Conversion to 5e

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.

Conversion to 5e

Postby Zeromaru X » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:42 pm

Here I will be posting my conversions from 4e to 5e. I dunno if this would be posted in the 4e or 5e forums instead, but seeing the 3.5e conversion threat in this forum (and I will be helping there, too), I've decided to post this here. As I'm still learning english, please, if you see anything you don't understand, ask me. There is a big possibility of that being a mistranslation on my part, :P

Epic Destinies:
One of the most interesting features 4e had was its way to represent how the adventurers evolved as part of the world's powers as they reached the highest levels in the game. It was an organic way to explain why the characters were to powerful compared with other "mortals" and what was their place in the cosmos. I'm talking about the Paragon Paths and the Epic Destinies.

Paragon Paths represents a particular area of expertise within an specific build, be a class or a race; a form of specialization that show why that character is set apart of other members of their class and/or race, and I feel converting that to 5e would be meaningless. There is already a way to specialize a class in 5e (class archetypes) and make a member of some races to feel unique (sub-races). There is no point to convert a feature that will be at odds with something already established. Interesting paragon paths should be converted to class archetypes or race/sub-race features instead.

Epic Destinies, on the other hand, are not extensions of a class or race. Instead, they represent how the laws of the multiverse work on those few heroes (or villains) that have transcended mere mortals and have entered in the realms of gods and other god-like beings. And 5e classes' capstones don't represent that. They only represent what happens to a character when reach the ultimate power of a specif class, but fail in representing what happens in that situation to a character as a character. Making Epic Destinies in 5e a unique feature that will not clash with anything already established in the official material.

How to implement Epic Destinies in 5e:
According to the official conversion guide, "for fourth edition characters, fifth edition level is two-thirds of fourth edition level, rounded normally", meaning a 5e character will gain an Epic Destiny at 14th level. Epic Destinies features will be gained at 16th, 18th, and 20th levels respectively (following the conversion rules, the feature gained at 18th level should be gained at 17th level instead, but I feel the "two levels apart" approach would be easier to follow). I guess those levels may also work for the 3.5e conversion as well.

This is my conversion of the basic PHB epic destinies and a few others I feel fit for the current 5e classes. I have had to change some features to completely new ones, because those ones didn't worked well with the 5e paradigm. As a personal choice, I've left all the "cheat death" abilities at 20th level for flavor purposes, but you can change them back to their respective equivalent levels if you want to. Feel free to post your opinions, suggestions, conversions and/or rotten tomatoes :D

Deadly Trickster:
Prerequisite: 14th-level, any class, Dexterity 20 or Charisma 20; training in Acrobatics, Deception, Sleight of Hand or Stealth.
“The universe is a vast stage set up to amuse you and spark your curiosity, and you are the ultimate trickster—amusing, unrivaled, and deadly."

When you complete your final quest, your legendary reputation is assured. The stories of your convoluted exploits live forever. If you stand with your companions and see them through their final quest, embracing their cause as yours, you are acclaimed a true hero. You are acquitted of past transgressions, if any, and you are commended for conquering your erratic temperament when it counted most. You are invited into the realm of the entity you most admire and provided a palace, riches, true friends, and a legacy told and retold for a thousand years describing how the Trickster’s changeable nature burned steady and pure in the finally tally. If, however, you betray your comrades and disrupt the completion of their final quest (or merely fail to aid them), you are cast out by all who once loved or trusted you. Your worst enemies welcome you to their courts as a newfound friend, and your name becomes a dark curse, forever despised by all who hear it.

Deadly Trickster Features
Sly Fortune’s Favor (14th level): You gain the Lucky feat. If you already have it, you gain another feat of your choice instead.
Trickster’s Control (16th level): You can use this feature whenever you use a feature that is expended after its use (except this one) or an spell sloth of 5th level or lower. Roll a d20. If you roll an 18 or higher, that feature or spell slot is not expended. Once you have used this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or a long rest.
Trickster’s Disposition (18th level): Once per day, you can tell the DM to treat the result of a d20 roll he just made as a 1. No rerolls are possible.
Epic Trick (20th level): If you use this feature, you regain all of your hit points, and also you regain the use of one feature that you can use only once a day (except this one) or one spell slot of 6th level or higher you have already expended. Once you have used this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Demigod:
Prerequisite: 14th-level, any class
“A divine spark ignites your soul, setting you on the path to apotheosis."

When you complete your final quest, your divine nature yearns to complete your apotheosis. Upon ordering your mortal affairs, the astral flame smoldering within you detonates, consuming all that remains of your mortal flesh. The astral flame leaves behind a fledgling god, flush with the power only the truly divine can comprehend and wield. You ascend, blazing like the sunrise (or darkening the skies like an eclipse, if your inclinations run dark). Streaking into the Astral Sea, you are taken up into the realm of an established god who welcomes your strength. You join that god’s pantheon and take on an aspect of the god’s portfolio. Soon enough, your transcendent senses discern mortal prayers directed at you.

Demigod Features
Divine Spark (14th level): Increase two ability scores of your choice by 2 each. For you, the limit in those two ability scores become 22.
Divine Resistance (16th level): You gain resistance to all non-magical damage. If any other feature grants you resistance to non-magical damage for a limited amount of time, that feature grants you immunity to non-magical damage for its duration instead.
Divine Regeneration (18th level): You know the Regenerate spell, but you can only cast it on yourself. If a feature already grants you this spell, instead you can cast this spell on yourself at its lowest level without spending a spell slot. You don't need any focus or material components to use this spell in this way. Once you have used this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
Divine Recovery (20th level): Once per day when you drop to 0 hit points or fewer, you regain hit points equal to half your maximum hit points and can stand up as a bonus action.

Martial Archetype:
Prerequisite: 14th-level, any martial class
“You are a vehicle of destruction born from your perfection of the fighting forms. You embody martial power."

