Gods, Primordials and other powers of the Dawn War

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.

Re: Gods, Primordials and other powers of the Dawn War

Postby ripvanwormer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:41 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:Again, the Nentir Vale is full of surprises. Added to the dead gods the deity who sacrificed its life so its twin sons, Corellon and Gruumsh, could live. Yeah, in the Dawn War those two are twins! Is that a Planescape reference or something?

No, that's a new one.
ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Postby Zeromaru X » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:04 am

Updated with lots of primal spirits and their descriptions from the Primal Power book; as well with the second exarch of Zehir.

EDIT:

Also added Osternech, a lich servant of Vecna.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Zeromaru X » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Added poor LOLth to the servants of Lolth. LOLth featured in an April's Fool adventure called "Queen of the Interwebz Pits" that you can get for free here:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/QueenInterwebzPitz.pdf
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Zeromaru X » Mon May 02, 2016 9:16 pm

Added the alternate version of Tharizdun to the missing gods list.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Zeromaru X » Thu May 05, 2016 11:59 am

Added the Primal Spirits of the Hinterlands to the list.

Added Myst to the Far Realm entities list.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Zeromaru X » Sat May 07, 2016 4:41 am

Added Hanali Celanil to the Seldarine, and moved the Red Witch to the servants of the Raven Queen.

Also, added the beings of the "Elder Constellation" (Elder Evils).
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Zeromaru X » Thu May 12, 2016 8:09 am

Added Zutwa to the unknown beings, the unnamed dead archomentals, the Bleak Guide to the Raven Queen servants, the vestige of Nerull (Nerull's Shade) to the dead gods, and Shoth-Gorag, the being that created the Chaos Scar, to the Far Realm entities.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby willpell » Thu May 12, 2016 1:55 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:Added Zutwa to the unknown beings, the unnamed dead archomentals, the Bleak Guide to the Raven Queen servants, the vestige of Nerull (Nerull's Shade) to the dead gods, and Shoth-Gorag, the being that created the Chaos Scar, to the Far Realm entities.

The archomentals are unnamed? Are these not Ogremoch, Yan-C-Bin, Cryonax and so forth?
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Zeromaru X » Thu May 12, 2016 2:47 pm

The unnamed archomentals were the ones who died creating the Tarrasque. Ogremoch and the others are alive and well (exiled and bound, but well).

Added the sidhe lords from the Fell's Five comics (thanks to Sturm for his review). I just added them now because I read the Sidhe Lord theme in the Heroes of the Feywild book, and those characters fill the role (a noble eladrin that isn't part of the Court of Stars).
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Big Mac » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:46 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:Again, the Nentir Vale is full of surprises. Added to the dead gods the deity who sacrificed its life so its twin sons, Corellon and Gruumsh, could live. Yeah, in the Dawn War those two are twins! Is that a Planescape reference or something?

Orcs and elves being related sounds more like Tolkien than D&D to me. What was the name of Corellon and Gruumsh's parent?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:11 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:The unnamed archomentals were the ones who died creating the Tarrasque. Ogremoch and the others are alive and well (exiled and bound, but well).

I'm not an expert here, but this might be new, as well.

BTW: There is a world in the Spelljammer universe, where the Tarrasque is not a unique creature (there are lots of them).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Zeromaru X » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:43 pm

Big Mac wrote:Orcs and elves being related sounds more like Tolkien than D&D to me. What was the name of Corellon and Gruumsh's parent?

Nope. The deity is unnamed and genderless, without background except it died for Corellon and Gruumsh can be born. Canonically, is the first deity of the Dawn War pantheon to die, in fact. There isn't also an explanation on why that deity must have died, but is stated it was mandatory for Corellon and Gruumsh existence. The deity was one of magic and prophecy: Corellon hold the domain of magic, while Gruumsh that of prophecy (though, Ioun is said to be more powerful in the Prophecy Domain than Gruumsh). However, Gruumsh lost his prophetic ability (and the Prophecy Domain) when Corellon shut his eye out.

Gruumsh isn't only the creator of orcs in the Nentir Vale, but also of the fomorians and cyclopes.

Big Mac wrote:I'm not an expert here, but this might be new, as well.

BTW: There is a world in the Spelljammer universe, where the Tarrasque is not a unique creature (there are lots of them).

Interesting, and dreadful. I won't send a party there, unless I want them dead. Really dead.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Zeromaru X » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:38 am

Updated the list with:

Zotzilaha a vampire god of the Olman people, I put him in the list of missing deities, since the Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan says nothing about his current fate.

Kalka-Kylla (primal spirits) with his background and role as one of the "deities" of the Olman people.

An unknown Far Realm entity trapped in Tamoachan, also mentioned in the Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan adventure.

Phayrd, a half-elf, half-orc demigoddess daughter of Gruumsh. She is dead, so to the list of Dead gods.

Blibdoolpoolp, The Sea Mother, who is mentioned in a Dungeon magazine adventure as a mysterious entity worshipped by kuo-toas.

And Felsa, the Slumbering Queen and Malorunth the Eternal Ash, two dead archfey.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Zeromaru X » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:05 pm

Added another dead god, Karmath, the Unmourned God, from one of the Vestige Pact Warlock powers in Arcane Power.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Zeromaru X » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:04 pm

It seems I've found the "Ao" of Nerath: the Demiurge, an entity mentioned in Psionic Power (sourcebook) as the "first cause" of all things. Even the gods cannot fathom its motives. Added.

Also, added the Patient One, an aspect of Torog worshiped by the minotaurs of Saruun Khel.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Tim Baker » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:14 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:It seems I've found the "Ao" of Nerath: the Demiurge, an entity mentioned in Psionic Power (sourcebook) as the "first cause" of all things. Even the gods cannot fathom its motives. Added.

Also, added the Patient One, an aspect of Torog worshiped by the minotaurs of Saruun Khel.

Good find!
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Zeromaru X » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:25 am

Added:

The Stone King, called the Living Rock by its underlings, may have been a primordial sired by Annam. He died two hundred years before the current year of a Nentir Vale campaign. (DR394, p.53)
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Zeromaru X » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:10 am

Added a "new" primordial: Athuam, the Falling Sky, a primordial of minerals. It seems he is the main reason of the dead of Nerull. During the Dawn War, Nerull expended most of his power battling this primordial... after that battle, it was easier for the Raven Queen to finish Nerull.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Zeromaru X » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Talking with Markustay in Candlekeep, it seems that the myth of Corellon and Gruumsh being brothers was created to rustle the jimmies of the elf-lovers (it seems the author of the article, Jeff LaSala, used some of the ideas of Markustay in that respect).
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Zeromaru X » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:43 am

I've updated this with a few spirits, titans, another star (this one is good, though), and yet another dead god...
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Previous

Return to Nentir Vale