[The Horde] Horde monster conversion completed

Between East and West, between Earth and Sky, lies the Endless Waste.

[The Horde] Horde monster conversion completed

Postby Big Mac » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:08 pm

If you like The Horde and play 3rd edition D&D, you will be very pleased to know that it has officially just joined Maztica and become the second D&D campaign setting to have 100 percent of its monsters converted over to 3rd edition D&D.

You can find a complete list of Horde monsters in the Creature Catalogue section of the ENWorld forums. Specifically it is in the following thread:
Pocket reference: Creatures from the Horde setting

EDIT: Thread title changed to add meaning.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [The Horde] Horde monster conversion completed

Postby Seethyr » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:28 am

This is awesome.

I tried hunting through Deviant Art trying to find artwork that might closely resemble the creatures described. I couldn’t find as many as I had hoped, but maybe it could add a face to some of these beasts. As I find more, I’ll continue to update this.

Ambuchar Devayam/Tan Chin
Centaur, Nomadic
Dowagu
Dragon, Dzalmaus
Gaumahavi, Greater Purple Dragon
Horse, Nars
Horse, Semphari
Horse, Sosser
Horse, Steppe
Horse, Raurin
Manggus (Greater Spirit)
Manni
Monkey (Greater Spirit)
Morin
Sand Cat
Sandiraksiva, The Black Courser
Shatjan
Shimnus (Greater Spirit)
All Maztica Alive Netbooks Available in the Link:The Maztica Alive Campaign

Newest Book: TWC6 True World Bestiary II - Monsters A-H

Maztica Alive! Yahoo Group Join Us
Seethyr
Frost Giant

Postby Big Mac » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Wow! Are you thinking of making a "Monsters of The Horde" netbook for Candlekeep?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Seethyr » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Big Mac wrote:Wow! Are you thinking of making a "Monsters of The Horde" netbook for Candlekeep?

I would love to see someone take up the Horde torch and I'd certainly love to help create monsters for it and such. Unfortunately the time to put a whole project together at this point is just too much :( . Particularly since I'm still working on a bunch of Maztica projects.

If there are any takers though... ;)

Seethyr
Frost Giant

Postby Big Mac » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:44 am

Seethyr wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Wow! Are you thinking of making a "Monsters of The Horde" netbook for Candlekeep?

I would love to see someone take up the Horde torch and I'd certainly love to help create monsters for it and such. Unfortunately the time to put a whole project together at this point is just too much :( . Particularly since I'm still working on a bunch of Maztica projects.

I think your work for Maztica is probably too important for you to get diverted into other settings.

But maybe there is some sort of inspiration (for Maztica Alive stuff) that you can take from the nomadic cultures in The Horde. Or maybe there are some monsters that might work well in both areas of Toril. It certainly would not hurt to look at the setting and see what is interesting about it.

Seethyr wrote:If there are any takers though... ;)

There may be someone out there. Or someone might see The Horde and fall in love with it enough to want to look after it.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Seethyr » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:44 am

Big Mac wrote:
Seethyr wrote:

I think your work for Maztica is probably too important for you to get diverted into other settings.

But maybe there is some sort of inspiration (for Maztica Alive stuff) that you can take from the nomadic cultures in The Horde. Or maybe there are some monsters that might work well in both areas of Toril. It certainly would not hurt to look at the setting and see what is interesting about it.

Seethyr wrote:If there are any takers though... ;)

There may be someone out there. Or someone might see The Horde and fall in love with it enough to want to look after it.

Quite differently from many gamers, I really love these pseudo-cultural settings, even when they seem a bit too RL. An errant dzalmus dragon might certainly have made its way over to Maztica somehow!

If someone began creating material for the Horde, I think monsters really would be the best place to start. Who doesn't love new monsters? Also, almost anyone from any campaign could find them useful. Monsters are a good way to introduce others to a setting imo.

Seethyr
Frost Giant

Postby Big Mac » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:58 pm

Seethyr wrote:Quite differently from many gamers, I really love these pseudo-cultural settings, even when they seem a bit too RL. An errant dzalmus dragon might certainly have made its way over to Maztica somehow!

I think you can question the implementation, in some places (as you can for any other campaign setting) but I think the basic concepts allow you to gain access to some of the stuff from Legends & Lore.

Seethyr wrote:If someone began creating material for the Horde, I think monsters really would be the best place to start. Who doesn't love new monsters? Also, almost anyone from any campaign could find them useful. Monsters are a good way to introduce others to a setting imo.

Monsters could certainly help expand the existing setting. Magic (or maybe mundane) items might also add a bit of value to The Horde.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to The Horde