With a practiced strike, you dispatch the last foe, the final obstacle standing between you and the fulfillment of your final quest. With this triumph, something stirs inside your consciousness. It is as if your last exploit unlocked a door in your mind, throwing it open to reveal the secrets you have long sought. The revelation strikes you to the soul, ripping away the last doubts, the last of your reluctance to push further and lay bare the true depth of martial mastery. With full comprehension of these fundamental truths fixed in your mind and displayed in your incomparable techniques, you set out to teach others. Mysteries you have struggled to master you can now impart to those new to the blade. Through these scions you will live forever. As your fighting techniques are passed down, your memory will grow beyond your legendary exploits. Your martial mysticism shall transcend the mortal coil to become a living part of the power all warriors use.

Martial Archetype Features
Archetype’s Edge (14th level): Whenever you score a critical hit, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.
Reliable Warrior (16th level): Whenever you make a melee attack against one target, you gain advantage in that attack roll.
Unstoppable Assault (18th level): Whenever you reduce an enemy to 0 hit points, you can make a melee attack or a charge attack against other enemy as a bonus action.
Perfect Warrior (20th level): Once per day when you drop to 0 hit points or fewer, you regain half of your hit points. As a bonus action, you then stand up and move up to 10 feet to an unoccupied space you can see without provoking opportunity attacks.

Primal Avatar:
Prerequisite: 14th-level, Barbarian or Druid
“You are the living embodiment of nature’s power, a mighty primal spirit veiled in living flesh."

As you near the completion of your final quest, you feel the tug of something greater, some deeper force drawing you on and goading you to bring your mission to its conclusion quickly. Not long after finishing your final task, you walk from the world into the spirit realm, leaving your mortality behind. Freed from the bonds of your body, you join the host of spirits that protect the natural order and guide new champions to follow the trail you blazed.

Primal Avatar Features
Primal Travel (14th level): When you take damage, you can use your reaction to teleport up to 60 feet to an unoccupied space you can see. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
Spirit Boon (16th level): After each long rest, choose one ability score. Until the end of your next long rest, you gain advantage to attack rolls, ability checks and saving throws related to that ability.
Walk with the Spirits (18th level): You know the Etherealness spell. If a feature already grants you this spell, instead you can cast this spell at its lowest level without spending a spell slot. You don't need any focus or material components to use this spell in this way. Once you have used this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
Eternal Return (20th level): Once per day when you drop to 0 hit points or fewer, you regain hit points equal to half your maximum hit points and can stand up as a bonus action.

Sage of Ages:
Prerequisite: 14th-level, any spellcaster class
"Knowledge is power. Once that fact is understood, the power of the gods themselves becomes something knowable."

When you complete your final quest, you make your plans to withdraw from the world. You have accumulated so much knowledge that you have become a force of nature itself. As one of a select few who have earned the title Sage of Ages, you take up the lonely task of a keeper of secrets, history, and unfettered knowledge. When the time is right, you retreat to a secret place only you know of, a place where you find knowledge within the natural bends and crevices in space and time. You begin to observe a river of events and store them away in your mind. Age, cares, and the needs of the flesh flow around you, not through you. You are a fountainhead of knowledge that other creatures, sometimes even gods, seek out because of your perfect enlightenment.

Sage of Ages Features
Paragon of Learning (14th level): You gain proficiency in Arcana, History, Investigation, Nature and Religion if you didn't have it already. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of those proficiencies.
Keeper's Knack (16th level): You gain a feat of your choice.
Trick of Knowledge (18th level): You can make an Arcana check using this feature to gain a benefit based on your check result until the end of the encounter. Once you have used this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
    14 or lower: no effect
    15-20: Pick one benefit of your choice
    21-25: Pick two benefits of your choice
    26 or higher: Gain all three benefits
    Benefits:
    Advantage in saving throws
    +2 bonus to AC and resistance to one type of energy of your choice
    +2 bonus to attack rolls and spell attack rolls
Reverse Time (20th level): Once per day when you drop to 0 hit points or fewer or are about to take enough damage to kill you, as a reaction you can spend one of your hit dices to heal yourself, and/or an unused spell slot to teleport up to 60 feet to an unoccupied space you can see. You then move your place in the initiative order to directly after the creature that made the attack.

Saint:
Prerequisite: 14th-level, Cleric or Paladin class
"You are the perfected mortal servant of a god, a shining example of all your deity holds dear."

In the mortal world, you have only the years allotted by nature and fate. You could live to great old age, or you might die young as a hero or a martyr. When at last death draws near, you meet your end with joy—for now you go to the presence of the deity you have served so long and well. Your mortal body remains uncorrupted and seems to be merely asleep; even the most gruesome wounds slowly vanish, leaving your body an imperishable symbol of divine grace. Your immortality lies beyond this world, where you will stand among the highest of the elevated souls granted life after life in the divine dominions. In the dominion of your deity, you have a new, immortal body. You join his or her celestial court as a wise and valued counselor. Throughout the world you are regarded as an example of devotion and honor. When people face challenges and hardships similar to those you faced in your mortal life, they are heartened by your example.

Saint Features
Saintly Grace (14th level): You gain advantage to saving throws against magical effects, and you become inmune to charming effects.
Sanctified Touch (16th level): When you use a feature that heals a creature, you heal that creature an additional amount equal to your Wis or Cha modifier, whichever is higher.
Manifest the Divine (18th level): You can use each of your Channel Divinity abilities once per encounter instead of just one.
Bestow Grace (20th level): When any ally within 60 feet of you drops to 0 hit points or fewer, you can spend a hit dice as reaction. You regain no hit points from spending the hit dice, but the ally regains hit points as if he or she had spent a hit dice.
Last edited by Zeromaru X on Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Re: Conversion to 5e

Postby Big Mac » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:21 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:Here I will be posting my conversions from 4e to 5e. I dunno if this would be posted in the 4e or 5e forums instead, but seeing the 3.5e conversion threat in this forum (and I will be helping there, too), I've decided to post this here. As I'm still learning english, please, if you see anything you don't understand, ask me. There is a big possibility of that being a mistranslation on my part, :P

Firstly, great thread! I don't play 5e, but it is great to see someone trying to help 5e fans who migrated from 4e getting some support for the way they are used to playing. :cool:

Moving onto your question of where this would be posted, the general thing with The Piazza is it was founded to replace the "Other Worlds" subsection at the Wizards of the Coast forum, when that got shut down back in 2008. So we have a heavy focus on campaign settings here.

