Paranoia, CT, SF, MA & GW mixed together in there somewhere, but still has a problem with anything d20/SRD/OGL based....) :oops:
A big THANKS! to Giant Space Hamster & Chimpman for the cookies! (Dark Side be damned!) :D

My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:05 pm

BPIJonathan wrote:CT is not open and Marc is not licensing it out. The best I can do is for MGT.
I like MGT. It has an open version that is to Traveller, what the SRD is to 3rd edition D&D. That means that unlike Classic Traveller, it need never go out of print.

If Mongoose, for some reason, stopped supporting Traveller, it would be easy for BPI to carry on TTA by putting out their own core rulebook.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

BPIJonathan
Dinosaur King

Post by BPIJonathan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Big Mac wrote:If Mongoose, for some reason, stopped supporting Traveller, it would be easy for BPI to carry on TTA by putting out their own core rulebook.
This is true, to a point. There would be a lot of stuff I would have to develop that is not open content.
Jonathan M. Thompson

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:27 pm

BPIJonathan wrote:
Big Mac wrote:If Mongoose, for some reason, stopped supporting Traveller, it would be easy for BPI to carry on TTA by putting out their own core rulebook.
This is true, to a point. There would be a lot of stuff I would have to develop that is not open content.
True, but that has got to be on a similar level to what you would need to create if you took the 3.5 SRD and made a BPI alternative to the PHB.

Return to “Traveller”