DM's Guild also opens Al-Qadim to fan content!

Arabian Adventures in Zakhara, the Land of Fate.
The Book-House: Find Al-Qadim products.

DM's Guild also opens Al-Qadim to fan content!

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:49 am

Wizards of the Coast just opened up Dungeons & Dragons...and Forgotten Realms! You can now publish your own Forgotten Realms content on Dungeon Masters Guild and get paid for it.

This reply got posted in the topic there by AuldDragon:
AuldDragon wrote:For those wondering, they've verified on their Reddit AMA that Kara-Tur, Maztica, and Al-Qadim can all be used under the "Forgotten Realms" umbrella.


Would Al-Qadim fans support the Al-Qadim Campaign Setting getting added into the Dungeon Masters Guild program?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 20556
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: DM's Guild also opens Al-Qadim to fan content!

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:33 am

Wolfgang Baur and CA Suleiman said some interesting stuff about this over at the Al-Qadim group on Facebook:
Wolfgang Baur wrote:I am debating a pirate tale. But I have a monster manual to finish first!


CA Suleiman wrote:I'm thinking maybe you and I should have a chat?


It would be amazing if ex-WotC and ex-TSR designers used DMs Guild to publish some stuff for Dungeons & Dragons campaign settings they used to work on. :cool:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 20556
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: DM's Guild also opens Al-Qadim to fan content!

Postby Havard » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:29 pm

Big Mac wrote:Wolfgang Baur and CA Suleiman said some interesting stuff about this over at the Al-Qadim group on Facebook:
Wolfgang Baur wrote:I am debating a pirate tale. But I have a monster manual to finish first!


CA Suleiman wrote:I'm thinking maybe you and I should have a chat?


It would be amazing if ex-WotC and ex-TSR designers used DMs Guild to publish some stuff for Dungeons & Dragons campaign settings they used to work on. :cool:


That is great news! I would love to see pretty much anything from those two gentlemen.

But also it would be really cool to see any support for Al-Qadim. I am less interested in the standard Forgotten Realms, but I have always had a soft spot for Al-Qadim. In addition there is the possibility of adapting such material to Mystara and other settings of course :)

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
User avatar
Havard
Dragon Turtle
 
Posts: 16467
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm
Location: Norway

Re: DM's Guild also opens Al-Qadim to fan content!

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:11 pm

Havard wrote:In addition there is the possibility of adapting such material to Mystara and other settings of course :)


Is there a specific area of Mystara that works well with the Arabian Adventures part of Al-Qadim?

Is there an Arabian-like area on any other D&D campaign settings, that could also have fans that would buy into DMs Guild content for Al-Qadim?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 20556
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: DM's Guild also opens Al-Qadim to fan content!

Postby Havard » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:18 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Havard wrote:In addition there is the possibility of adapting such material to Mystara and other settings of course :)


Is there a specific area of Mystara that works well with the Arabian Adventures part of Al-Qadim?



Funny you should mention that. I have just started a thread about this here. :)

Is there an Arabian-like area on any other D&D campaign settings, that could also have fans that would buy into DMs Guild content for Al-Qadim?


Interesting question. I think others are probably better suited to answer that than me, bur there is always the Arabic World of Fantasy Earth as detailed in the TSR Historical Reference Series, Avalanche Press' D20 Modules etc. Also there is the Legend of the Burning Sands area of Rokugan. I am sure many other settings have their respective Arabian Adventures style regions as well.

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
User avatar
Havard
Dragon Turtle
 
Posts: 16467
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm
Location: Norway

Re: DM's Guild also opens Al-Qadim to fan content!

Postby agathokles » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:44 pm

I have a short article on this topic on the Vaults:
http://www.pandius.com/ylaricam.html

GP
agathokles
Blue Dragon
 
Posts: 6168
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Re: DM's Guild also opens Al-Qadim to fan content!

Postby Tim Baker » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:44 pm

Havard wrote:That is great news! I would love to see pretty much anything from those two gentlemen.

But also it would be really cool to see any support for Al-Qadim. I am less interested in the standard Forgotten Realms, but I have always had a soft spot for Al-Qadim.

Absolutely! I was so excited by this possibility that I created a Piazza account simply to add my encouragement.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
User avatar
Tim Baker
Axe Beak
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:51 am
Location: United States

Re: DM's Guild also opens Al-Qadim to fan content!

Postby Big Mac » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:38 am

Tim Baker wrote:
Havard wrote:That is great news! I would love to see pretty much anything from those two gentlemen.

But also it would be really cool to see any support for Al-Qadim. I am less interested in the standard Forgotten Realms, but I have always had a soft spot for Al-Qadim.

Absolutely! I was so excited by this possibility that I created a Piazza account simply to add my encouragement.


Thanks for coming over to The Piazza, Tim. It's really great to see more Al-Qadim fans coming onboard the flying carpet. :)

You might want to pop over to Ashtagon's Introduce yourself here topic (in The Philosopher's Stone forum) to say hi to the community at large and say a bit about yourself and the things you like (including AQ).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 20556
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: DM's Guild also opens Al-Qadim to fan content!

Postby Tim Baker » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:07 am

Big Mac wrote:You might want to pop over to Ashtagon's Introduce yourself here topic (in The Philosopher's Stone forum) to say hi to the community at large and say a bit about yourself and the things you like (including AQ).


Great suggestion. I wasn't aware of that thread. I've written a short introduction: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=10588&p=171217#p171217
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
User avatar
Tim Baker
Axe Beak
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:51 am
Location: United States


Return to Al-Qadim

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest