[Kulan] Western Kanpur|Bluffside PbP Campaign Guide

The homebrew world of Knightfall.

Moderator: Knightfall

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: Kulan PbP Campaign Guide: Western Kanpur|Bluffside

Post by Knightfall » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:31 pm

MacConnell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:There is a file uploaded on the Kulan Community that details all the domains for Kulan, as well as a file for the homebrewed Kulan domain spells.
Okay, Thanks... While I am completely lost on that, how should I handle my starting equipment?
There is a chart in the DMG (p. 135) that shows the starting gold for higher level PCs. As a 6th-level character, your PC starts with 13,000 gp worth of equipment including any magic items you want to pick.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

MacConnell
Orc

Post by MacConnell » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:35 pm

There are those who believe the lies they tell themselves. I am not one of those people.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:24 pm

MacConnell wrote:Here is the post on En World:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread ... ost7060750
Looks good, but what his second domain going to be?
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

MacConnell
Orc

Post by MacConnell » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:27 pm

I chose Balance for my second Domain. I should be finished with equipment, today, and be ready to go.
There are those who believe the lies they tell themselves. I am not one of those people.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:05 pm

MacConnell wrote:I chose Balance for my second Domain. I should be finished with equipment, today, and be ready to go.
Okay, just to let you know, I'm taknig this weekend off from posting replies for all my pbp games, but if you want to think about your PCs introduction and bounce some ideas off me, I'll be lurking around the boards.

I would say he's best to start at the embassy. Maybe waiting to meet the Dragori Ambassador, Simissin Elisine Nisselim. Note that the embassy is made of reddish-orange stone imported in from the Burning Sands. five-foot thick walls surround the grounds of the embassy and the entry is through black iron gates, designed with a long, curling dragon worked into an intricate maze-work.The gates are guarded day and night. There are sand gardens with exotic blooms and mineral formations in the courtyard. All pathways are made of black volcanic stones. The main building has many exotic treasures on display, which is meant to show the imposing power of the Dragori Empire.

You can decided if you want your PC to arrive at the front of the gate or to already be inside.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:00 am

That Burning Sands wouldn't by any chance be inspired by the Legend thereof, would it?

MacConnell
Orc

Post by MacConnell » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:32 pm

Knightfall wrote:I would say he's best to start at the embassy. Maybe waiting to meet the Dragori Ambassador, Simissin Elisine Nisselim. Note that the embassy is made of reddish-orange stone imported in from the Burning Sands. five-foot thick walls surround the grounds of the embassy and the entry is through black iron gates, designed with a long, curling dragon worked into an intricate maze-work.The gates are guarded day and night. There are sand gardens with exotic blooms and mineral formations in the courtyard. All pathways are made of black volcanic stones. The main building has many exotic treasures on display, which is meant to show the imposing power of the Dragori Empire.

You can decided if you want your PC to arrive at the front of the gate or to already be inside.
I have an introduction on the En World site that fits well with this as I used information that you had already provided. I think it suit to say that Thersean is already inside having properly introduced himself to gain that access.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:53 pm

willpell wrote:That Burning Sands wouldn't by any chance be inspired by the Legend thereof, would it?
It's from a d20 sourcebook published by the same company that published Bluffside.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:59 pm

MacConnell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:I would say he's best to start at the embassy. Maybe waiting to meet the Dragori Ambassador, Simissin Elisine Nisselim. Note that the embassy is made of reddish-orange stone imported in from the Burning Sands. five-foot thick walls surround the grounds of the embassy and the entry is through black iron gates, designed with a long, curling dragon worked into an intricate maze-work.The gates are guarded day and night. There are sand gardens with exotic blooms and mineral formations in the courtyard. All pathways are made of black volcanic stones. The main building has many exotic treasures on display, which is meant to show the imposing power of the Dragori Empire.

I have an introduction on the En World site that fits well with this as I used information that you had already provided. I think it suit to say that Thersean is already inside having properly introduced himself to gain that access.
Well, when you get a chance re-post it here: In-Character Thread.

