Kulnoghrim (demon lord)

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.
darkbard
Goblin

Kulnoghrim (demon lord)

Post by darkbard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:37 pm

The Vestige pact Warlock Paragon Path Umbral Cabalist focuses its fiction around the vestige of a long vanquished demon lord called Kulnoghrim. Aside from the scant information in the PP's write up, has anyone encountered anything else that might hint at Kulnoghrim's story?

Here is the text: "Centuries ago, a powerful covenant of warlocks known as the Umbral Cabal summoned a demon lord to do its bidding. The demon, known as Kulnoghrim the Terrible, committed such horrific deeds of carnage and madness that it became too much for the warlocks to bear. The group bound the fiend by using a forbidden ritual, destroying themselves in the process and leaving Kulnoghrim to languish into obscurity."

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Re: Kulnoghrim (demon lord)

Post by Zeromaru X » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Sadly, there is no info about Kulnoghrim besides that small paragraph in Dungeon 383. And I don't believe that he had debuted in a previous edition or something.

darkbard
Goblin

Post by darkbard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:36 pm

That's what I reckoned (and my Compendium search suggested), but I just wanted to double check in case there was some bit of lore tucked away somewhere of which I was unaware. I figured you would have a reliable answer on the matter, though, Zeromaru, so thanks!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:47 pm

I wonder if you could look at other demon lords to see if you can infer anything about what Kulnoghrim is like, from any of them. :?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Seethyr
Fire Giant

Post by Seethyr » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 pm

A lack of lore is just more opportunity to make your own. This seems pretty easy to expand upon.
All Maztica Alive Netbooks Available in the Link:The Maztica Alive Campaign

Newest Book: TWC6 True World Bestiary II - Monsters A-H

Maztica Alive! Yahoo Group Join Us

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:16 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:Sadly, there is no info about Kulnoghrim besides that small paragraph in Dungeon 383.
I can't find a Dungeon 383. Do you mean Dragon 383? Is it the The Art of Binding: Warlock Vestiges article? :?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:50 pm

Yeah, that one. My bad there.

darkbard
Goblin

Post by darkbard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:38 pm

Seethyr wrote:A lack of lore is just more opportunity to make your own. This seems pretty easy to expand upon.
Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. I was just curious if there was any canon information that might be interesting as a springboard for such.

Return to “Nentir Vale”