[Pelinore.org] The Province Palatinate of Kosre

"The World of Pelinore is flat - everyone knows that…"
Havard
Dragon Turtle

[Pelinore.org] The Province Palatinate of Kosre

Post by Havard »

The Province Palatinate of Kosre
Pelinore.org wrote: Possibly the greatest human achievement was the seafaring Empire Almete which lasted for thousands of years and, at its height, reached across continents. Nothing much remains of Almete now. Having collapsed roughly 1500 years ago under the weight of its own greed and decadence, there is little remaining physical evidence of its existence except for the occasional ruin or burial site; although there are many sages and scholars of history with access to the necessary records who can attest to its former glory. However, there is one last surviving remnant of that once vast and mighty empire: the Province Palatinate of Kosre, the Eastern most of the group of realms that are collectively known as ‘the Domains’.

The city and naval base of Ynys Kosre, capital of the Province Palatinate, was placed under the command of Admiral Sceris Huldoa in the final years of the Empire. Following the Empire’s collapse and the establishment of the Province Palatinate as an independent nation, the title of Port Admiral of the Kosre Fleet became hereditary within the Huldoa family and they claimed to represent the true heirs of Almete’s former greatness. The naval power of Kosre is diminished, however, due to the rise of the other Domains that owe little or nothing to the Imperial legacy, save for the Barony of Kalos which was a former sub-fief and is now a constant insult to the pride of the House of Huldoa.

The centuries following the collapse of the Empire Almete have seen the naval docks at Ynys Kosre fall into disrepair, although the facilities are still the largest in the region outside of the City League, and the ‘Almetian Fleet’ has become little more than a group of state pirates that prey upon shipping in or near the Lygol Straits. For this reason, Kosre does not enjoy good relations with any of its neighbours meaning that Kosrean merchants, travellers and even coinage are treated with contempt in most places (except for the City League, where the colour of a man’s money counts for nothing and Kosrean coins are exchanged for full value, it would take a skilled negotiator to get more than half of the true value of his coins). Furthermore, there is an intense rivalry between the current Port Admiral and the Duke of Lygol, both of whom have laid a claim to the newly title of Baron of Kalos.
Related Links -Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Return to “Pelinore”