EDIT: Whoops, that was the wrong IC thread. [Link fixed.] :facepalm:
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:12 pm

Knightfall wrote:
willpell wrote:That Burning Sands wouldn't by any chance be inspired by the Legend thereof, would it?
It's from a d20 sourcebook published by the same company that published Bluffside.
So "no", then. Too bad. LBS is a spin-off of L5R, and I know there's D20 material for that (it is in fact the default setting for the 3E "Oriental Adventures" sourcebook), but to the best of my knowledge, the LBS half was never converted, since it didn't take off the way its progenitor had. But it would definitely be cool to have an RPG feature the Ashalan and Qadi and Ra'Shari and Ebonites, among other cool things that setting featured.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:27 am

Thistle Ravenwood
---------------------------------------
Female Wood Elf Paladin 5 / Elf Paragon 1
LG medium humanoid (Elf)
Init: +2, Senses: low-light vision (thrice), Listen +6, Spot +8
AC: 23; touch: 13 (dex + deflec); flat-footed 22 (no dex)
hp: 59 (5d10+1D6+6+3)
Fort: +09, Ref: +09, Will: +11; +4 to saves vs. enchantment spells or effects
Immune: magical diseases, magic sleep, supernatural diseases
Speed: 20 ft., base 30 ft. (unarmored)
Melee: Greatsword +10 (2D6+5/19-20, x2)
Melee: Morningstar +9 (1D8+4/x2)
Melee: Gauntlet +8 (1D3+3/x2)
Special Attacks: Smite Evil (2/Day; +4 attack, +5 damage, +3 Strength damage)
Base Atk: +8; Grp: +8
Str: 16 (+3), Dex: 15 (+2), Con: 12 (+1), Int: 11 (+0), Wis: 18 (+4), Cha: 18 (+4)
- Level 4 increase; +1 Con (11+1=12)
SQ: Aura of Courage, Aura of Good, Detect Evil, Detect Secret Doors (Search check if within 5'), Divine Grace, Divine Health, Lay On Hands, Smite Evil 2/Day, Turn Undead
Feats: Toughness, Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Iron Will (3rd), Improved Turning (6th),
Skills: See Below
Languages: Elven, Cliff Speak, Old Tongue
Height: 5' 5" / Weight: 130 lbs.

ABILITIES
Aura of Courage: While conscious allies within 10 feet gain +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear.
Aura of Good: As cleric of same level
Detect Evil: At will
Divine Grace: Add CHA bonus to saving throws (applied)
Divine Health: See Immune (above)
Lay on Hands; 20 HP/Day (standard action)
Turn Undead: 7/Day (Improved Turning; +1 to check) (2D6+2+4)

SKILLS
|[b]Key[/b]|[b]Skill[/b]|[b]Ability[/b]||[b]Misc.[/b]|[b]Armor[/b] [b]Skill Name[/b]|[b]Ability[/b]|[b]Mod.[/b]|[b]Mod.[/b]|[b]Ranks[/b]|[b]Mod.[/b]|[b]Penalty[/b] Balance|DEX|+2|+2|||Yes Bluff|CHA|+4|+4||| Climb|STR|+3|+3|||Yes Diplomacy|CHA|+9|+4|5|| Gather Information|CHA|+4|+4||| Handle Animal|CHA|+8|+4|4|| Heal|WIS|+4|+4||| Intimidate|CHA|+4|+4||| Jump|STR|+3|+3|||Yes Knowledge (Nature)|INT|+5|+1|4|| Listen|WIS|+6|+4||+2| Ride|DEX|+5|+2|3|| Search|WIS|+8|+4||+4| Sense Motive|WIS|+4|+4||| Speak Languages|N/A|N/A|N/A|2|N/A|N/A Spot|WIS|+8|+4||+4| Survival|WIS|+5|+4|1|| Swim|STR|+3|+3|||Double Use Rope|DEX|+2|+2|||
GEAR
Magical Full Plate +2 [4,000] (Symbol of Arn embossed on it)
Ring of Protection +1 [2,000]
Amulet of Nat Armor +1 [2,000]
Greatsword +1 [2,350]
Morningstar +1 [2,308]
---------------------------------------
Masterwork Backpack [202 gp]
  • Lead-lined compartment well stitched into the bottom of it, can't come loose unless top and bottom of compartment are cut free from backpack, is sewn in with steel thread so a normal knife cannot cut compartment out, requires special key to open [amazing lock]
  • Belt strap for extra security, steel reinforced.
  • Steel threaded to resist coming undone in adverse conditions
  • Shoulder straps are steel reinforced with extra padding on underside to help resist weight chafing
  • Watertight and weather resistant
Masterwork Signet Ring with Arns' Holy Symbol (55 gp) [Left Hand]
Masterwork Signet Ring with Arns' Holy Symbol (55 gp) [Spare, in her quarters at the temple]
Flask of Holy Water (25 gp)
Cleric's Vestments (5 gp)

