Where is the Kingdoms of Kalamar fanon?

Feel the grit between your teeth, taste the blood in your mouth and smell the laurels of success.

Moderator: night_druid

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Where is the Kingdoms of Kalamar fanon?

Post by Big Mac » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:33 am

There are two things I've noticed about Kingdoms of Kalamar, that make it stand out from some of the other D&D campaign settings I'm interested in:

The first is that Kenzer & Co have not dropped it out of print, so it has a long history of canon support over three editions of rules.

The second (and the one I'd love to discuss here) is the apparent lack of fan support.

Other campaign settings have some really awesome fansites supporting them (like Dragonlance Nexus, Canonfire!, Spelljammer: Beyond the Moons). Some have awesome fanon netbooks (like the Adlatum Campaign Setting that bolts onto Dragonlance or the Crimson Sphere crossover campaign for Spelljammer and Dark Sun).

Even if it isn't fanon, other settings have fans that turn out things like conversions to other rulesets (like C&C) or some pretty awesome fan art.

We have a number of stickies at The Piazza, for collecting together a list of all the cool things fans make, but I don't really see that sort of stuff when I search for Kingdoms of Kalamar content on Google. I'm not sure if that is because the fans that have made stuff have pages that have a much lower page rank than the pages of people trying to sell new and second-hand KoK content, but I just don't see much out there.

I did find a small website about Kingdoms of Kalamar at Denakhan's Lair. That looked pretty promising, but I can't find the maps he was saying he would be creating, so it might be an abandoned project. But I would expect to see more stuff, like homebrew adventures set in Kalamar and even pages telling people how to convert generic adventures over to KoK.

Are there any KoK fan products or projects out there?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

KJSEvans
Goblin

Re: Where is the Kingdoms of Kalamar fanon?

Post by KJSEvans » Wed May 01, 2013 5:00 am

I predict you'll be seeing some pretty significant fan site support of Kalamar in the near future. ;)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Where is the Kingdoms of Kalamar fanon?

Post by Big Mac » Sat May 04, 2013 8:12 am

KJSEvans wrote:I predict you'll be seeing some pretty significant fan site support of Kalamar in the near future. ;)
Ooooo! That sounds good. Keep me posted. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Kingdoms of Kalamar”