Generally settings "trump" rules at The Piazza. So in most cases, if a topic is about both a campaign setting and rules it will go in the campaign setting folder (rather than the rules folder) because the topic is more useful for fans of the setting.

If a topic is not really about a campaign setting, then it would go in the rules folder. I am no 5e expert. And I am not a 4e expert either. But these Epic Destinies do not seem to be specific to Nentir Vale. So it would seem that the topic should be moved.

Then we get to the second part of your question: should this move to the 4e forum or the 5e forum. Again, we need to ask, who this topic is more useful to. And while 4e fans like Epic Destinies, the 4e forum is really for fans who are sticking with playing 4e rules. (So if the moderators move the topic to the 4e forum, some fans might think we are trying to "sell" people on the idea of abandoning 4e and moving to 5e. But if the moderators move the topic to the 5e forum, fans of 5e are more likely to think that we are trying to "help" 5e fans have that cool stuff they used to have back in their 4e days.)

If you ever have any confusion about where to put a topic, you can actually use the "Report Post" feature and report your own topic. That will flag it up to a moderator, so that they can find it. (Don't worry. You do not get banned from The Piazza for reporting your own posts if you post somthing in the wrong place. ;) ) But please add a short note to explain to the moderator that you think your post might be in the wrong place, so they know what you want them to think about.

I think you have two ways to go here. Either you are going to try to put a conversion of lots of stuff (4e and/or Nentir Vale) to 5e in one big topic. Or you might want to think about just making this topic into a topic about "Converting Epic Destinies to 5e" and then making separate topics for other parts of 4e and/or Nentir Vale that you want to convert.

One thing I try to do with my own topics, is make titles that explain what the topic is about (so people understand the topic without even browsing to it). Topic titles sometimes show up when someone searches for stuff on a search engine, so I figure that a title that helps people on The Piazza understand what my topic is going to be about, might also help fans who are looking for help on Google or another search engine.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Tim Baker » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:15 am

Zeromaru X wrote:One of the most interesting features 4e had was its way to represent how the adventurers evolved as part of the world's powers as they reached the highest levels in the game. It was an organic way to explain why the characters were to powerful compared with other "mortals" and what was their place in the cosmos. I'm talking about the Paragon Paths and the Epic Destinies.

I really enjoyed Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies when my 4e games reached those tiers of play. I've only played a few 5e adventures, and they all remained relatively low-level, but I like the idea of translating Epic Destinies to 5e. On an interesting side-note, I started thinking through a similar project for 13th Age about a month ago, and had begun discussing my approach with my players. It's an idea worth keeping, even if you've moved to systems other than 4e, in my opinion.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Zeromaru X » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:32 am

Big Mac wrote:If you ever have any confusion about where to put a topic, you can actually use the "Report Post" feature and report your own topic. That will flag it up to a moderator, so that they can find it. (Don't worry. You do not get banned from The Piazza for reporting your own posts if you post somthing in the wrong place. ;) ) But please add a short note to explain to the moderator that you think your post might be in the wrong place, so they know what you want them to think about.

I think you have two ways to go here. Either you are going to try to put a conversion of lots of stuff (4e and/or Nentir Vale) to 5e in one big topic. Or you might want to think about just making this topic into a topic about "Converting Epic Destinies to 5e" and then making separate topics for other parts of 4e and/or Nentir Vale that you want to convert.

One thing I try to do with my own topics, is make titles that explain what the topic is about (so people understand the topic without even browsing to it). Topic titles sometimes show up when someone searches for stuff on a search engine, so I figure that a title that helps people on The Piazza understand what my topic is going to be about, might also help fans who are looking for help on Google or another search engine.

Thanks. That clarifies a lot of stuff for me. This topic is intended to put my 5e conversion of 4e. A lot of stuff, not only Epic Destinies. So, I guess this forum is the perfect one for that.

Tim Baker wrote:I really enjoyed Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies when my 4e games reached those tiers of play. I've only played a few 5e adventures, and they all remained relatively low-level, but I like the idea of translating Epic Destinies to 5e. On an interesting side-note, I started thinking through a similar project for 13th Age about a month ago, and had begun discussing my approach with my players. It's an idea worth keeping, even if you've moved to systems other than 4e, in my opinion.

Yeah, is one of the stuff that 4e did right, because it rewards players who have reached the end of their adventure by making their characters part of the world's setting, and can work with any setting (official or homebrew).

More conversion stuff:

Races:

Yeah, a take on 4e races to 5e. The first one will be...

Dragonborn:

I guess this enters in the zone of "homebrew material", but we have to take into account that, unlike the 5e dragonborn, the 4e/Nentir Vale dragonborn were a true race created by Io either at his demise or before, not some artificial race breed by dragons or born from transformed eggs blessed by gods like the draconians. Dragonborn in 5e are also underpowered compared to other 5e races, so my take on rebalances that. There is some stuff unique "Nentir Vale" dragonborn had in 4e that 5e one didn't have. So, I'm creating the Arkhosian variant of the 5e Dragonborn.

Draconic name:

Something that makes me uneasy when I'm reading official lore, is that dragonborn hasn't a racial name in draconic. The Brimstone angels novels fixed that by naming them Vayemniri, but according to Erin M. Evans, that's a specific name for Tymantheran dragonborn. Eberron novels also fix the issue by naming them Drakhata, but again that's a specific name using an old draconic dialect specific to the dragons of Argonessen. So, using my limited knowledge about draconic here is my take on this issue: Darasthrek.

