New to Pelinore

"The World of Pelinore is flat - everyone knows that…"

New to Pelinore

Postby GMWestermeyer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:23 pm

I'm new to Pelinore, since I didn't get Imagine magazine back in the day.

I recently got ahold of some issues and I am damn impressed. What I most love is the artistic style of the building floorplans, it must be the same guy who did the wonderful maps in the original WHFRP book?

I love those, an knowing the connection to the UK TSR team, and U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh> I've only glanced at it, but I think 'Darkmoor' the town in the April 1985 issue of Imagine might be the 'Saltmarsh' I have been looking for for my own campaign! :)
GMWestermeyer
Hill Giant

Re: New to Pelinore

Postby GMWestermeyer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:06 am

Looking Darkmoor over, it's good but night quite a perfect Saltmarsh fit. :) Anyone know if Borth was ever detailed?

Darkmoor was published in Imagine #25 in April 1985, U1 was published in 1981. Unfortunately, it doesn't say who authored the article. The module was Dave Brown and Don Turnbull.
GMWestermeyer
Hill Giant

Postby Morfie » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:30 am

I clicked onto this from a link in Facebook expecting to see a better pic of the Floorplans :(
Morfie
Metamorph

Postby GMWestermeyer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:36 pm

Morfie wrote:I clicked onto this from a link in Facebook expecting to see a better pic of the Floorplans :(

Me too... especially since floor plans on the FB link is the coaching inn from the first edition of Warhammer Fantasy Role Play, not from Pelinore, though the Pelinore floor plans from Imagine were clearly drawn by the same artist. :)
GMWestermeyer
Hill Giant

Postby Big Mac » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:26 pm

GMWestermeyer wrote:I'm new to Pelinore, since I didn't get Imagine magazine back in the day.

I recently got ahold of some issues and I am damn impressed. What I most love is the artistic style of the building floorplans, it must be the same guy who did the wonderful maps in the original WHFRP book?

I love those, an knowing the connection to the UK TSR team, and U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh> I've only glanced at it, but I think 'Darkmoor' the town in the April 1985 issue of Imagine might be the 'Saltmarsh' I have been looking for for my own campaign! :)

There is actually a topic about the cartography of Geoff Wingate.

GMWestermeyer wrote:
Morfie wrote:I clicked onto this from a link in Facebook expecting to see a better pic of the Floorplans :(

Me too... especially since floor plans on the FB link is the coaching inn from the first edition of Warhammer Fantasy Role Play, not from Pelinore, though the Pelinore floor plans from Imagine were clearly drawn by the same artist. :)

You mean the floor plan from the LE SAVIEZ VOUS ? / PELINORE AUX ORIGINES ? article?

I have no idea how that got there. :halo:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:25 am

I posted the following on Facebook:

Those are the credits from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay First Edition. So it doesn't look like they were using the same map makers/illustrators, but since there was such a great overlap between TSR UK and the Warhammer FRP crew, perhaps there is a connection there all the same?

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:30 am

I guess the first thing you need to know about Pelinore, is that you only need one l to spell it correctly. :P
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby GMWestermeyer » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:55 am

Angel Tarragon wrote:I guess the first thing you need to know about Pelinore, is that you only need one l to spell it correctly. :P

Oh no, I misspelled the name a 30 year old fictional world. :shock:
GMWestermeyer
Hill Giant

Return to Pelinore