[Kulan] Western Kanpur|Bluffside PbP Campaign Guide

The homebrew world of Knightfall.

Moderators: Idabrius, Knightfall

Re: Kulan PbP Campaign Guide: Western Kanpur|Bluffside

Postby Knightfall » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:31 pm

MacConnell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:There is a file uploaded on the Kulan Community that details all the domains for Kulan, as well as a file for the homebrewed Kulan domain spells.

Okay, Thanks... While I am completely lost on that, how should I handle my starting equipment?

There is a chart in the DMG (p. 135) that shows the starting gold for higher level PCs. As a 6th-level character, your PC starts with 13,000 gp worth of equipment including any magic items you want to pick.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4199
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Kulan PbP Campaign Guide: Western Kanpur|Bluffside

Postby MacConnell » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:35 pm

There are those who believe the lies they tell themselves. I am not one of those people.
User avatar
MacConnell
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:14 pm
Location: Boga City, The Untamed Wilds

Re: Kulan PbP Campaign Guide: Western Kanpur|Bluffside

Postby Knightfall » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:24 pm

MacConnell wrote:Here is the post on En World:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread ... ost7060750

Looks good, but what his second domain going to be?
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4199
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Kulan PbP Campaign Guide: Western Kanpur|Bluffside

Postby MacConnell » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:27 pm

I chose Balance for my second Domain. I should be finished with equipment, today, and be ready to go.
There are those who believe the lies they tell themselves. I am not one of those people.
User avatar
MacConnell
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:14 pm
Location: Boga City, The Untamed Wilds

Re: Kulan PbP Campaign Guide: Western Kanpur|Bluffside

Postby Knightfall » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:05 pm

MacConnell wrote:I chose Balance for my second Domain. I should be finished with equipment, today, and be ready to go.

Okay, just to let you know, I'm taknig this weekend off from posting replies for all my pbp games, but if you want to think about your PCs introduction and bounce some ideas off me, I'll be lurking around the boards.

I would say he's best to start at the embassy. Maybe waiting to meet the Dragori Ambassador, Simissin Elisine Nisselim. Note that the embassy is made of reddish-orange stone imported in from the Burning Sands. five-foot thick walls surround the grounds of the embassy and the entry is through black iron gates, designed with a long, curling dragon worked into an intricate maze-work.The gates are guarded day and night. There are sand gardens with exotic blooms and mineral formations in the courtyard. All pathways are made of black volcanic stones. The main building has many exotic treasures on display, which is meant to show the imposing power of the Dragori Empire.

You can decided if you want your PC to arrive at the front of the gate or to already be inside.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4199
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Kulan PbP Campaign Guide: Western Kanpur|Bluffside

Postby willpell » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:00 am

That Burning Sands wouldn't by any chance be inspired by the Legend thereof, would it?
User avatar
willpell
White Dragon
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: Kulan PbP Campaign Guide: Western Kanpur|Bluffside

Postby MacConnell » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:32 pm

Knightfall wrote:I would say he's best to start at the embassy. Maybe waiting to meet the Dragori Ambassador, Simissin Elisine Nisselim. Note that the embassy is made of reddish-orange stone imported in from the Burning Sands. five-foot thick walls surround the grounds of the embassy and the entry is through black iron gates, designed with a long, curling dragon worked into an intricate maze-work.The gates are guarded day and night. There are sand gardens with exotic blooms and mineral formations in the courtyard. All pathways are made of black volcanic stones. The main building has many exotic treasures on display, which is meant to show the imposing power of the Dragori Empire.

You can decided if you want your PC to arrive at the front of the gate or to already be inside.


I have an introduction on the En World site that fits well with this as I used information that you had already provided. I think it suit to say that Thersean is already inside having properly introduced himself to gain that access.
There are those who believe the lies they tell themselves. I am not one of those people.
User avatar
MacConnell
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:14 pm
Location: Boga City, The Untamed Wilds

Re: Kulan PbP Campaign Guide: Western Kanpur|Bluffside

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:53 pm

willpell wrote:That Burning Sands wouldn't by any chance be inspired by the Legend thereof, would it?

It's from a d20 sourcebook published by the same company that published Bluffside.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4199
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Kulan PbP Campaign Guide: Western Kanpur|Bluffside

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:59 pm

MacConnell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:I would say he's best to start at the embassy. Maybe waiting to meet the Dragori Ambassador, Simissin Elisine Nisselim. Note that the embassy is made of reddish-orange stone imported in from the Burning Sands. five-foot thick walls surround the grounds of the embassy and the entry is through black iron gates, designed with a long, curling dragon worked into an intricate maze-work.The gates are guarded day and night. There are sand gardens with exotic blooms and mineral formations in the courtyard. All pathways are made of black volcanic stones. The main building has many exotic treasures on display, which is meant to show the imposing power of the Dragori Empire.

