The Fall Of Nerath

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.

The Fall Of Nerath

Postby dfryer36 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:04 pm

So when was the fall of Nerath exactly? I know that in the "Mark of Nerath" one of the characters was said to be the great grandson of the last emperor, so that would put the fall sometime within the last 100 years or so. However, if the fall of Nerath was a gradual collapse rather than a sudden dramatic event then it could have began 100 years or more before that. Which do you prefer, gradual collapse or sudden event?
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
dfryer36
White Dragon

Re: The Fall Of Nerath

Postby Paladyn » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:59 am

I think Nerath fell about 50-80 years ago. Bloodspear War and Fallcrest's raze happened fifty years ago. From what I remeber it was said that people of it and Nentir Vale were safe from empire's fall for short period of time. Thinking in generation's scale it would be about thirty years.
Paladyn
Gnoll

Re: The Fall Of Nerath

Postby Zeromaru X » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:12 pm

Raise dead!!

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I was delving in the forum and I found this is a really interesting topic.

On topic.

For what it seems Nerath, nominally fell like a century before the current age, according to the article "Nerathi Legends: Sarthel, City of Silver", in Dragon 399. The "Playing Warforged" (Dragon 364) states that after the destruction of Nera, there were a few decades of regional wars among the surviving nobles who had enough power to get armies.

So, I'm with Paladyn: generational speaking, Nerath would have ended a generation ago.

I guess, I have to make a correction in the dates of my historical document.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Return to Nentir Vale