Heroes of the Vale Episode 5

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Heroes of the Vale Episode 5

Post by Tim Baker » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:38 pm

Episode 5 of the Heroes of the Vale actual play podcast—which was initially set in the Nentir Vale, but I'm honestly not sure if it's going to return to it—is now available on YouTube.

I'm happy to continue posting as new episodes drop, but thought I would check to see if these posts are helpful to anyone. Is anyone else watching the series?

DMSamuel
Hobgoblin

Re: Heroes of the Vale Episode 5

Post by DMSamuel » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:59 am

I was planning on watching the series, and did watch the first of the two Mearls run episodes with plans to watch the 2nd, but now that it is out of the Nentir Vale I have no reason to keep watching. Not that Todd and the players aren't fun or anything, I am just not interested in watching others play D&D in the Realms, or really, anywhere other than the Vale. I don't watch Critical Role either. I only listen to 1 actual play D&D podcast when I get a chance (the Venture Maidens) and don't really have time to add another to my schedule. Nothing against anyone else, of course.

I was keenly interested in what Mearls was doing and what changes he had made and wanted to see how he dealt with the Vale in 5e. But now none of that is happening, so no reason for me to watch.
-- DMSamuel --

RPGMusings.com

@DMSamuel

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:27 am

DMSamuel wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:59 am
I was planning on watching the series, and did watch the first of the two Mearls run episodes with plans to watch the 2nd, but now that it is out of the Nentir Vale I have no reason to keep watching.
I completely understand. If no one else is getting any value out of me posting these each week, I'll stop—at least unless/until the Nentir Vale becomes the center of attention.

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:10 am

I was also following the series, but only because I was interested in what it could contribute to the Nentir Vale lore.

I don't know if I'm going to follow this now that the focus became Faerûn again. So yes, I guess you don't have to post this unless the Vale becomes the focus again.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:10 am
I was also following the series, but only because I was interested in what it could contribute to the Nentir Vale lore.

I don't know if I'm going to follow this now that the focus became Faerûn again. So yes, I guess you don't have to post this unless the Vale becomes the focus again.
The audience currently doesn't know where the characters are at, ever since they stepped through some sort of portal. We know that one of the PCs is from Faerun and refers to the Weave and deities from the FR pantheon. But I don't mind some planar shenanigans, as long as the story still takes place in the Vale (or at least Nerath or the World Axis planes).

Perhaps it will be revealed that the characters are on some other part of Nerath or are someplace out in the Astral Sea. If that's the case, I'll mention it here. I don't recall anywhere in Faerun that features entire cities on tank treads created by gnomes. That's pretty crazy stuff.

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Post by Sturm » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:53 pm

Tim Baker wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 pm
I don't recall anywhere in Faerun that features entire cities on tank treads created by gnomes. That's pretty crazy stuff.
Moving cities created by gnomes were hinted in Bruce Heard's work on Davania, in Mystara, during the Voyages of the Princess Ark series and later in the unofficial work Bruce released to the Vaults of Pandius after Mystara ceased publication.
However Mystara has not a great presence of Illithids and grimlocks. But the moving cities could or could not have a Mystara inspiration.
Editor of Threshold, the Mystara Magazine: http://pandius.com/thrs_mag.html

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 pm

Sturm wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:53 pm
Moving cities created by gnomes were hinted in Bruce Heard's work on Davania, in Mystara, during the Voyages of the Princess Ark series and later in the unofficial work Bruce released to the Vaults of Pandius after Mystara ceased publication.
However Mystara has not a great presence of Illithids and grimlocks. But the moving cities could or could not have a Mystara inspiration.
Good connection. It sounds like there may be enough interest in where the party is at that I could create a new thread (with the hide tag to protect from spoilers), once we find out.

Return to “Nentir Vale”