Inspiration for non-Kalamar games?

Feel the grit between your teeth, taste the blood in your mouth and smell the laurels of success.

Moderator: night_druid

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Inspiration for non-Kalamar games?

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:31 am

Which books out of the Kalamar library are the best ones to garner inspiration from for non-Kalamar games?

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: Inspiration for non-Kalamar games?

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:07 am

Anyone? Bueller?

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:45 am

Angel Tarragon wrote:Which books out of the Kalamar library are the best ones to garner inspiration from for non-Kalamar games?
I think you can raid from any book, but it depends on what your motivation is.

Some books are going to be better for background material, others are going to be better for rules and still others are adventures.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:23 am

Big Mac wrote:Some books are going to be better for background material, others are going to be better for rules and still others are adventures.
The Villain Design Handbook I think might hold the most promise for non Kalamar games. How well does it stack up against the 2E DMGR The Complete Book of Villains?

The Dark
Troll

Post by The Dark » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:13 pm

I like the various racial books (Fury in the Wastelands, Strength & Honor, the two Friend & Foe books (elves and bugbears, gnomes and kobolds)). I've never seen the dark elf Blood & Shadows book, and the dwarf and goblin book was never published.

The Dark
Troll

Post by The Dark » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:22 pm

The Dark wrote:I like the various racial books (Fury in the Wastelands, Strength & Honor, the two Friend & Foe books (elves and bugbears, gnomes and kobolds)). I've never seen the dark elf Blood & Shadows book, and the dwarf and goblin book was never published.
Naturally, less than a week after I say I've never seen a copy of Blood & Shadows, I find it for sale in a store for 25% off cover price. :D

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:28 pm

The Dark wrote:
The Dark wrote:I like the various racial books (Fury in the Wastelands, Strength & Honor, the two Friend & Foe books (elves and bugbears, gnomes and kobolds)). I've never seen the dark elf Blood & Shadows book, and the dwarf and goblin book was never published.
Naturally, less than a week after I say I've never seen a copy of Blood & Shadows, I find it for sale in a store for 25% off cover price. :D
Did you buy it?

Was it any good? (And is it good for raiding for other settings or best for people playing Kalamar games?)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Kingdoms of Kalamar”