Kalamar: The Unknown Lands of the North

Feel the grit between your teeth, taste the blood in your mouth and smell the laurels of success.

Moderator: night_druid

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Re: Kalamar: The Unknown Lands of the North

Post by night_druid » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Big Mac wrote:Are there any iconic sea ports in Tellene that are close to the Unknown Lands (or other parts of the map that Kenzer & Co have developed)?

I would have thought that the seafarers would have a bit of trade off of the edge of the map.
I'd think at least local ships would travel past the boundaries of the map, and even to distant lands. Heck, there's been trade between Europe and China since the Roman times, and that's far more distant than just about any place on Tellene.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:16 pm

night_druid wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Are there any iconic sea ports in Tellene that are close to the Unknown Lands (or other parts of the map that Kenzer & Co have developed)?

I would have thought that the seafarers would have a bit of trade off of the edge of the map.
I'd think at least local ships would travel past the boundaries of the map, and even to distant lands. Heck, there's been trade between Europe and China since the Roman times, and that's far more distant than just about any place on Tellene.
I think this is an area where campaign settings (not necessarily Kingdoms of Kalamar) are often flawed. I realise settings have to finish somewhere, but ports definitely need to have trade routes that lead to off map areas.

How much is written about these "lands to the east" in Salt and the Sea Dogs? And does anyone know of another area that is mentioned anywhere?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

George.Fields
Hobgoblin

Post by George.Fields » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Big Mac wrote:
night_druid wrote:
Big Mac wrote:And does anyone know of another area that is mentioned anywhere?
Not in anything published other than in the Reanaaria Bay section, elves are mentioned to have come from the west, stayed a few decades, and moved on to the east.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:06 am

Thanks George.

I can only hope that the new HackMaster product line adds bit of detail at some point.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Kingdoms of Kalamar”