[3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Arabian Adventures in Zakhara, the Land of Fate.
The Book-House: Find Al-Qadim products.
Post Reply
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 22387
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

[3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Post by Big Mac » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:26 pm

I just skimmed through the Al-Qadim conversion to 3.5 rules on Kynn.com. I've not had a proper look yet, but thought I would pass on the good news for any 3e FR fans who wanted to use Al-Qadim in their game.

The downloads include:
I'm not sure if that covers everything yet, but if anyone has used these rules, I would be glad to have your input.

EDIT: The kynn.com website has been hijacked by cybersquatters. Links replaced with links to the Wayback Machine.

EDIT 2: New upload of Al-Qadim 3.5 by Kynn Bartlett.
Last edited by Big Mac on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
waylander39
Troll
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:09 pm
Gender: male
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: [3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Post by waylander39 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Wow that all looks pretty cool, thanks for posting the links. I'll post some thoughts once I've had a read through.

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 22387
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: [3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:56 pm

The kynn.com website has been hijacked by cybersquatters. Links replaced with links to the Wayback Machine.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
TBeholder
Hill Giant
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:53 pm
Gender: prefer not to say
Location: Chthonic Safety

Re: [3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Post by TBeholder » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Kynn Bartlett (aq35-races.pdf) wrote:Dune elves look down on their brethren in the oases, but their true fury is reserved for their ancient enemies, the orcs.
The end. As far as the subject is Al-Qadim.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." - Michele Carter

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 22387
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: [3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Post by Big Mac » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:17 pm

TBeholder wrote:
Kynn Bartlett (aq35-races.pdf) wrote:Dune elves look down on their brethren in the oases, but their true fury is reserved for their ancient enemies, the orcs.
The end. As far as the subject is Al-Qadim.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. :?

Are you saying that Kynn Bartlett has made a mistake?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
Posts: 8306
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Gender: male
Contact:

Re: [3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:14 pm

The New Wayback Machine is having problems. Please try again later.
Gordon Bennet! Anyone else have the files archived?

User avatar
TBeholder
Hill Giant
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:53 pm
Gender: prefer not to say
Location: Chthonic Safety

Re: [3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Post by TBeholder » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Big Mac wrote:
TBeholder wrote:
Kynn Bartlett (aq35-races.pdf) wrote:Dune elves look down on their brethren in the oases, but their true fury is reserved for their ancient enemies, the orcs.
The end. As far as the subject is Al-Qadim.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. :?
Are you saying that Kynn Bartlett has made a mistake?
I'm saying that one of the very basic properties of this setting gone mysteriously missing (funny, given attention to other details, yes).
Everyone (except Pantheon League - but then, it's one more reason why other folk tend to think they're jerks) see demihuman differences only in terms of natural advantages/disadvantages. I.e. the only reason why goblinoids, ogres and mermen weren't PC races right from the start is because Land of Fate was published a year before The Complete Book of Humanoids.
The Enlightened don't give a dead fish for the squabbles of old elven/orcish gods and whatnot, and Law of the Loregiver doesn't recognize such differences, so the only "big deal" divisions between mortals are Enlightened/barbarians and Pantheon/everyone else. Isn't this one of the main points?
Twin Agate Dragons wrote:
The New Wayback Machine is having problems. Please try again later.
Gordon Bennet! Anyone else have the files archived?
I currently have problems only with "Core Classes" and "Prestige Classes", the rest works.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." - Michele Carter

agathokles
Red Dragon
Posts: 6751
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 pm
Gender: male
Location: Milan, Italy
Contact:

Re: [3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Post by agathokles » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:17 pm

TBeholder wrote:I'm saying that one of the very basic properties of this setting gone mysteriously missing (funny, given attention to other details, yes).
That is correct, it is a major deviation w.r.t. the original material. Racial hatreds are non-existent in Zakhara, except to some extent among unenlightened barbarians. Zakhara is a cosmopolitan setting, where most races are supposed to live together.

GP

Psicokato
Kobold
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:31 pm
Gender: male

Re: [3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Post by Psicokato » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:21 am

Just a question, does anybody saved the "core classes" pdf? It's now damaged or somehow unavaible.
Can anybody help me? :(

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 22387
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: [3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Post by Big Mac » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Psicokato wrote:Just a question, does anybody saved the "core classes" pdf? It's now damaged or somehow unavaible.
Can anybody help me? :(
Hi Psicokato. Welcome to The Piazza!

I just tried the Core Classes link, from the top post again and could read 13 pages out of 13.

This is via the Wayback Machine, so sometimes it is a bit slow. Maybe you tried at a busy time when their servers were not working. Try downloading it again.

Let me know if it works.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
Posts: 4466
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Gender: male
Location: Edmonton, AB
Contact:

Re: [3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Post by Knightfall » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Psicokato wrote:Just a question, does anybody saved the "core classes" pdf? It's now damaged or somehow unavaible.
Can anybody help me? :(
Hi Psicokato. Welcome to The Piazza!

I just tried the Core Classes link, from the top post again and could read 13 pages out of 13.

This is via the Wayback Machine, so sometimes it is a bit slow. Maybe you tried at a busy time when their servers were not working. Try downloading it again.

Let me know if it works.
That one doesn't work for me either. All the others downloaded properly.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 22387
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: [3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
Psicokato wrote:Just a question, does anybody saved the "core classes" pdf? It's now damaged or somehow unavaible.
Can anybody help me? :(
Hi Psicokato. Welcome to The Piazza!

I just tried the Core Classes link, from the top post again and could read 13 pages out of 13.

This is via the Wayback Machine, so sometimes it is a bit slow. Maybe you tried at a busy time when their servers were not working. Try downloading it again.

Let me know if it works.
That one doesn't work for me either. All the others downloaded properly.
Kynn posted this a couple of months back. I forgot to cross-post the link. Sorry. Anyhoo enjoy:
Kynn Bartlett on Facebook wrote:Hey, if anyone is looking for my old AQ3.5 conversions, they can be found here: Al-Qadim 3.5.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
Posts: 4466
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Gender: male
Location: Edmonton, AB
Contact:

Re: [3e] Al-Qadim 3.5 (by Kynn Bartlett)

Post by Knightfall » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:33 am

Big Mac wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
Psicokato wrote:Just a question, does anybody saved the "core classes" pdf? It's now damaged or somehow unavaible.
Can anybody help me? :(
Hi Psicokato. Welcome to The Piazza!

I just tried the Core Classes link, from the top post again and could read 13 pages out of 13.

This is via the Wayback Machine, so sometimes it is a bit slow. Maybe you tried at a busy time when their servers were not working. Try downloading it again.

Let me know if it works.
That one doesn't work for me either. All the others downloaded properly.
Kynn posted this a couple of months back. I forgot to cross-post the link. Sorry. Anyhoo enjoy:
Kynn Bartlett on Facebook wrote:Hey, if anyone is looking for my old AQ3.5 conversions, they can be found here: Al-Qadim 3.5.
Thanks! :cool:
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Post Reply

Return to “Al-Qadim”