You can decided if you want your PC to arrive at the front of the gate or to already be inside.


I have an introduction on the En World site that fits well with this as I used information that you had already provided. I think it suit to say that Thersean is already inside having properly introduced himself to gain that access.

Well, when you get a chance re-post it here: In-Character Thread.

EDIT: Whoops, that was the wrong IC thread. [Link fixed.] :facepalm:
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4199
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Kulan PbP Campaign Guide: Western Kanpur|Bluffside

Postby willpell » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:12 pm

Knightfall wrote:
willpell wrote:That Burning Sands wouldn't by any chance be inspired by the Legend thereof, would it?

It's from a d20 sourcebook published by the same company that published Bluffside.


So "no", then. Too bad. LBS is a spin-off of L5R, and I know there's D20 material for that (it is in fact the default setting for the 3E "Oriental Adventures" sourcebook), but to the best of my knowledge, the LBS half was never converted, since it didn't take off the way its progenitor had. But it would definitely be cool to have an RPG feature the Ashalan and Qadi and Ra'Shari and Ebonites, among other cool things that setting featured.
User avatar
willpell
White Dragon
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: Kulan PbP Campaign Guide: Western Kanpur|Bluffside

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:27 am

Thistle Ravenwood
---------------------------------------
Female Wood Elf Paladin 5 / Elf Paragon 1
LG medium humanoid (Elf)
Init: +2, Senses: low-light vision (thrice), Listen +6, Spot +8
AC: 23; touch: 13 (dex + deflec); flat-footed 22 (no dex)
hp: 59 (5d10+1D6+6+3)
Fort: +09, Ref: +09, Will: +11; +4 to saves vs. enchantment spells or effects
Immune: magical diseases, magic sleep, supernatural diseases
Speed: 20 ft., base 30 ft. (unarmored)
Melee: Greatsword +10 (2D6+5/19-20, x2)
Melee: Morningstar +9 (1D8+4/x2)
Melee: Gauntlet +8 (1D3+3/x2)
Special Attacks: Smite Evil (2/Day; +4 attack, +5 damage, +3 Strength damage)
Base Atk: +8; Grp: +8
Str: 16 (+3), Dex: 15 (+2), Con: 12 (+1), Int: 11 (+0), Wis: 18 (+4), Cha: 18 (+4)
- Level 4 increase; +1 Con (11+1=12)
SQ: Aura of Courage, Aura of Good, Detect Evil, Detect Secret Doors (Search check if within 5'), Divine Grace, Divine Health, Lay On Hands, Smite Evil 2/Day, Turn Undead
Feats: Toughness, Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Iron Will (3rd), Improved Turning (6th),
Skills: See Below
Languages: Elven, Cliff Speak, Old Tongue
Height: 5' 5" / Weight: 130 lbs.

ABILITIES
Aura of Courage: While conscious allies within 10 feet gain +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear.
Aura of Good: As cleric of same level
Detect Evil: At will
Divine Grace: Add CHA bonus to saving throws (applied)
Divine Health: See Immune (above)
Lay on Hands; 20 HP/Day (standard action)
Turn Undead: 7/Day (Improved Turning; +1 to check) (2D6+2+4)

SKILLS

GEAR
Magical Full Plate +2 [4,000] (Symbol of Arn embossed on it)
Ring of Protection +1 [2,000]
Amulet of Nat Armor +1 [2,000]
Greatsword +1 [2,350]
Morningstar +1 [2,308]
---------------------------------------
Masterwork Backpack [202 gp]
  • Lead-lined compartment well stitched into the bottom of it, can't come loose unless top and bottom of compartment are cut free from backpack, is sewn in with steel thread so a normal knife cannot cut compartment out, requires special key to open [amazing lock]
  • Belt strap for extra security, steel reinforced.
  • Steel threaded to resist coming undone in adverse conditions
  • Shoulder straps are steel reinforced with extra padding on underside to help resist weight chafing
  • Watertight and weather resistant
Masterwork Signet Ring with Arns' Holy Symbol (55 gp) [Left Hand]
Masterwork Signet Ring with Arns' Holy Symbol (55 gp) [Spare, in her quarters at the temple]
Flask of Holy Water (25 gp)
Cleric's Vestments (5 gp)

Hit Points
Paladin 1 / 10 | Paladin 2 / 8 | Paladin 3 / 10 | Paladin 4 / 6 | Paladin 5 / 10 |
Paragon 1 / 6 | Toughness 3 | Constitution 6
Angel R. Tarragon (aka A.R.T.)
Blog / DeviantArt / Facebook / Google+ / Letterboxd / Twitter / YouTube / See More
User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Kulan PbP Campaign Guide: Western Kanpur|Bluffside

Postby Knightfall » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:21 am

Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4199
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Previous

Return to World of Kulan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest