Other Nentir Vale websites

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.

Other Nentir Vale websites

Postby Havard » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:36 pm

NENTIR VALE WEBSITES:

FORUMS & COMMUNITY:

FREE NENTIR VALE DOWNLOADS:
  • Welcome to 4th Edition/Quick Start Rules - These quick-start rules provide an overview of the game so that you can play the Keep on the Shadowfell adventure.
  • H1 Keep on the Shadowfell - This is the first published adventure using the 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons rules.
  • Ghost Tower of the Witchlight Fens - An adventure for one 1st level character that follows on from the adventure included in the D&D Fantasy RPG (red box).
  • Wolf Runners of the Trade Road - An encounter based on the novel: The Mark of Nerath.
  • Calastryx - Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale preview.
  • Wandering Tower - Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale preview (with design notes on the download page).
  • Abyssal Plague Demons - Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale preview.
  • Hound of Ill Omen - Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale preview.
  • P2 Hooks P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring The Saruun Mages, A New Threat and Mysterious Map and advice for new hooks).
  • Quests - preview from ?
  • P2 Adventure Introduction P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring a short description of the history of an Underdark settlement called Phaervorul).
  • P2 Adventure Hooks P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring The Saruun Mages, A New Threat and Mysterious Map and advice for new hooks).
  • P2 Dealing with the Drow P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring a longer description of Phaevorul, including a map, and some encounters within the settlement).
  • P2 Monsters: Yochlol P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring a Lolth-serving monster called the Yochlol).
  • P2 L15: Chamber of Suffering P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring a full encounter in area L15).
  • P2 V5: Gate of Death P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring a full encounter in area V5).
  • A Nentir Vale Gazetteer Fanon replacement for Gazetteer: The Nentir Vale being developed by Zeromaru X
  • [urlhttp://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=16463]History of the Nentir Vale[/url] Fanon netbook by Zeromaru X

-Havard
Last edited by Havard on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 10 times in total.

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Nentir Vale websites?

Postby Big Mac » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:34 am

WotC's stuff and reviews currently seem to be dominating the search engine results, but with a bit of digging it might be possible to get past that and find other stuff.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Here are three good links, all to WotC's site (DDI not required):

Land of Heroes Wiki
Geographic Regions of the Nentir Vale
Further Exploring the Nentir Vale

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:34 pm

That one is a follow up to: Dangers of the Nentir Vale (the article I grabbed the forum blurb from).

The full list of "Steal This Hook" articles set in Nentir Vale include:

I looked in the archive for more Nentir Vale articles, but could not find any. Mind you, I could not even find Wildfire Dangers. I wouldn't have known that was Nentir Vale, were it not for the map. Perhaps some of our Nentir Vale experts can recognise more WotC articles from the names of individual towns, villages and other elements of the setting.

There is also a Nentir Vale community at WotC.

And the products page for Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale has 15 excerpts in the Related Articles section.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby dfryer36 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:10 pm

This thread should probably be given a sticky. Also my Blood of Heroes wiki (see my sig) is my attempt at converting the information we have for use with Pathfinder. I am slowly but surely getting more work done on that.
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Dragon Turtle » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:16 pm

dfryer36 wrote:This thread should probably be given a sticky.

Done :)

-DT
This is Havard's Alternate Account
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group so that you can stay in touch.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Junior admin at The Piazza. My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Dragon Turtle
Initiate

Postby Big Mac » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:40 am

Hey Havard. I rolled a 20 on a search for a possible Greyhawk location called "Shadowfell Keep" and stumbled onto these two Nentir Vale downloads. I've followed your format, so you can copy and past them:

FREE NENTIR VALE DOWNLOADS:

WotC have done their usual thing of pulling down the page that links to this (in actual fact it redirects another page that redirects to another page that redirects to another page - etc, etc, etc - and eventually redirects to the D&D homepage. But the downloads are still there.

The first download is just rules, but for anyone who plays pre-4e rules, it is going to be very useful for understanding the crunchy stuff in the second download.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Other Nentir Vale websites

Postby Havard » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:01 am

Great finds BM!

First post updated to include those links. Is the Piazza becoming the ultimate Nentir Vale resource? :cool:

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:31 am

Havard wrote:Great finds BM!

First post updated to include those links. Is the Piazza becoming the ultimate Nentir Vale resource? :cool:

Thanks for the complement Havard. :D

This subforum is still growing, but it certainly does look like we have the number one Nentir Vale forum here. I still find it bizarre that WotC does not have a Nentir Vale forum on its own website. If they were supporting their own setting, we might be fighting for that number one spot.

I do see another forum/website, that is someone's personal campaign website. I can't see a proper name, so I'm going to give the link a pretty weird one (but if you follow the website, you will see why I've called it that):

Nentir Vale: What's that thing on her foot? - A 4e D&D campaign website, with some pages that give good background information on the Nentir Vale area.

I'm not sure if this would go in the Nentir Vale Websites section (as it is a website) or in the Forums and Communities section (as it also has its own forum), but I hope we can make contact with these guys, as they look like they are creating their own homebrew adventures for the Nentir Vale area, and that could be very useful for other GMs.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:40 am

Added the site to the Websites section, as the Forum is really secondary to the site itself. Also, I assume the forum is there to discuss the campaign, not the setting in general.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Havard wrote:Added the site to the Websites section, as the Forum is really secondary to the site itself. Also, I assume the forum is there to discuss the campaign, not the setting in general.

Thanks Havard!

It looks like the forum is a campaign forum. I noticed one post where someone was talking about getting married and the chances that they would still be able to play online.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:44 pm

<bing-bong>Paging Mr Havard</bing-bong>

I just rolled a 20, while searching for something else and stumbled onto another link for the free Nentir Vale downloads:

Ghost Tower of the Witchlight Fens - An adventure for one 1st level character that follows on from the adventure included in the D&D Fantasy RPG (red box).

Strangely, the adventure is designed to be played without the assistance of a GM, and is kind-of a hybrid between D&D and Endless Quest! :cool:
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Good find :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:31 pm

More for the Free Nentir Downloads section (mostly — but not totally — previews, before you get too excited):

• Wolf Runners of the Trade Road - An encounter based on the novel: The Mark of Nerath.
  • Calastryx - Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale preview.
  • Wandering Tower - Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale preview (with design notes on the download page).
  • Abyssal Plague Demons - Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale preview.
  • Hound of Ill Omen - Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale preview.
  • P2 Hooks P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring The Saruun Mages, A New Threat and Mysterious Map and advice for new hooks).
  • Quests - preview from ?.

The Quests file is a preview from something, but I'm not sure what yet.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Cool :)

I have added them to the list. Couldnt figure out the mystery preview myself either... :P

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:13 am

Havard wrote:I have added them to the list. Couldnt figure out the mystery preview myself either... :P

Page 7 states that the product is an adventure, and it comes with one or more "Treasure Cards". Maybe one of our Nentir Vale experts has a copy and can identify it.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby dfryer36 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:55 am

I couldn't place it either, but a quick search places it as part of the adventure Madness at Gardmore Abby
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby rol-oeste » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:31 am

dfryer36 wrote:I couldn't place it either, but a quick search places it as part of the adventure Madness at Gardmore Abby

Its right. Is a preview from Book 2 - "Enemies and Allies" (Madness at Gardmore Abby is a boxed product).

Sergio :-)
rol-oeste
Hobgoblin

Postby Big Mac » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:31 am

Big Mac wrote:

I found another five P2 previews, plus that one above is supposed to be called Adventure Hooks. Please replace that one with these six:

• P2 Adventure Introduction P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring a short description of the history of an Underdark settlement called Phaervorul).
  • P2 Adventure Hooks P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring The Saruun Mages, A New Threat and Mysterious Map and advice for new hooks).
  • P2 Dealing with the Drow P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring a longer description of Phaevorul, including a map, and some encounters within the settlement).
  • P2 Monsters: Yochlol P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring a Lolth-serving monster called the Yochlol).
  • P2 L15: Chamber of Suffering P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring a full encounter in area L15).
  • P2 V5: Gate of Death P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave preview (featuring a full encounter in area V5).

I may be wrong, but I think I recognise the map from the Dealing with the Drow download.

(If it is the Vault of the Drow map, that would locate this adventure across the sea to the east of Nentir Vale, within Karkoth. See the High Res Map of Nerath.)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Wizards of the Coast finally set up a forum!!!

Nentir Vale and Beyond

The first post is by crazy_monkey (who I once had a nice chat about Council of Wyrms with).
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Good work,
the OP has now been updated :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Angel Tarragon » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:16 am

It isn't much, but Nentir Vale has a presence on the City of Brass site.

https://cityofbrass.io/wb/nentir-vale
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:36 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:It isn't much, but Nentir Vale has a presence on the City of Brass site.

https://cityofbrass.io/wb/nentir-vale

Thanks Angel.

It looks like you get free 30 day access at City of Brass and then have to pay. I'm guessing that the person who started on this didn't want to pay to continue to add content.

I've also added links to TWO free netbooks that Zeromaru X is devloping on The Piazza. :cool:
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Angel Tarragon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:32 pm

Happy to help! :)

One of those links you just added isn't url formatted correctly.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Gord » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:40 am

I thought I would mention that all of the first six links (to the WOTC sites) just go to their main page or come up dead. Very common since they redid everything a couple of years ago.
Gord
Kobold

Next

Return to Nentir Vale