Pelinore Product List

"The World of Pelinore is flat - everyone knows that…"
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Pelinore Product List

Post by Havard » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Hello,
I am trying to compile a list of the Imagine Magazine articles with information on Pelinore. These are what I have so far:

Imagine Magazine (TSR UK)
  • Imagine #1: The Beacon at Enon-Tor. (This adventure was later placed in Pelinore).
  • Imagine #16: First mention of Pelinore(?) (Fan Review)
  • Imagine #17 (Fan Review)
  • Imagine #18 (Fan Review)
  • Imagine #19: City League: Law & Order, the North Docklands (Fan Review)
  • Imagine #20 (Fan Review)
  • Imagine #21: City League (Fan Review)
  • Imagine #25: Gazetter of Cerwyn, Darkmoor
  • Imagine #26: Gods of Pelinore
  • Imagine #27: Gazetteer of Cerwyn: Town of Burghalter
  • Imagine Special Edition 1 (1984)
Older issues of Imagine contained adventures that were set in Pelinore, although this was not confirmed until at a later date.

More on Imagine Magazine.

Game Master Publications (GameMaster Publications, Cambridge, England)
  • GM1 Pelinore - Campaign World by Paul Cockburn
  • GM2 Pelinore - Campaign World Suppliment by Paul Emsley
  • GM3 Pelinore - Campaign World Suppliment by Wendy Rose
  • GM4 Pelinore - Campaign World Suppliment by Brian James
  • GM5 Pelinore - Questions & Answers by Bryan James
More on the GM series

Pelinore Adventures See also: About Canon Material.

-Havard
Last edited by Havard on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

Re: Pelinore Product List

Post by PelinoreRevived » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:18 pm

oohhh.. a project! :D

I started a list like this in excel that I intended to upload to http://www.pelinore.org. In it I was going to go into more detail, naming locations and npcs and which issue of Imagine / GMPubs they appeared in: thus providing a ready reference for anybody who had access to the original materials.

I never finished it, but I'm sure I could get to work on it.
PelinoreRevived, the artist formerly known as KneverwinterKnight

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

Post by PelinoreRevived » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:42 pm

I've bumped this thread because I have begun to edit some of the earlier posts. Edited posts are indicated with the "flame" icon (also attached to this post).
PelinoreRevived, the artist formerly known as KneverwinterKnight

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:33 pm

I have had the Dragon Turtle split off posts with reviews of individual issues of Imagine Magazine. Links to each review added to the original post.

Also aded to the product list:
-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

andyaction
Kobold

Post by andyaction » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:33 am

I hope I'm not committing "thread necromancy" here but this seemed the right topic in the forum. If not, my sincere apologies - this is my first post on thepiazza.org.

I recently took on a project involving all the issues of Imagine Magazine and I've become fairly obsessed with the Pelinore products out there.
In addition to the articles in Imagine and the info in GM1-5, there's another resource that I've discovered:

The "Imagine Special Edition 1" from 1984. It's essentially Imagine Magazine #31, but it's a "greatest hits" - repackaging of six of the previously published adventures from the pages of Imagine. It also includes two full color maps of regions in Pelinore ("The County of Cerwyn" & "The Domains") as well as a seven page article called "Pelinore: Integrating the IMAGINE campaign world into your game." The article spells out the placement of the six adventures in the Pelinore world (they're also on the maps) and a new NPC Class, the "Freeman/Freewoman."

In addition to acquiring this, I'm desperate to get GM1 - A Flight of Eagles (October 1985 by Simon Forrest) and GM2 - Find the Lady (Nov/Dec 1985 by Graeme Davis). They are quite expensive via Ebay/Noble Knight, et al. when the pop up and I'd LOVE to get a scan of these.

Does anyone have print copies of these?

Also, what other sources of Pelinore material is out there besides IMAGINE Magazine and the GM modules? Did I read somewhere that this setting remained vital into Warhammer products and/or other Games Workshop products? I'm a total noob on that front, being an old school non-minis guy from the U.S.

Is the discussion and/or posting of scans/pdfs a no-no on these forums? If so, again - my apologies.
Any fellow IMAGINE/Pelinore/TSR UK fans out there who want to talk shop and/or swap resources?

Thanks for your time!
-=AA

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:59 pm

andyaction wrote:I hope I'm not committing "thread necromancy" here but this seemed the right topic in the forum. If not, my sincere apologies - this is my first post on thepiazza.org.

Hello Andyaction! Great seeing you here. Welcome to The Piazza. Since you are new here you might want to introuce yourself to the rest of the community in this thread.

BTW, thread necromancy is perfectly fine here at The Piazza so don't worry about that :)
I recently took on a project involving all the issues of Imagine Magazine and I've become fairly obsessed with the Pelinore products out there.
In addition to the articles in Imagine and the info in GM1-5, there's another resource that I've discovered:

The "Imagine Special Edition 1" from 1984. It's essentially Imagine Magazine #31, but it's a "greatest hits" - repackaging of six of the previously published adventures from the pages of Imagine. It also includes two full color maps of regions in Pelinore ("The County of Cerwyn" & "The Domains") as well as a seven page article called "Pelinore: Integrating the IMAGINE campaign world into your game." The article spells out the placement of the six adventures in the Pelinore world (they're also on the maps) and a new NPC Class, the "Freeman/Freewoman."
Wow, that is a great find! Thanks for letting us know about it! :)

Could you tell us more about this project that you were involved in?
Also, what other sources of Pelinore material is out there besides IMAGINE Magazine and the GM modules? Did I read somewhere that this setting remained vital into Warhammer products and/or other Games Workshop products? I'm a total noob on that front, being an old school non-minis guy from the U.S.
Indeed, I just learned about this recently myself. You can learn more about the connection between Pelinore and Warhammer in this thread.
Is the discussion and/or posting of scans/pdfs a no-no on these forums? If so, again - my apologies.
Sorry, discussion of distribution of scans or PDFs of copyrighted material is strictly forbidden here.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:22 pm

andyaction wrote:I recently took on a project involving all the issues of Imagine Magazine and I've become fairly obsessed with the Pelinore products out there.
Welcome to The Piazza, Andyaction.

I'd love to know more about your Imagine/Pelinore project. Perhaps you could start a new topic and write about it. :)
andyaction wrote:In addition to the articles in Imagine and the info in GM1-5, there's another resource that I've discovered:

In addition to acquiring this, I'm desperate to get GM1 - A Flight of Eagles (October 1985 by Simon Forrest) and GM2 - Find the Lady (Nov/Dec 1985 by Graeme Davis). They are quite expensive via Ebay/Noble Knight, et al.
I think that magazines are a lot harder to get hold of than books. I think that people (both customers and store owneres) tend to view them as throwaway items. ;(

There have to be some other stores doing similar stuff to Noble Knight.
andyaction wrote:Also, what other sources of Pelinore material is out there besides IMAGINE Magazine and the GM modules?
I think that's it, but if you are after things created by fomer Pelinore staff, we had a topic about Geoff Wingate aka Paul Ruiz and it came out that he also did cartography for a game called Dragon Warriors. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Pelinore”