According to Races of the Dragon (3.5e book), the suffix daras has to do with dragons, as in Darasv (half-dragon). And Munthrek means human. So, Darasthrek would mean "draconic humanoid" or "dragon human". As one of the dragonborn creation legends told us about how Io created the dragonborn race as the perfect humanoid race, I guess that name is thematically fitting.

Modify Draconic Heritage:
You can choose whatever energy damage/resistance of the Draconic Heritage table without tying that to the color of your scales. You can choose whatever color you want for your scales. A typical Arkhosian dragonborn's scales can be scarlet, gold, rust, ocher, bronze, or brown.

This is more a cosmetic feature, as Arkhosian dragonborns scale color gives no indication of the type of breath weapon they use. According to 4e PHB "rarely do an individual's scales match the hue of a chromatic or metallic dragon".

Optional: Add Darkvision to the Dragonborn traits.

Why? Because,
1). Dragonborn in 4e have access to the Low-light vision feature (Darkvision equivalent in 4e). Well, as a feat (that you can get from 4e PHB), but nonetheless they had the choice to get that feature. As feats work in a different way in 5e, I transformed that ability into a racial feature.
2). They're dragons. At least in 4e, they were created as a true draconic race instead as some mongrel one. Darkvision is thematically fitting.
3). Isn't overpowered, as nearly all races in PHB have Darkvision, so is something that won't overshadow other races. And helps to make Dragonborn more than one trick ponies.

Sub-races:
Arkhosian dragonborns came in two varieties. One, was the standard dragonborn variant, that breathed fire or caustic poison. This is the one you have in the PHB and Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms book. The other was one that cannot breath energy but had the ability to instill fear into the hearts of their enemies, described in Dragon Magazine 388.

Arkhosvrak sub-race:

Akhosvrak can be translated as "scions of Arkhosia" (vrak means child, making Arkhosvrak to be literally translated as "Arkoshia's Children"), and this is how the standard dragonborn sub-race call themselves nowadays (on my game world, at least. Feel free to use this name if you like it, thought). As one of the Arkhosvrak, you gain the Dragon Breath and Damage Resistance features as the 5e PHB dragonborn does.

If you like, you can use my rebalanced version of the Dragon Breath feature:

Re-balanced Dragon Breath
Dragon Breath can be used as a Bonus Action instead of an Attack Action.

As the only feature 5e dragonborn have, is a pretty substandard one. The damage scales pretty poor and using one action can be a disadvantage when a class offer more powerful options to spend your actions. So, making the dragon breath a bonus action makes the feature a more useful one, as you can still use your more powerful attacks in that turn. Also, 4e Dragon Breath was a minor action, so fits thematically.

Thricgauliri sub-race:

Thricgauliri can be translated as "the dishonored ones" (Thric means no, gaul means honor, and -i is a diminutive that can be used as a pejorative). The Arkhosian dragonborn see their dragon breath as a connection to the dragons, and feel proud of that connection. For that reason, dragonborn that cannot develop a breath weapon are seen as stain to their honor and are shunned from dragonborn communities. Dragonborn that don't develop a Dragon Breath develop instead the ability to instill sobrenatural fear on their foes and resistance to psychic powers.

As one of the Thricgauliri, you gain the dragonfear feature instead of the dragon breath feature, and your Energy Resistance feature becomes Psychic Resistance instead.

Dragonfear:
As a bonus action, you blast psychic energy at one creature that you can see within 5 feet of you. The target must succeed on an Intelligence saving throw or take 1d6 psychic damage. If the target takes any of this damage, it becomes frightened until the end of your next turn. Dragonfear's damage increases by 1d6 when you reach 5th level (2d6), 11th level (3d6), and 17th level (4d6).

After you use your Dragonfear, you can't use it again until you complete a short or long rest.

Psychic Resistance:
You have resistance to psychic damage.

Notes:

According to this guide to 5e race creation (that I'm using for my conversions), adding darkvision and making their attacks a bonus action will give the dragonborn a score of 6 points, on par with humans, what means that my rebalanced options will not make the dragonborn an overpowered race.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Zeromaru X » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:58 am

More races conversions:

One of my players have a Deva character since 4e. For starters we tried to use the Aasimar to "convert" his Deva character to 5e, but the Aasimar loses the Deva uniqueness, being just a "boring and refluffed Tiefling with good lineage" (according to my player). So, I modified the Aasimar to be akin to the 4e Deva. And with that step, I began to convert other 4e races with specif ties to the Nentir Vale setting, even with none of my players uses those races as player characters, just for the sake of completeness.

PHB Races:

Deva:
Unlike the Devas of the monster manual, the playable Devas chose to bind themselves to the world in mortal flesh. For millennia, their souls have been reborn to wage an endless war against the forces of darkness.

Ability Score Increase: Your Wisdom score increases by 1, and your Charisma score increases by 2.

Age: Devas mature at the same rate as humans but have an immortal life span. They do not die of old age, but can be killed by disease or by wounds.

Alignment: Most devas are fiercely committed to the cause of good, because they fear what they might become if they turn to evil: A deva whose soul becomes corrupted risks being reborn as a rakshasa.

Size: Devas are built like well-proportioned humans. Your size is Medium.

Speed: Your base walking speed is 30 feet.

Darkvision: Thanks to your celestial heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Celestial Resistance: You have resistance to necrotic damage and radiant damage.

Celestial Halo: You know the light cantrip.

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes: Before you make an attack roll, saving throw, or ability check, you can chose to use this feature to gain advantage on that roll. You must complete a short or a long rest before you can use this ability again.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Celestial.

Shardmind:
Pieces of the now destroyed Living Gate which held the Far Realm away from other planes have been given life and consciousness, forming humanoid bodies. Distant and strange, shardminds are moving masses of crystal with stoic expression who seek to rebuild the Living Gate and restore sanity to the planes of the world.

Ability Score Increase: Your Wisdom and Intelligence scores increase by 1.

