Freeport for Savage Worlds?

Classic fantasy, swashbuckling pirates, and Lovecraftian horror. Welcome to the City of Adventure! Hamunaptra, Naranjan and other World of Freeport subsettings can be discussed here.
Nate Christen
Troll

Freeport for Savage Worlds?

Post by Nate Christen » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:36 pm

Does anyone have experience using Savage Worlds for playing in the Freeport setting? Now that Pathfinder 1 is coming to the end of its run and it sounds like Green Ronin is going to reboot the setting for Fantasy Age, I'm feeling torn about switching to Pathfinder 2, D&D 5E or Savage Worlds.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Nate
Author of d20pirates.blogspot.com and talesfromtheedgeoftheempire.blogspot.com

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Freeport for Savage Worlds?

Post by Havard » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:34 pm

Nate Christen wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:36 pm
Does anyone have experience using Savage Worlds for playing in the Freeport setting? Now that Pathfinder 1 is coming to the end of its run and it sounds like Green Ronin is going to reboot the setting for Fantasy Age, I'm feeling torn about switching to Pathfinder 2, D&D 5E or Savage Worlds.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Nate
I haven't but I think it would work very well. My biggest problem when running Savage Worlds in a fantasy setting was that when many of the characters were wearing heavy armor and also had high toughness scores, combat started to drag out. In Freeport, most people probably won't want to wear too heavy armor since it would be impractical if you fall overboard so that probably won't be an issue.

I'm sure some of those other systems would get the job done too, but I think Savage Worlds would make for some great fast paced action in Freeport! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Return to “Freeport”