Circle of the Stars

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.

Circle of the Stars

Postby Big Mac » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:07 pm

Someone (I think it was Rip) recommended I buy Primal Power. It was cheap, so I picked it up.

I was reading about the Circle of the Stars (in the sidebar on page 93). It looks like this organisation explores Nentir Vale or Nerath's Underdark.

The "Warding Circles" section on page 89 suggests that typical warding circles have only one or two wardens at the circle and six or seven other members "rounding out the circle" (whatever that is supposed to mean).

Do we have the names/stats of any of the wardens or other members anywhere else (or is this something that GMs are expected to invent for themselves)?

Do the Circle of the Stars feature in any adventures or novels or are they only in this sidebar?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Circle of the Stars

Postby Zeromaru X » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:41 pm

Only in sidebar, sadly. And the Wardens circles are something you need to invent for yourself. The only one fleshed out is the Circle of Smoke and Whispers (in Dragon 390), and although it have an interesting background and that stuff, is up to GMs to use in their campaigns and stat its members as they see fit.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Re: Circle of the Stars

Postby Big Mac » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:06 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:Only in sidebar, sadly.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

Zeromaru X wrote:And the Wardens circles are something you need to invent for yourself. The only one fleshed out is the Circle of Smoke and Whispers (in Dragon 390), and although it have an interesting background and that stuff, is up to GMs to use in their campaigns and stat its members as they see fit.

Perhaps we could have a "Warden Circle Postfest", at some point, and have people create homebrew stats for Circles that other people can drop into their own Nentir Vale games.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Nentir Vale