[Pelinore.org] About The Canon Material

"The World of Pelinore is flat - everyone knows that…"
Havard
Dragon Turtle

[Pelinore.org] About The Canon Material

Post by Havard » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:05 am

Canon Material
Pelinore.org wrote:No fan material based on Pelinore would be complete without being solidly founded in the material that has come before. Indeed, our founder and administrator, Kneverwinterknight sunk many hours of an evening, accompanied by a chorus of cries of attention from his children and the incessant tutting of his wife, to produce maps in Campaign Cartographer 3 of Cerwyn and the Domains. When he revealed these to the gaming public, almost one year ago to this day, he was greeted with complaints that it would be nice to see the original material so that you, the gaming public, can draw your own conclusions about this slightly obscure game world. However, it wouldn't be legal for us to reproduce the pages of Imagine or GMPubs on this website, so in this section you will find a listing of the publications with Pelinore content and a review of the articles to be found therein.

The original publications can still be found if you know where to look. Kneverwinterknight recently bought GM1 to GM5 for the princely sum of 70 of your British Pounds. Luckily, the conversion rate to the Danish Krone was quite favourable at the time. Didn't stop his wife calling him a lunatic, though.

But, before you spend time and money hunting these down (as we did, may our wives someday forget it), peruse the articles in this section to find out: what exactly is all the fuss about? This is a public service brought to you by PELINOREREVIVED!

Piazza Links -Havard
Last edited by Havard on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

Re: [Pelinore.org] About The Canon Material

Post by PelinoreRevived » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:11 am

I found this in my notes...

Index of Canon (and potential Canon) Articles and Adventures

Pelinore in Imagine Magazine

Imagine 1
The Beacon at Enon-Tor: a Basic D&D adventure set in Borth in the County of Cerwyn.

Imagine 2
For the Honour of the Tribe: a barbarian themed AD&D adventure with no specific location, but which could be placed in the Steppe Lands to the south east of the County of Cerwyn.

Imagine 3
A Box for the Margrave: an AD&D adventure with no specific location, but which could be placed in any lands neighbouring the Domains or in the Kingdom of Dontaldur.

Imagine 5
The Taking of Siandabhair: a Celtic themed AD&D adventure with no specific location, but which could be placed in a lakeside or coastal location in the Steppe Lands.

Imagine 6
Jack of All Trades: an AD&D adventure set near Roseberry in the south of the County of Cerwyn.

Imagine 7
Beauty is but Skin Deep: a DRAGONQUEST adventure with no specific location, but which can be placed in the City League.

Imagine 8
The Guardian of the Key to Time: an AD&D adventure starting in the woods between Roseberry and Osport in the County of Cerwyn.

Imagine 9
Lyndum: an AD&D adventure that takes place in a village called Lyndum which, while not specifically located in Pelinore, could be placed in the County of Cerwyn.

Imagine 10
Thunder Crag: an AD&D adventure set in the Barony of Ironfist in the Kingdom of Dontaldur.

Imagine 11
Black Roses: an AD&D adventure set in the village of Braeme which, while not specifically placed in Pelinore, could be placed near the southern frontier of the County of Cerwyn.

Imagine 12
The Tomb of Kings: this solo adventure, for Basic D&D or Tunnels and Trolls, makes reference to the fallen Empire of Almete. With some adaptation, it could be a source of material for an adventure anywhere in the Domains.
The Mound in the Ring: an AD&D brief encounter with no specific location, but which could be placed in any sparsely populated location in the Domains (featuring the Canopic Shade, a new undead monster).

Imagine 13
Solstice at Castle Falkens: an AD&D adventure with no specific location that could be adapted to the Pelinore setting.

Imagine 15
The Marsh Idol: an AD&D brief encounter with no specific location that could be adapted to the Pelinore setting.
Round the Bend: an AD&D adventure with no specific location, but which could be placed anywhere in the Domains.

Imagine 16
Introducing Pelinore: the first article that specifically mentions Pelinore. It includes an introduction to the City League and the Order of Heralds.
Sethotep: a D&D / AD&D / Dragonquest adventure in a quasi-Egyptian setting.

Imagine 17
The Freeman: a non-player character class for Basic and Advanced D&D.
Westmeet Square: locations for a home-base in the City League; featuring the Peddlars, the Traveller’s Shrine, the Ford Inn, the Black Pig, the Apothecary, the Weapon Designers’ Workshop and the Armourers.
Tir-nan-og: an AD&D adventure in a strange island setting, ideal for the Splintered Lands (new monsters: Aughisky, Birch Tree Spirit, Faerie).

Imagine 18
The Wynd: more locations in the City League, featuring the Magic-User School, the Mill and the Black Bird alehouse.

Imagine 19
Law and Order: an article describing the justice system of the City League.
The North Docklands District Courthouse: a location in the City League.
Sinvel’s Peril: a Companion D&D adventure that can be placed in any part of Pelinore outside the Domains.

Imagine 20
Pablo Fanquay’s Fair: a travelling circus in the City League.
Work or Play: an article about making a living in the performing arts on the streets of the City League.
Cock ‘o the Walk: a City League tavern.
The Necklace of Lilith: an AD&D adventure set in Heruvor, which is “some considerable distance SW of the City League, beyond the County of Bereduth...”

Imagine 21
The Arena: a massive stadium in the City League and rules for a chariot racing game.
For Whom the Bell Jingles: a light/hearted yet sinister yuletide AD&D adventure.

