Incorporating Land of Fire materials into your Al-Qadim game

Arabian Adventures in Zakhara, the Land of Fate.
The Book-House: Find Al-Qadim products.

Incorporating Land of Fire materials into your Al-Qadim game

Postby Tim Baker » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:27 am

Has anyone incorporated Land of Fire materials, from Triple Ace Games (TAG), into their Al-Qadim games? I enjoy TAG's Hellfrost setting, but haven't had the opportunity to look into their Land of Fire books.

In case this is of interest, I saw today that all Land of Fire materials are available from the Bundle of Holding.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Incorporating Land of Fire materials into your Al-Qadim

Postby Tim Baker » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:12 am

It looks like a thread on the same topic received better traction over here.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Big Mac » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:31 pm

Tim Baker wrote:It looks like a thread on the same topic received better traction over here.

Well that was just a "news" topic, about the Bundle of Holding thing coming out, but I'd be interested in hearing how easy it is for people to raid things from the Land of Fire products.

(I actually posted a Anyone got Hellfrost: Land of Fire? topic, back in April 2015, but didn't get a response. :( At least you got a reply...even if it was from yourself! :P )

Do you have many of the Land of Fire products? Are the two settings very similar?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Tim Baker » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:07 am

Big Mac wrote:Do you have many of the Land of Fire products? Are the two settings very similar?

I have all of the Land of Fire products. I finally got around to reading Land of Fire and its Novice Rank (i.e., low-level) adventures over the holiday weekend. The themes are similar to those of Al-Qadim. Jinn feature prominently, gifts are exchanged when hospitality is offered, and the line between the divine and the arcane are blurred. The adventures run the gamut from Sinbad to flying carpet races to survival in the merciless desert to facing fearsome ghûls.

Aside from the different locations and NPCs, Land of Fire features different races, excluding dwarves, elves, and haflings, and instead including sand goblins, hyena men, and jackal men. Fate isn't given the same emphasis as it is in Al-Qadim, either. I didn't find mention of some of the Al-Qadim kits, such as the barber.

The settings are different enough that you'd need to make some adjustments to run adventures meant for one in the other, but they're similar enough that Land of Fire provides some additional content that could be ported into Al-Qadim without much fuss.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Return to Al-Qadim