Expanded Nentir Vale map (by Verlox)

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Expanded Nentir Vale map (by Verlox)

Post by Big Mac » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:34 pm

A Photobox user, by the name of Verlox, has created a map called: The Nentir Vale, Surrounding Lands, and the North Sea:
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94 ... andthe.jpg

I can't link to the image here, as it is too big to fit on the forum.

The expanded areas of the map clash with what WotC put in their Map of Nerath, however the map may be very useful to people that do not want to use the wider Nerath area.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Expanded Nentir Vale map (by Verlox)

Post by Havard » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:06 pm

That's pretty good work they have done there. :)

I wonder if the Conquest of Nerath Board Game should be seen as the definite Nentir Vale setting or whether it could be seen as just one of many possible ways to use the Nentir Vale. :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Expanded Nentir Vale map (by Verlox)

Post by Big Mac » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Havard wrote:That's pretty good work they have done there. :)

I wonder if the Conquest of Nerath Board Game should be seen as the definite Nentir Vale setting or whether it could be seen as just one of many possible ways to use the Nentir Vale. :)
I would be tempted to regard Nerath as canon for a Nentir Vale campaign, but there does seem to be less information about it, so that could be problematic. I've got to say that the shape of the big Conquest of Nerath map kind of reminds me of one of the Wilderlands maps I saw, but I think that Wilderlands has a lot more official and fan support.

Verlox seems to be a very good map maker and I wonder if they created their map before the Conquest of Nerath boardgame was produced. If you are working on an in-print campaign setting, you always face the risk of canon coming along and stomping on your well crafted fanon. :shock:

I'm pretty sure I saw another fanon map of an area close to Nentir Vale that had sea to the west of it. IIRC, they had sea to the south west instead of the north west. If I can find it again, I'll post a link to it (for comparison).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Nentir Vale”