How big is the German Kalamar community?

Feel the grit between your teeth, taste the blood in your mouth and smell the laurels of success.

Moderator: night_druid

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

How big is the German Kalamar community?

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:01 am

I just found out that there is a German version of the Kingdoms of Kalamar Campaign Setting, called Königreiche von Kalamar.

What's the German fanbase like? Is anyone in the English fanbase in touch with German fans?

How much of the rest of the Kingdoms of Kalamar product line has been translated into German? Is there anything in German, that does not exist in English?

Have any German fans been translating any of the English fan material?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

George.Fields
Hobgoblin

Re: How big is the German Kalamar community?

Post by George.Fields » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:30 pm

I don't know how big the fanbase ever was, but a German sub-forum used to be active on the K&Co website.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:30 pm

George.Fields wrote:I don't know how big the fanbase ever was, but a German sub-forum used to be active on the K&Co website.
Thanks George.

Do you know if any of the German fans have created any fan matrial?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

cyric
Orc

Post by cyric » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:12 pm

Not that I am aware of. If you sell Kalamar stuff on ebay you only generate hand full of bucks from it. So I guess the fan community is nearl null.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:52 pm

cyric wrote:Not that I am aware of. If you sell Kalamar stuff on ebay you only generate hand full of bucks from it. So I guess the fan community is nearl null.
I suppose that is a good indicator. :)

Shipping costs must also add to the total-cost-of-ownership, so I suppose that - if German Kingdoms of Kalamar fans have to pay a lot more cash in shipping costs - they would not want to pay a lot of money for the product, on top of that.

Return to “Kingdoms of Kalamar”