Alignment: As a whole shardminds favor neutral alignments, though individuals may vary.

Size: Shardminds are generally broader and heavier than humans. Your size is Medium.

Crystalline Mind: You have resistance to psychic damage.

Telepathy: You can communicate telepathically with any creature within 30 feet of you that understands a language.

Living Construct: Even though you were constructed, you are a living creature. You are immune to disease. You do not need to eat or breathe, but you can ingest food and drink if you wish. Instead of sleeping, you enter an inactive state for 4 hours each day. You do not dream in this state; you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and one other language of your choice.

Wilden:
The wilden emerged from the unspoiled reaches, ancient bogs, and primeval forests of the Feywild. Awakened to fight the growing corruption plaguing the land, they strive to restore the natural order and to purge aberrant horrors from the world.

Ability Score Increase: Your Wisdom score increases by 2.

Age: Wilden grow quickly reaching maturity by age 10, and they usually live to be around 100.

Alignment: Wilden tend to be good in nature, due to their relative naivety and love of the wild.

Size: Wilden stand about 5 ½ feet tall and have a slender build like an elf. Your size is Medium.

Darkvision: Accustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark or dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Forestborn: You have proficiency in the Nature skill.

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Languages: You can read, speak and write Common and Sylvan. Sylvan is the language of fey creatures, such as satyrs, dryads, and treants. It is very alien-sounding to mortals, and has words for many concepts that can’t be understood by mundane creatures. Sylvan writing is very beautiful and florid, but is similarly alien and sometimes appears in nature, for example as frost on glass or in the ripples of color in cut stone.

Subrace: There are three types of Wilden, known as “aspects”, however they are not separated by heredity. A child of any aspect may be born to parents of any other aspect. Most Wilden believe that the aspects that are born are exactly the aspects their community needed.

Aspect of the Ancients:
Wilden of this aspect are marked by white, silver, or palest blond leaves and robin-egg blue eyes.

Ability Score Increase: Your Intelligence scores increase by 1.
Speak with Beasts and Plants: Wilden can communicate with beasts and plants as if they shared a language.
Natural Magic: You know the druidcraft cantrip. Once you reach 3rd level you can cast the spike growth spell once per day as a 2nd-level spell. Once you reach 5th level you can cast the daylight spell once per day. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Aspect of the Destroyer:
The destroyers have leaves and eyes of a charcoal or midnight black.

Ability Score Increase: Your Strength scores increase by 1.
Smite Nature’s Foe: You can cast the thunderous smite spell once per day. The damage increases to 3d6 at 6th level, 4d6 at 11th level, and 5d6 at 16th level. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for it.
Natural awareness: While in Trance, you remain fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.

Aspect of the Hunter
This aspect is marked by deep green or olive leaves and green or brown eyes. Their skin also tends to darker, muted shades.

Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity scores increase by 1.
Attuned to the Wild: You have advantage on Stealth checks to hide in a natural setting, and you can add double your proficiency when you are only obscured by natural phenomenon.
Swift as a Coursing River: Your speed increases to 35 feet.

Dragon Magazine Races:

Shadar-kai
Long eons in the Shadowfell have shaped the shadar-kai into a fiery and, some say, cruel people. Fighting the apathy pervasive in their home plane, shadar-kai live passionately and fearlessly, if grimly.

This isn't the most original conversion, thou. I just followed internet suggestions and refluffed the Eladrin sub-race from DMG.

Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity score increases by 2, and your Intelligence score increases by 1.

Age: Shadar-Kai reach adulthood in their early twenties and generally live into the end of their second century.

Alignment: Shadar-kai have adapted to live in the pervasive nature of the Shadowfell, and have become something akin to that grim place. Their personalities gravitates toward the neutral alignments, with the majority of the race being typically Neutral Evil.

Size: A typical Shadar-kai stands about 5'7" to 6'0" tall and weighs 110 to 170 lb. Your size is Medium.

Darkvision: Accustomed to live on the grim places of the Shadowfell, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Raven Queen's Blessing: Your compact with the goddess of death makes difficult for the Grim Reaper to claim your soul. You have advantage on death saving throws.

Shadar-kai Weapon Training: You have proficiency with the flail, the morningstar, the net and the whip.

Shadow Jaunt: You can cast the misty step spell once using this trait. You regain the ability to do so when you finish a short or long rest.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and and one extra language of your choice.

Heroes of the Feywild races:

Hamadryad:
Hamadryads are a subrace of dryads that incarnate spirits of living oak trees. Part flesh, part wood, and part fey spirit, they are the granddaughters of the seasons and the wind, and the supreme manifestations of nature's wild beauty.

Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity score increases by 1, and your Charisma score by 2.

Age: Hamadryads mature at the same rate as elves but have their lifespan tied to the trees they are bound. Some have short lives at one or two hundred years. Others have been known to live for millennia. When a hamadryad's tree home dies, she undergoes a period of deep grief and mourning.

Alignment: Hamadryads love freedom, variety, and self-expression, so they lean strongly toward the gentler aspects of chaos. They value and protect the freedom of others as well as their own, and they are more often good than not.

Size: Hamadryads range from under 5 to over 6 feet tall and have slender builds. Your size is Medium.

Female Only: All hamadryads are female.

Darkvision: Accustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light up to 60 feet as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. In darkness, colors cannot be discerned, only shades of gray.

Trance: You do not require sleep, but you must meditate to absorb light (even from as small a source as a candle), soak in water, or connect with the earth beneath your feet, remaining semiconscious for 4 hours a day. While meditating, you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.

Fey Charm: You can cast the charm person spell as a 1st level spell once using this trait. You regain the ability to do so when you finish a short or long rest.

Speak with Beasts and Plants: You can communicate with beasts and plants as if they shared a language.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Sylvan.

Pixie:
An enchanted race born of raw fey magic, pixies are the diminutive fairy folk of the Feywild. Legends of the mortal realm say that because the Feywild is the bright reflection of the world, pixies are a reflection of humanity. As the bards tell it, whenever a human child is born, a pixie also comes into existence.

Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity score increases by 2, and your Charisma score by 1.

Age: Although pixies reach physical maturity at about the same age as humans, a pixie understanding of adulthood as other races see it does not really exist: they retain a certain childlike quality throughout their lives. A pixie typically claims “adulthood” around the age of 70 and can live to be 750 years old. However, legends claim that some pixies are so bound to their human reflections in the world that they perish when that human dies.

Alignment: Pixies love freedom, variety, and self-expression, so they lean strongly toward the gentler aspects of chaos. They value and protect the freedom of others as well as their own, and they are more often good than not.

Size: Pixies range in height from 6 inches to 1 foot. Your size is Tiny.

Speed: Your base walking speed is 10 feet. You can fly 30 feet per round and can hover. However, you cannot fly when encumbered or wearing heavy armor.

Darkvision: Accustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can can see in dim light up to 60 feet as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. In darkness, colors cannot be discerned, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.

Pixie Magic: You know the dancing lights cantrip. Once you reach 3rd level, you can cast the sleep spell once per day as a 1st-level spell. Once you reach 5th level, you can cast the fly spell once per day as a 3rd-level spell. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Superior Invisibility: As an action, you magically turns invisible until you attack or cast a spell, or until your concentration ends (as if concentrating on a spell). Any equipment you wear or carry is invisible with you. Once you have used this ability, you must complete a short or long rest before you can use it again.

Speak with Beasts: You can communicate with beasts as if they shared a language.

Satyrs:
A race branded by folklore as tricksters, hedonists, and charlatans, satyrs only partially deserve the dark aspect of their reputation.

Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity score increases by 1, and your Charisma score by 2.

Age: Satyrs reach adulthood at the age of 50, and live to be 500.

Alignment: Satyrs tend to have chaotic alignments, and most are good if not neutral. However, evil satyrs do exist, taking what they want from others to feed their unstable appetite for pleasure.

Size: Satyrs are built like well-proportioned humans. Your size is Medium.

Speed: Your base walking speed is 35 feet.

Male Only: All satyrs are male.

Darkvision: Accustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light up to 60 feet as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. In darkness, colors cannot be discerned, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put a you to sleep.

Goat's Charge: When you use the Dash action during your turn, you can make a melee attack with your horns as a bonus action.

Sly Words: You are proficient in the Deception skill.

Lure of Enchantment: You know the Vicious Mockery cantrip. Once you reach 3rd level, you can cast the sleep spell once per day as a 1st-level spell. Once you reach 5th level, you can cast Suggestion once per day. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Unusual Body Shape: You can only wear armor or clothing specially designed for satyrs; such equipment costs double its normal price.

Human Variant: Tuathan:
Any human born or blessed with a strain of fey magic might be a tuathan. Most tuathans are born in the Feywild, and the bold vibrancy of that realm courses through their veins as it did in the tribe of old.

Ability Score Increase: Two different ability scores of your choice increase by 1.

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put a you to sleep.

Tuathan Animal Shape: You can use your action to magically assume the shape of a tiny, non-flying beast with CR 0 that you have seen before. You regain the use of this ability when you finish a short ar long rest. At 8th level you gain the ability to assume the shape of a tiny, flying beast with CR 0 that you have seen before.

For rules, this ability works like the Druid's "Wild Shape" feature.

Heroes of Shadow races:

Ravenant:
For some select individuals, the Raven Queen or another agency of death bars passage to the next stage of existence, turning a soul back toward the natural world. In such instances, fate has other plans. A ravenant arises not as an aimless corpse but as the embodiment of a lost soul given new purpose.

Ability Score Increase: Your Constitution score increases by 1, and your Charisma score by 2.

Age: You are an undead and your body has ceased to age, having the same age it has when your Past life died. You cannot die by old age or sickness, but you can be destroyed. The ravenant also ceases to be once his or her purpose in the mortal world is fulfilled.

Alignment: You have the same alignment your past life had.

Size: You have the built your past life had. Your size is Medium.

Speed: You have the base speed your past life had.

Past Life: Before you died, you were counted among one of the more common races. Choose a race other than ravenant. Your Past Life gives you some of the racial features of the race of your choice, as indicated on the ravenant racial features.

Darkvision: Accustomed to live on the grim places of the Shadowfell, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Necrotic Resistance: You have resistance to necrotic damage.

Death Magic: You know one necromancy cantrip of your choice from any spell list. Once you reach 3rd level, you can cast the false life spell once per day as a 1st level spell without using any component material. Once you reach 5th level, you can cast the ray of enfeeblement spell once per day. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write all the languages you can know according to your Past life choice.

For other races:

For races that aren't in official sources but are addressed in other Wizards sources, such as Unearthed Arcana, I allow the use of those sources. Races with ties to the Nentir Vale setting that are found in Unearthed Arcana include Shifters, Minotaurs and Warforged. For Minotaurs however, you must change the sea reaver feature by anything not related to water. In my game table, I change it with proficiency in artisans tools.

For the three-kreens, I use Gabriel Zenon Wach's 5e Dark Sun conversion. You can found it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jZ_- ... sp=sharing

For the Githzerai/Githyanki I'm using this conversion:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uEj ... DuLj0/edit

For the Shade, I use this conversion:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/commen ... h_edition/

IHMO, the shade is a redundant race, a shadar-kai fused with a ravenant in terms of backstory. But they shoehorned it in the 4e Shadowfell because Netheril and the 4e policy of "all that exist in one world exist in all worlds", and I determined it not worthy of my time (?)

