Check this out: fantastic map of the Nentir Vale!

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Check this out: fantastic map of the Nentir Vale!

Post by Knightfall » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:39 am

... link to EN World.
Agatheron's Nentir Vale Map

Or just the map...
...on photobucket
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Check this out: fantastic map of the Nentir Vale!

Post by Big Mac » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:22 am

That is beautiful. I wonder if Agatheron is still doing stuff for Nentir Vale.

It would be great to have another Nentir Vale fan over here. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Agatheron
Kobold

Post by Agatheron » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:10 pm

"Still" is a relative term. Considering that I made that Nentir Vale map just last week, I suppose "still" would be "yes." I followed the enworld link over to here and figured I'd register. :)

My hope is to work this map similar to how Pete Fenlon originally did his Middle-earth maps: borderless and essentially expandable without any real limits on it. Of course, file size and practicality might mean setting up several files using Campaign Cartographer 3 and stitching them together, rather than doing it as one monstrous file.

At the moment, I'm working on an expanded map of the village of Albridge in Harkenwold for my players to plan out the battle that comes in the Reavers of Harkenwold adventure. :)

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Hi Agatheron,
welcome to the Piazza! :)

That is one great map! Makes me wish the Nentir Vale had been a larger area.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:36 am

Agatheron wrote:"Still" is a relative term. Considering that I made that Nentir Vale map just last week, I suppose "still" would be "yes." I followed the enworld link over to here and figured I'd register. :)
Doh! :oops:

I guess I got confused by the talk of you writing stuff for ICE ages back and had in my head that it was something you did a while back.

Welcome to The Piazza. Thanks for coming over.
Agatheron wrote:My hope is to work this map similar to how Pete Fenlon originally did his Middle-earth maps: borderless and essentially expandable without any real limits on it. Of course, file size and practicality might mean setting up several files using Campaign Cartographer 3 and stitching them together, rather than doing it as one monstrous file.
Have you been following Anna Meyer's Atlas of the Flanaess? Now there is a map that goes on and on and on. I've only been following it for the last couple of years, but apparently she has been adding to it for ten years.
Agatheron wrote:At the moment, I'm working on an expanded map of the village of Albridge in Harkenwold for my players to plan out the battle that comes in the Reavers of Harkenwold adventure. :)
Sounds good. :cool:
Havard wrote:Hi Agatheron,
welcome to the Piazza! :)
I don't know how much of the ENWorld thread you read, but you might be interested to know that Agatheron is one of the designers that worked on the Middle-earth Role Playing product line for Iron Crown Enterprises.

@Agatheron: Havard is The Piazza's resident "celebrity spotter" :P and keeps a list of the "Celebrities on The Piazza". Maybe you might see someone on his list that you know. :) Middle Earth and the Lord of the Rings films have come up quite a lot at The Piazza. But we haven't really had much talk about the MERP game (or other ICE products) at The Piazza. (We talk a lot more about D&D or things that are connected directly or indirectly in some way to D&D.) I did see one thread called Middle Earth Roleplaying Game. If you are willing to talk to a bunch of nerds about your work at ICE, maybe we could all learn a bit more about how the MERP product line evolved.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Nentir Vale”