Let's Read the Nentir Vale in Order of Release!

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.
Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Re: Let's Read the Nentir Vale in Order of Release!

Post by Zeromaru X » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:56 am

I was going to say the same. The Monster Manual is really full of lore. And the first one is lite (too many generic monsters) compared with the other two and the Vaults.

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:21 pm

Well, seems I missed some of the stuff you've found here. And I said (and still do) that the first MM is the lore-lite one :lol:

It seems an update to my history document is looming on the horizon.

DMSamuel
Hobgoblin

Post by DMSamuel » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:42 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:21 pm
Well, seems I missed some of the stuff you've found here.
Oh, good! I like when you say that because it makes me feel that this project is useful :D
Zeromaru X wrote:
And I said (and still do) that the first MM is the lore-lite one :lol:
LOL - I know - I was thinking it would be as much of a breeze as the PHB, but it is just packed FULL of stuff. For example, I did individual devils and demons, but skipped the write-ups about the abyss and the Nine Hells. I'll go back to those, of course, but I just couldn't get it all in in this stretch.

I remember people complaining that the 4e Monster Manual was fluff-lite and didn't have enough about the background and history of the creatures. Heck, I think I even said that at the time as well, coming off of the 2 page write-ups (including ecology & behavior) from the second edition Monstrous Compendium, this thing felt lacking in information. Turns out they had just learned how to be as concise as possible and I (and others) were just not reading close enough!
Zeromaru X wrote:
It seems an update to my history document is looming on the horizon.
Don't be too hasty - I still have a ways to go - I might find even more stuff just in the MM1.
-- DMSamuel --

RPGMusings.com

@DMSamuel

Return to “Nentir Vale”