Who is Zutwa of vestige pact fame?

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.

Who is Zutwa of vestige pact fame?

Postby Zeromaru X » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:42 am

MODERATOR NOTE (by Big Mac): Split from 4E: Analogue for Sentinel Marshals in Nentir Vale?:
darkbard wrote:Our resident sage to the rescue! Zero, that's damned near perfect. Now, while I have your attention, perhaps you can answer an unrelated question for me: who is Zutwa of vestige pact fame?

Hmm... that is a pretty hard one. Zutwa is only mentioned in the Arcane Power sourcebook, in a few blurbs from warlock powers related to the Vestige Pact. According to that pretty few bits of information, Zutwa was an entity of pure life force that was as tall as a mountain, and its body was made of bark, leaves, moss, and those natural stuff. For what it seems, Zutwa was neither a god nor a primordial. From description alone, its likely that it was a primal spirit, but that is my theory. On the other hand, Zutwa could be of the same species as the Guardian of the Living Gate (a being that was not a god or a primordial, but "kin to both").

Zutwa "died" in the Dawn War, protecting the world from a "primordial of manifest dissolution", though as you know, a vestige remained.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Re: Who is Zutwa of vestige pact fame?

Postby darkbard » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:26 am

That's far more than I had to go on before your reply! Thanks again!
darkbard
Kobold

Postby Big Mac » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:15 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:
darkbard wrote:Now, while I have your attention, perhaps you can answer an unrelated question for me: who is Zutwa of vestige pact fame?

Hmm... that is a pretty hard one. Zutwa is only mentioned in the Arcane Power sourcebook, in a few blurbs from warlock powers related to the Vestige Pact. According to that pretty few bits of information, Zutwa was an entity of pure life force that was as tall as a mountain, and its body was made of bark, leaves, moss, and those natural stuff. For what it seems, Zutwa was neither a god nor a primordial. From description alone, its likely that it was a primal spirit, but that is my theory. On the other hand, Zutwa could be of the same species as the Guardian of the Living Gate (a being that was not a god or a primordial, but "kin to both").

Zutwa "died" in the Dawn War, protecting the world from a "primordial of manifest dissolution", though as you know, a vestige remained.

The Book-House on The Piazza doesn't have Arcane Power listed as being part of the Nentir Vale category. Is that one that needs to be moved over? :?

Zutwa reminds me a bit of the Maztican goddess Maztica.

What's with the "vestige" thing? Is this similar to the people worshipping dead deities in Forgotten Realms?

Are there Zutwa worshippers/cultists trying to bring Zutwa back to life?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Zeromaru X » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:05 pm

All the "Power" books are Nentir Vale. So, yes, they should've in that category.

As for Zutwa, there is nothing beyond what I said about it, beside the fact that is now a vestige and that some warlocks search for it to make a pact with it.

As for vestiges, 3.x had the concept as well, but if you're not familiar with it, a vestige are the remains of a powerful being (not necessarily a god, though gods can become vestiges as well), that still possess some of its power and can grant it to someone in exchange for something (usually, life force to remain alive).
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Return to Nentir Vale