Imagine 22
Gibbet Street: locations for a slum in the City League.
Guilds in the City League: an article describing the organisation of the City League’s numerous trade guilds.
Monster Money: a new adventure format for the Pelinore Campaign world.
Earl Aubec and the Iron Galleon: an AD&D adventure set in Michael Moorcock’s Young Kingdoms, but which could be adapted to suit Pelinore.

Imagine 23
The Big Wide World: an article providing a broader view of the Pelinore Campaign World.
The Basilisks: a City League street gang.
The Curse of Arivale: an AD&D brief encounter set in the County of Cerwyn.
The Shedu’s Hall: an AD&D adventure set in the Cirbell Pass to the east of the City League.

Imagine 24
The Old Bastion: a tavern and thieves’ safe house location in the City League.
Structure of Thieves’ Guilds: an article describing the organisation of the thieves’ guilds of Pelinore.
Guilty if Caught: an AD&D adventure with three missions for thieves that can be used in any campaign world, including Pelinore.

Imagine 25
The Cornucopia: a gambling den location in the City League.
Gazetteer of the County of Cerwyn: an article with details of the County of Cerwyn.
Darkmoor: a coastal town in north east Cerwyn.

Imagine 26
The Gods of Pelinore: an article that, despite the title, specifically deals with the gods and priesthoods of the Domains.
Tellhalter: a fortress town just outside the County of Cerwyn.

Imagine 27
Burghalter: a fortress town in south east Cerwyn.
One Fine Day in the Middle of the Night: an AD&D adventure set in the City League.

Imagine 28
The Gods of the Domains: an article describing the history of the Gods of the Domains.
Carraway Keep and the White Order: an article describing an order of wizards in the City League.

Imagine 29
Monument Square: more locations in the City League.

Imagine 30
The Asylum and the Waxworks: more locations in the City League.
The Deathcart: an encounter idea set in the City League or the County of Cerwyn.

Imagine Special Edition
In this edition, six adventures that were previously published in Imagine are collected and more information is given about the Domains that surround the City League and the County of Cerwyn.

Pelinore in Game Master Publications

GM1 A Flight of Eagles
Masterion - the perennial enemy: an NPC designed to plague and thwart the PCs throughout their careers.
It’s a Living: an article describing the economics of life in the City League, Cerwyn and the Domains.
The Ranger Battalion: the rangers of Fastrock in the Sarpath Mountains to the south east of Cerwyn.
A Flight of Eagles: an AD&D adventure taking place in the Sarpath Mountains far to the south east of Cerwyn.
The Hivebrood: an Expert D&D adventure that is quite easily placed in the Steppe Lands (featuring a new monster: the Hivebrood).

GM2 Find the Lady
Find the Lady: a Basic D&D / AD&D adventure which starts in the City League and continues to the Kahgaz Mountains, west of Cerwyn.
After Dark in the City League: an article describing the night life in the City League.
The Order of Blue Light: an almost heretical priesthood of Saith the Protector - vengeance-giver of Law.
It’s a Living: a continuation of the article in GM1 about the economics of life in the City League, Cerwyn and the Domains.
Dune rigger: an Expert D&D brief encounter taking place in a desert location (featuring two new monsters: the Dust mite and the Sand child).

GM3 In Search of New Gods
Tirhalter: a fortress town in the west of the County of Cerwyn.
In Search of New Gods: an Expert D&D / AD&D adventure taking place in the City League, the County of Cerwyn and the Theocratic Principalities.
The Moment of Truth: an AD&D brief encounter that can take place anywhere in Pelinore (with four new monsters: the Karrak, the Malkuth, the Vretch and the Golrath).

GM4 The Awakening
Race Relations: this article about working out background mythologies for the demi-human races uses the dwarves of Pelinore as an example.
The Old Wharf: a riverside City League location featuring the Academy of the Inner Circle (an adventurers’ training school), the One Legged Sailor (a tavern), Heebly’s Junk Shop, and the home of Aggor the gravedigger.
Red Swords: an AD&D Oriental Adventures brief encounter that could be working into Pelinore in one of its many undefined continents (featuring a new monster: the Terracotta Guardian).

GM5 Rod of Seraillian
Questions and Answers: an article about sources of information in the City League (including rules for sages in Expert D&D).
The Midnight Monastery: the only known temple to Urrumaa in all the Domains, including details of the Hermetic Order of the Silver Sunset.
The Capitol: the largest library in the Domains, located in the City League.
Rod of Seraillian: an Expert D&D / AD&D adventure set in the Barony of Poritas (with two new cults: Seraillian, the rainbow god, and Mandrazaal, god of nihilism).
PelinoreRevived, the artist formerly known as KneverwinterKnight

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:53 pm

Great expansion to this article PelinoreRevived! Thank you for sharing it.

I will upload a separate Imagine Page later on.

I like your suggestions for adaptation of the early issues of Imagine to Pelinore. It just makes sense to use that material to expand the setting :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:14 pm

PelinoreRevived wrote:I found this in my notes...

Index of Canon (and potential Canon) Articles and Adventures
Thanks! That's great!
PelinoreRevived wrote:Imagine 12
The Tomb of Kings: this solo adventure, for Basic D&D or Tunnels and Trolls, makes reference to the fallen Empire of Almete. With some adaptation, it could be a source of material for an adventure anywhere in the Domains.
I'm still reading this list of articles, but I've decided to cast the new topic spell on the Empire of Almete, because people keep mentioning it, but not talking about it properly.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Pelinore”