For the Vryloka I use this excellent conversion:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5ona82tgyq8c ... 2.pdf?dl=0

Credits:

For the Wilden, I created my conversion using the Killoren/Wilden found on this document as a base:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m7q ... a5ca48xjjw

And the Wilden of this other conversion:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V9a ... mZ420/edit
Last edited by Zeromaru X on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Tim Baker » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:12 am

Zeromaru X, you've clearly put a lot of thought and effort into these. I don't play 5e, but I'll certainly point some of my 5e-playing friends to your posts. I especially like the Nerathi take on the dragonborn that you provided. I prefer the 4e take on the race, and you capture it nicely here.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Zeromaru X » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:53 am

Tim Baker wrote:Zeromaru X, you've clearly put a lot of thought and effort into these. I don't play 5e, but I'll certainly point some of my 5e-playing friends to your posts. I especially like the Nerathi take on the dragonborn that you provided. I prefer the 4e take on the race, and you capture it nicely here.

Thanks! Well, I guess 5e is more easy to convert to 3.5/Pathfinder, or similar than 4e. Or if you really like it and use Dragonborn in your game, you can always take the fluff.

I really have some issues with the human in 5e, so here is little tweak that will make the human less boring without depending on the variant human feat (that is overpowered, in my opinion).

Human

Ability Score Increase: Four different ability scores of your choice increase by 1.

Age: Humans reach adulthood in their late teens and live less than a century.

Alignment: Humans tend toward no particular alignment. The best and the worst are found among them.

Size: Humans vary widely in height and build, from barely 5 feet to well over 6 feet tall. Regardless of your position in that range, your size is Medium.

Skills: You gain proficiency in one skill of your choice.

Miscellaneous Experience: You gain three of the following, in any combination: weapon, tool set, or vehicle proficencies of your choice. Or, you gain two of those proficiencies and one language of your choice.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and one extra language of your choice.

Pretty vanilla, but I've always believed the humanos must the vanilla race of a setting full of fantasy creatures.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Tim Baker » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:08 am

Zeromaru X wrote:Well, I guess 5e is more easy to convert to 3.5/Pathfinder, or similar than 4e. Or if you really like it and use Dragonborn in your game, you can always take the fluff.

There isn't much to the mechanics for races in 13th Age (I'd like to see options to make characters more defined by their race in future supplements). The minimal mechanics that are provided for dragonborn in 13th Age fit their 4e background just fine (although a fearful presence version that replaces the breath weapon would be nice). I'll likely borrow from your fluff the next time I have a player choose a dragonborn PC -- solid stuff!
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Tim Baker » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:38 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:One of the most interesting features 4e had was its way to represent how the adventurers evolved as part of the world's powers as they reached the highest levels in the game. It was an organic way to explain why the characters were to powerful compared with other "mortals" and what was their place in the cosmos. I'm talking about the Paragon Paths and the Epic Destinies.

This post on Tribality reminded me of your post about converting Epic Destinies to 5e.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Zeromaru X » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:01 am

Here is my take on converting the divine domains of the World Axis into the upper planes of the Great Wheel.

The rest of the planes on the Great Wheel are left as they are, because there are no equivalents of those (or they already exist) on the World Axis cosmology.

You can use this table to translate the inhabitants and lore stuff to one cosmology to another. For example, in the Nentir Vale cosmology Arcadia does not exists, but if you want to use the Great Wheel in this setting (ie. playing Nentir Vale with 5e rules), the domain of Hestavar will take its place, as those planes are equivalent in purpose and alignments. Or, if you don't want to change anything but want to use the Dawn War gods from the 5e DMG, you can use this table to know in what plane of the Great Wheel those gods will live.

Likewise, you can use this table to raid stuff from one cosmology to enhance the other. IE, Tytherion does not exist in, dunno, Greyhawk, but you can raid stuff and monsters from Tytherion to expand the plane of Gehenna, as those planes are pretty similar.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Zeromaru X » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:22 pm

I am working in the Gazetteer (I want finish it quickly to began to work in my Tomb of Annihilation in the Nentir Vale stuff), and one of my players asked me "the dragonborn clans in the (5e) PHB can be used as Arkhosian clans?" (the ones in 5e are Thymari clans—FR stuff). So, I searched in 4e stuff, and found a few sample Arkhosian clans and family names in Dragon 365 and in PHB Dragonborn.

Thing is, something that always frustrated me about dragonborn is their usage of common tongue for their clan names (elves frustrate me the same way, using last names in common tongue).

So, I've translated the Arkhosian clan names in canon sources to draconic, and compiled them here.

Given names: The same ones from the 5e PHB. Those are the same of the 4e PHB and the cited sources.

Dragonborn family names: Alreja, Bhergav, Duggal, Garodya, Iyotar, Kroshav*, Letrah, Mulhotra, Odeyar, Pradhu, Reddyar, Samanga, Tyagi, Ulharej, Vadula, Yadav, Zaveri

*This one is from Dungeon 203

Clan names, with translations (draconic words are canon, taken from the vocabularies in Races of the Dragon and Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons):
Bloodbane: Iejirshfintir = Iejir (blood) + sh (sound letters, to make it easier to pronounce) + fintir (to kill; its the only approximate word to "bane" that I've found in canon draconic)
Drakerider: Darssthurirlii = Darss (draconic creature) + thurirl (friend; again, approximate word) + ii (sound letters)
Flamebrow: Ixensaurivsvern = Ixen (fire) + sauriv (eye) +svern (above); yeah, "saurivsvern" (above the eye) = brow, lol
Hammerwing: Jhankaush = Jhank (hammer) + au (wing) + sh (sound letters); the "au" (wing) word isn't in the mentioned vocabularies, but in the Abyssal Plague novels
Loremark: Irthirominaki = Irthir (knowledge; approx. word) + ominak (name; again, approx.) + i (sound letter)
Moonscale: Thurkeariskmolik = Thurkear (night) +isk (star) + molik (hide; approx); "thurkearisk" (night star) = moon
Peaceblade: Martivircaex = Martivir (peace) + caex (sword)
Redmark: Charirominaki = Charir (red) + ominak (name, approx.) + i (sound letter)
Silverspear: Ornnerii = Orn (silver) + ner (spear) + ii (sound letters)
Spellscale: Arcanissmolik = Arcaniss (magic, approx.) + molik (hide; approx)
Warbringer: Arytemajak = Aryte (war) + majak (to give)

Dragonborn always put their clan names first, because honor and such stuff. They seldom use their family names, unless necessary. So, usually a dragonborn name goes:

Clan name + given name

If they need to give their full name:

Clan name + given name + family name

Example: Thurkeariskmolik Balasar Alreja

Some dragonborn use combined given names as their name (ie. Biri-Daar from the Karga Kul novel).

BTW, there are only two clans with background in canon sources:
-Thurkeariskmolik (Moonscale) is the clan that supported the Golden One (the dragon emperor of Arkhosia), and they were in charge of the military of the Empire. Their only known ancestor is Surina, the first general of the clan.
-Ixensaurivsvern (Flamebrow) is the clan of the legendary dragonborn hero Dhuryan, a warlord of legend in the Arkhosian-Turathi wars.

Of course, if you want, you can adapt the ones from the PHB as Arkhosian. For lore stuff, you can check the Forgotten Realms wiki.

For completionist sake, Turathi stuff! These are from the PHB Tieflings and Dragon 364.

Given names: Same as in the 5e PHB. Like dragonborn, tieflings have the same names they used in 4e

Family names: Amarzian, Arychosa, Azaer*, Carnago, Derafan, Domarien, Kaazinar, Khirzan, Lamanthus, Meluzan, Menetrian, Mezelandes, Mizviir, Naerumar*, Paradas, Romazi, Sarzan, Serechor, Shadowhorn, Syrkoi, Szarzan, Torzalan, Trelenus, Trevethor, Tryphon, Vadu, Vezzati, Vrago.

*This pair is from the 4e DMG

Noble Houses: Some houses of Bael Turath had certain honorifics, that hint to the origin of the house or some deed that made that house famous (or infamous).
Achazriel, the Destroyer’s House
Anastazhu
Baikanul, House of Happiness
Barikdral
Cavian
Dreygu, House of Love
Kahnebor, House of Feasting
Kahlir, House of Blood
Kyrandanul, the Wailing House
Morthos
Ravoon
Rennet, House of the Last Moon
Synnaridia, the Plague House
Thavios, House of Shadows
Zannifer, the Red House
Zolfura, House of Ice and Fire

Turathi names are rather easy:

Given name + family name + House name

Example: Bryseis Carnago of House Zolfura

Notable stuff:
-Unlike other houses, Achazriel takes its name not from an ancestral house but from the fame of a particular tiefling. The true house of Achazriel is lost to history, but the deeds of the tiefling general during the Arkhosian-Turathi wars have given rise to many who call her an ancestor.
-House Barikdral was known during the height of the empire for their necromancers. The last matriarch still lives, as a lich.
-Houses Dregyu and Kahnebor are the houses that ruled the cursed city of Harrack Unarth. Their honorifics are rather infamous in origin: Dregyu, House of Love (for their love of sexual pleasures), Kahnebor, House of Feasting (they were cannibals). Their last matriarch and patriarch are trapped in Sunderheart, a domain of dread.
-Most members of House Kahlir are vampires. The last patriarch of the house, a powerful and hideous vampire lord, still lives in the ruins of Vor Kragal, the ancient capital of Bael Turath.
-The descendants of House Zannifer are afflicted with the "Crimson Curse", hence the name of the house. Unless they wear something red, their skin oozes blood like sweat, eventually killing them. There is a kind of "medicine" for the curse: If a member of House Zannifer kills a criminal once a month, the bleeding is kept at bay. However, the curse is specific in this regard; "criminal" here means "only those convicted of crimes by some authority", but the crime hardly matters. Even those that commit minor crimes, such as a guy who drank beer while in a curfew, serve to stave off the curse.
-Descendants of House Zolfura have talent for elemental magic. Some blame the last leaders of the House for the cataclysm that destroyed either the capital of Bael Turath or the city of Vor Rukoth.

If you happen to find the list of given and family names of dragonborn and tieflings that Chris Perkins made for his home setting of Iomandra, you can use them as Arkhosian and Turathi names, as Arkhosia and Bael Turath existed in Iomandra as well.

Too bad they not give this kind of stuff for Nerathi names...
Last edited by Zeromaru X on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Tim Baker » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:22 am

Impressive work! I love how you draw from so many sources. Your knowledge is truly encyclopedic!
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Tim Baker » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:23 am

Zeromaru X wrote:I am working in the Gazetteer (I want finish it quickly to began to work in my Tomb of Annihilation in the Nentir Vale stuff).

Tomb of Annihilation in the Nentir Vale, you say? I'm intrigued. Any thoughts on where you plan to place it?
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Zeromaru X » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:00 am

Tim Baker wrote:
Zeromaru X wrote:I am working in the Gazetteer (I want finish it quickly to began to work in my Tomb of Annihilation in the Nentir Vale stuff).

Tomb of Annihilation in the Nentir Vale, you say? I'm intrigued. Any thoughts on where you plan to place it?

I guess the Isle of Kelarnil is a good substitute for Chult: it has undead (as Karkoth has an enclave there, the Dread Marches), a jungle-zone, and the Tomb of Horrors is located there, so we have Acererak's lore for the area. Obviously, the Tomb of the Nine Gods isn't the Tomb of Horrors, but we can place Omu near the Dread Marches, or between the marches and Zembar.

Given the fact that we know almost nothing of the isle, we can export places almost as they are in ToA. Now that I think about it, the free cities of Zembar have trade ties with Sarthel. Port Nyanzaru can be one of said free cities.

Here is the map for reference: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/Nerath_Map_HighRes.jpg
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Tim Baker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:12 am

That makes sense to me. Good suggestion.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Gord » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:25 am

I'd have to agree that the Isle fits better than anywhere else I can think of. I must confess that that the thought of entering all that information into Realm Works is a little daunting with my current level of spare time.
Gord
Kobold

Return to Nentir Vale