Here is the briefing from the first post in an epic 92 page thread about the Orcus campaign:
Myrhdraak at the Homebrew Campaigns forum at WotC wrote:Looking at the 4th Edition adventure series H1 Keep on the Shadowfell, H2 Thunderspire Labyrinths, and H3 Pyramid of Shadows – there is very little in the plotline that really ties these adventures together into a full story. When I read the Keep on the Shadowfell I had hoped that Wizards of the Coast would tie this story together around a growing threat from the Demon Lord Orcus (appearing in H1) trying to spread undeath from the new cool Shadowfell plane defined in 4th Edition. Lot of expectation had been built up around demons, demon lords and the Shadowfell in the Worlds and Monsters publication previously. Sadly my hopes was not fulfilled when I read the Thunderspire Labyrinth and then later the Pyramid of Shadow. I therefore decided to try to bridge this gap myself, with a conversion guide, doing some changes in the story, background and some of the encounters and images, in order to create an atmosphere foreboding the return of the undead legions of Orcus. I started with trying to tie together the story more tightly. You can see my first go at it in the following link.
H1 Keep on the Shadowfell, H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth, H3 Pyramid of Shadows, P1 King of the Trollhaunt Warrens, P2 Demon Queen's Enclave, P3 Assault on Nightwyrm Fortress and E1 Death's Reach have already been converted. E2 Kingdom of the Ghouls and E3 Prince of Undeath have not been converted yet. Here are the massive conversion documents created so far:
DEMON PRINCE OF UNDEATH CONVERSION:
- H1 Conversion Guide - 76 page PDF conversion document for H1 Keep on the Shadowfell
- H2 Conversion Guide - 138 page PDF conversion document for H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth
- H3 Conversion Guide - 84 page PDF conversion document for H3 Pyramid of Shadows
- P1 Conversion Guide - 133 page PDF conversion document for P1 King of the Trollhaunt Warrens
- P2 Conversion Guide - 102 page PDF conversion document for P2 Demon Queen's Enclave
- P3 Conversion Guide - 151 page PDF conversion document for P3 Assault on Nightwyrm Fortress
- E1 Conversion Guide - 39 page PDF conversion document for E1 Death's Reach
- H1-E3 Monster Update - 138 page PDF conversion document for monsters from H1-E3.
- Conversion Guide Maps - Maps
WotC have already dropped support for Nentir Vale. It looks like WotC's support for 4th Edition will also run out before this project finishes. But this is such a well made project that I hope that it gets finished and continues to be available for 4th Edition and Nentir Vale fans.