Registration at PelinoreRevived

"The World of Pelinore is flat - everyone knows that…"
PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

Registration at PelinoreRevived

Post by PelinoreRevived »

Hi All,

I received an e-mail yesterday saying that Hotmail's Smartscreen Filters is treating the registration confirmation e-mails from PelinoreRevived as suspicious. I don't know why it's doing that, but I suspect that it's something to do with the PhP. I've tried changing the mail function to SMTP and have set up a new e-mail account for the site (pelinorerevived@gmail.com). We'll see if that solves the problem.

You should know that registration only unlocks the comments function on the articles. There are no hidden articles etc... so it is not necessary to register in order to enjoy the site.

Thanks,

KnK

Admin edit:
Go Here For the Files!

-Dragon Turtle
PelinoreRevived, the artist formerly known as KneverwinterKnight

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

pelinore.org status

I am doing some work now on the structure and content of PelinoreRevived! :ugeek:

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience :roll:

Admin edit:
Go Here For the Files!

-Dragon Turtle

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: PelinoreRevived! Maintenance

Post by Havard »

Apology accepted Captain Needa.... :twisted:

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Post by Princess Strega »

:o D'oh!

But no inconvenience on my end. :cool:

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

I'm looking forward to the new content. :-)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

Yeah. So am I! LOL

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

pelinore.org status

... but only temporarily, for maintenance. Just thought you might want to know.

Admin edit:
Go Here For the Files!

-Dragon Turtle

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: pelinore.org is going offline...

Post by Havard »

Oh,
I was worried there for a second. Thanks for the heads up! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Have you got estimated times for the downtime?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

I'm planning to restructure the menus and rewrite the majority of the articles on the site. I'm currently in the process of adding a cyclopedia of all the canon adventures, locations and NPCs (including all of the adventures published but not written for Pelinore, but can be retconned/tailored to fit in). Obviously, this cyclopedia must be a summary, otherwise I might fall foul of copyright laws (however unlikely that might seem, but somebody might decide to take action).

I guess that I didn't have to take the site down while I'm in this process, but I figured it might increase anticipation of the grand relaunch.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

I would if I knew how long it was going to take :P Maybe I should set myself a deadline :o

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

kneverwinterknight wrote:I'm currently in the process of adding a cyclopedia of all the canon adventures, locations and NPCs (including all of the adventures published but not written for Pelinore, but can be retconned/tailored to fit in). Obviously, this cyclopedia must be a summary, otherwise I might fall foul of copyright laws (however unlikely that might seem, but somebody might decide to take action).
A Pelinore Wiki (or similar encyclopedia) would be awesome. (I was just writing about the importance of canon encyclopaedias the other day.) I do hope you are including magazine name and page citations (or article name citations) as that will improve its research value (as well as hopefully making your website qualify as a secondary source for Pelinore related content).

Have you seen the D&D cartoon encyclopaedia for setting called The Realm? They have built a wiki-like environment with a blog engine.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

kneverwinterknight wrote:I would if I knew how long it was going to take :P Maybe I should set myself a deadline :o
Don't worry. The "standard proceedure" is to put "Coming soon!" then have a countdown that leads up to your website getting hit by a ton-o-traffic and going down for four days! :P

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

Wikis mystify and frighten me.

I'm going to be using Issue references, so at least there's some good news :P

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

Big Mac wrote:Don't worry. The "standard proceedure" is to put "Coming soon!" then have a countdown that leads up to your website getting hit by a ton-o-traffic and going down for four days! :P
I'm researching a countdown plugin for joomla now. I look forward to the ton-o-traffic. That would just be hilarious, given that (when I usually look) the site only has one or two visitors at a time. Mind you, saying that, I did note that there was upwards of a 170 visitors on one occasion, I nearly fell off my chair.

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

Big Mac, I just read your article on wikis. Interesting, hmmm.....

.... watch this space.

p.s. countdown is now set up.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

I just saw this at PelinoreRevived:
PelinoreRevived homepage wrote:We regret that the relaunch of pelinorerevived! has been postponed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Looks like they actually did do the 4DVENTURE thing. :oops:

I wonder how long this has been postponed for. :?

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

I guess I picked a bad time to attempt the upgrade. I started a new job back in the beginning of March, one that involves a lot more travel than I had anticipated. Working on the update has been slow, but I'm getting there.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Congratulations on the new job. I hope the travel you mentioned allows you to gain access to a few RPG stores that might have hidden gems in them.

Good luck with the update.

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

Congratulations on the new job. I hope the travel you mentioned allows you to gain access to a few RPG stores that might have hidden gems in them.
Thanks. Indeed, the travel has allowed me the opportunity to visit the Orc's Nest in London and Static Games in Glasgow. No hidden gems revealed themselves to me, though. I must have failed my spot item roll.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

kneverwinterknight wrote:
Thanks. Indeed, the travel has allowed me the opportunity to visit the Orc's Nest in London and Static Games in Glasgow. No hidden gems revealed themselves to me, though. I must have failed my spot item roll.
I spoke to the three big independent RPG stores in London (Orc's Nest, Playin' Games* and Leisure Games) about selling second hand games, and none of the thought they could do it. (However, after I spoke to Leisure Games, they got hold of a crate of 2e D&D books and gave them away on Free RPG Day. So while they thought that second hand books were not economically viable, they did do something to help old school fans. :cool: ) Orc's Nest is tiny, so I don't think they would have the space. I've not spoken to the staff at Forbidden Planet, but they pretty much only have new stuff. Even the 3e stuff is going from there.

* = Playin Games shut down last year or the year before.

I have to buy most of my 2e stuff online. I don't think I've ever seen any of the Pelinore stuff on sale.

If you like miniatures, there is a shop called Dark Sphere close to Waterloo Station.

If you ever come back through London, let me know and I'll try to meet up with you for a drink. Or we could go on a conga around Orc's Nest, Forbidden Planet and Leisure Games. ;)

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

I haven't worked on Pelinore for so long, but she is calling me back from the void ...

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

Big Mac wrote: If you ever come back through London, let me know and I'll try to meet up with you for a drink. Or we could go on a conga around Orc's Nest, Forbidden Planet and Leisure Games. ;)
I'm definitely up for that. I just need to find an excuse now for the company to send me back to London.

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

pelinore.org is back online

Okay, so it's not the grand relaunch that I anticipated, but I just got so sick and tired of looking at that expired countdown.

Recently published -
  • Pelinore - the view of the world as given 130 years ago by Alstaran d'Obolio, then Chief Rotemaster of the School of Pelinorean Studies of the Order of Heralds
    The Forging of the Duchy - an announcement made by Benvecula Scritos, Rotemaster of the Order of Heralds (before he was persecuted away from his position at the Court of Duke Flavus the Usurper). Includes meta-commentary by PelinoreRevived! (i.e. me).
Coming soon to http://www.pelinore.org -
  • The Domains - a history of the petty realms that collectively make up the region known as "The Domains"
    Religions of the Domains - The Old Gods A history of the old gods of the Domains, including guidelines for playing their clerics in Darker Dungeons
    The Order of Heralds - a potted history of the oldest organisation on Pelinore, including a new NPC character class for Darker Dungeons

Return to “Pelinore”