Anyone got I9 Day of Al'Akbar?

Arabian Adventures in Zakhara, the Land of Fate.
The Book-House: Find Al-Qadim products.

Anyone got I9 Day of Al'Akbar?

Postby Big Mac » Wed May 06, 2015 8:25 pm

I9 Day of Al'Akbar is an Arabian adventure for 1st Edition AD&D. I'm wondering how much of the book would be useful to anyone running an Al-Qadim game.

Has anyone got this? If so:
  • Is it any good?
  • How well does it fit into Zakhara?
  • Is there anything that needs to be changed (is it set in Greyhawk, for example)?
  • Are there any interesting bits of equipment, magic items or other treasure in the book?
  • Are there any interesting locations that can be relocated into Zakhara?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Anyone got I9 Day of Al'Akbar?

Postby ghendar » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:09 pm

It's one of the few AD&D modules that I don't own. I found this thread on Dragonsfoot
http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... =1&t=19866

Google search it. I didn't dig around in depth but there seems to be some online info about it
Carpe Diem = Seize the day. Carp In Denim = Fish in pants.
Carpe DM. A phrase I don't want to hear, unless it's being uttered by an attractive female gamer.
ghendar
Hill Giant

Postby ghendar » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:01 pm

Found this thread too. has some good suggestions about party levels for this module
http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... =1&t=38077
Carpe Diem = Seize the day. Carp In Denim = Fish in pants.
Carpe DM. A phrase I don't want to hear, unless it's being uttered by an attractive female gamer.
ghendar
Hill Giant

Postby Big Mac » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:39 am

ghendar wrote:It's one of the few AD&D modules that I don't own. I found this thread on Dragonsfoot
http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... =1&t=19866

Google search it. I didn't dig around in depth but there seems to be some online info about it

Thanks. I think the vibe I get from that topic is that this is not necessarily the best adventure ever written but the city map (is it Khaibar) is worth having.

ghendar wrote:Found this thread too. has some good suggestions about party levels for this module
http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... =1&t=38077

I see some concern about a possible TPK situation there. :)

I guess that the fact that there is an article on Canonfire! called Refitting I9 Day of Al-Akbar for Greyhawk means that the GH links are not as strong as they could be. Perhaps Braggi's advice (for making the GH links stronger) could be reverse-engineered, to cut ties with recognisable Greyhawk elements and swap them out for Al-Qadim elements.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby thorr-kan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:22 pm

Don't own it. Played through it once in college for a pickup game. I was the kender cleric healer. I had a blast upon discovering the delayed blast fireball grenades. Those and a hoopak made for a good time!
thorr-kan
Bugbear

Return to Al-Qadim