Aurianne: A continent left for fans to populate

"The World of Pelinore is flat - everyone knows that…"
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Aurianne: A continent left for fans to populate

Post by Big Mac » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:20 am

I was asking about how many countries there were in Pelinore, and the following came up about a continent called Aurianne:

First PelinoreRevieved posted this:
PelinoreRevived wrote:Thanks for asking, Big Mac.

The world map is hardly blessed with detail and most of it remains blank. As you rightly mention, most of the material describes a small part of the world - the County of Cerwyn and the City League. However, the Imagine Magazine Special Edition and then GMPubs went on to add more detail:

<snip>
  • Aurianne - a continent that was supposed left for the readers to populate.
I then asked this:
Big Mac wrote:Have you ever seen anyone in the Pelinore fan community who has done any work on Aurianne?

I see someone called d6todamage, over at Front Page Warlock, who wrote a blog entry Blackmarsh for Warlock where he was talking about using Blackmarsh as the basis of Aurianne. Do you think that might be a good fit?

Do you think it would be worth trying to run a "Aurianne Project" at The Piazza, to see if you could get people here to collaborate on some ideas for countries that could be put together to build a map of Aurianne?
And PelinoreRevived gave this reply:
PelinoreRevived wrote:I've not seen much else in the way of fan material for Aurianne.A collaboration project might be a good way to go. Food for thought.
So, what I am wondering now is: would anyone out there be interested in building homebrew content for an Aurianne Project?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Aurianne: A continent left for fans to populate

Post by Havard » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:49 am

Could this be a good place to locate the Zhalindor Campaign? It was also written by Pelinore's Paul Cockburn and friends.

Alternately, would it be a good idea to pull from Warhammer FRP sources, since WHFRP apparently was Pelinore II?

An Aurianne project on The Piazza could be alot of fun. I like how the Dragonlance Adlatum fan project was able to create a new continent for that setting which at least to me felt like Dragonlance while at the same time being something new. I would like to see something similar done with Aurianne in that respect

One thing that always appealed to be about Pelinore was its connection to BECMI D&D and possibly some of the monsters that later appeared (in revised form) in the AC9 Creature Catalog.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Aurianne: A continent left for fans to populate

Post by Big Mac » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:49 pm

Havard wrote:Could this be a good place to locate the Zhalindor Campaign? It was also written by Pelinore's Paul Cockburn and friends.

Alternately, would it be a good idea to pull from Warhammer FRP sources, since WHFRP apparently was Pelinore II?
Maybe the early Warhammer stuff would be more like Pelinore than the later stuff. I'm guessing that Warhammer would have become more and more it's own thing (and less and less like Pelinore) as time went on.
Havard wrote:An Aurianne project on The Piazza could be alot of fun. I like how the Dragonlance Adlatum fan project was able to create a new continent for that setting which at least to me felt like Dragonlance while at the same time being something new. I would like to see something similar done with Aurianne in that respect
I think the Adlatum project worked so well because there were a number of Pelinore experts working together on it.
Havard wrote:One thing that always appealed to be about Pelinore was its connection to BECMI D&D and possibly some of the monsters that later appeared (in revised form) in the AC9 Creature Catalog.
I think that some parts of Forgotten Realms were based on areas developed by TSR UK.

So if raiding ideas that later got put into BECMI products (and perhaps eventually folded into Mystara) works, then perhaps the same could be done with those areas folded into Forgotten Realms.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Pelinore”