The town is in ruin and is populated by strange, humanoid creatures that are nearly invisible. They act out the roles of townfolk, finding identity in the jobs they perform. When exposed to their reflections, the creatures shriek and attack – they want to continue the charade of being townfolk, and can't bear to be exposed to the truth. When struck with radiant energy, they're revealed to be white-skinned, mannequin-like creatures with no eyes, mouths filled with fangs, and long claws.
The ranger, Fla'apper, casts a spell and determines that there are traces of beings exposed to the Shadowfell in the town. It's never confirmed that the creatures populating the town are the source of the Shadowfell incursion.
Avren, the warlock, masquerades as a king, tossing illusory gold in hopes of drawing Ruin out – Ruin having been said to destroy everything of value. It works, and the party is attacked by a creature that appears to be a beggar but turns out to be a powerful being. The session ends in the middle of combat.
We learn the class of the remaining characters, in this episode.
- Keen Dayapreth, an eladrin fighter (eldritch knight)
- Penelope "Half-Pint", a halfling druid (circle of the land)
- Briv Steelmarrow, a half-orc fighter (cavalier)
- Orkira Illdrex, a dragonborn cleric of Pelor (light domain)
- Avren, a human warlock (hexblade)
- Fla'apper, an aarakocra ranger (beast master)