Reading Nentir Vale novels.

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.
Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Re: Reading Nentir Vale novels.

Post by Zeromaru X »

Well, Murmur (the nominal plague demon of the novel) also said that Toril is a different continuum from where he came. Murmur was one of the many plague demons spawned from the cultists of Tharizdun in the "Gates of Madness" novella.

So, I guess that, at least by 4e, the different prime materials were treated as different, interconnected universes, and the whole D&D settings were a multiverse in the true sense of the word. This interpretation changed by 5e, with only one prime material.

Anyways, the Nentir Vale gods are referenced in the novel. Demascus has drawn the holy symbols of all the gods he has served over his many lives in his tomb (the place where he is reborn after his deads). Those include the symbols of the Nentir Vale gods. When another character ask about these symbols (the character specifically points to a crow and an stylised eye -- the Raven Queen's and Ioun's symbols), Demascus answers saying they are gods from another world.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Reading Nentir Vale novels.

Post by Tim Baker »

Zeromaru X wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:48 am
Well, Murmur (the nominal plague demon of the novel) also said that Toril is a different continuum from where he came. Murmur was one of the many plague demons spawned from the cultists of Tharizdun in the "Gates of Madness" novella.
I need to go back and re-read Gates of Madness. It's been years since I read it.
Zeromaru X wrote:
So, I guess that, at least by 4e, the different prime materials were treated as different, interconnected universes, and the whole D&D settings were a multiverse in the true sense of the word. This interpretation changed by 5e, with only one prime material.
I think this warrants its own thread. :)
Zeromaru X wrote:
Anyways, the Nentir Vale gods are referenced in the novel. Demascus has drawn the holy symbols of all the gods he has served over his many lives in his tomb (the place where he is reborn after his deads). Those include the symbols of the Nentir Vale gods. When another character ask about these symbols (the character specifically points to a crow and an stylised eye -- the Raven Queen's and Ioun's symbols), Demascus answers saying they are gods from another world.
I like the nod to the Dawn War gods – one of my favorite fantasy pantheons.

Return to “Nentir Vale”