Hit Points
Paladin 1 / 10 | Paladin 2 / 8 | Paladin 3 / 10 | Paladin 4 / 6 | Paladin 5 / 10 |
Paragon 1 / 6 | Toughness 3 | Constitution 6

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:21 am

Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Cast of PCs

Post by Knightfall » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:10 am

Current
Relgar Aspergim (male human, Wizard 3/Human Paragon 3) – A wizard and mathematician who has a keen mind but can come off as socially awkward. (In modern terms, he has the condition known as Asperger's.) He first entered the narrative in the Wizard District where he and his friend Marget were 'bluffed' by Kinkar Kinley into helping the man escape from Bluffside. Since then, he has fought a snake, found a dead body, been arrested, and put into a group of heroes that are hunting a renegade sorcerer. While magic and numbers are his specialty, flinging fireballs and remembering names are not.

Terger Alela (male human, Rogue 6) – Terger is a rogue and fixer for The Five, although his loyalty leans more towards the people in the Dark Lanterns, a clandestine spy organization created by The Five to protect Bluffside from its enemies – any enemies. He has documentation that allows him to go almost anywhere, although his superiors aren't happy with some of his choices. He first entered the narrative in the floating city of Sordadon. He found his way to New City where he worked alongside Gralf and Pekko to help try to track the renegade sorcerer known as Phelix Del Cannitha. This has also brought him into contact with Chalsarda Shantilayla (then lieutenant, now captain), former Elite Captain Erwan Patenaude, and several other members of the Bluffside Regulars (a lot of them don't like him).

Thersean Stormdancer (male Taraean elf, monk 3/cleric 3) – Thersean is a Taraean elf from Burning Sands region to the south of Bluffside. He is an attache to the the Dragori Empire. He entered the narrative at the Dragori Embassy where he was asked by the Dragori Ambassador to join in the hunt for the renegade sorcerer. He has quietly integrated himself into the group, but he hasn't had a chance to display his martial aptitude yet.

Tymbeck “Big Tim” Valencia, sir (male half-ogre, Fighter 5) – Tymbeck Valencia, or Big Tim as he is often called by friends and enemies alike, is a large warrior from the world known as Almagra. There, he was a Knight of the Scarlet Cross. He was brought to the World of Kulan by Mirella and her High Priestess, Penthesilea, and unceremoniously dumped in a soft bed on the second floor of Oakfirst Manor. Once he gathered his wits and his belongings, he discovered that he was being asked to help a group of 'heroes' to capture an evil sorcerer bent on destroying the city. He is still finding his way on this new world.

Former
Ayse Ajam (female half-elf, Urban Ranger 1) – An agent of House Asuras who refused to sign Lord Rande Mateû's contract, as it would conflict with her loyalty to House Asuras. (Asye was David's first PC.)

Ginthalas “Gint” Silverleaf (male elf, Rogue 1) – An elven rogue who was one of the original PCs in the group. He was called away after the PCs investigated the under-cellars. (Gint was Kell's PC.)

Gralfinicon “Gralf” Dashtorquezip (male gnome, Fighter 5) – An ex-slave who was one of the original PCs in the group. He left with Pekko after the 'deal' was struck with the Rising Swords. (Gralf was dulsi's PC.)

Koln Voolsha (male human, Fighter 1/Martial Rogue3) – An avid diver and warrior who was around for a very short period of time during the crisis in New City. (Koln was Angel's second PC.)

Pekko Lempoinen (male human, Cleric of Ahto 5) – A cleric of Ahto from the Far North who was one of the original PCs in the group. He left with Gralf on a ship for Pekko's homeland. (Pekko was hihama's PC.)

Phellep (male dragon-touched, Beguiler 1) – A young arcanist who was one of the original PCs in the group. He mysteriously disappeared one night. It is believed that Phelix killed him. (Phellep was Dog Moon's PC.)

Thistle Ravenwood, lady (female wood elf, Spell-less Paladin 5 / Elf Paragon 1) – A paladin of Arn who is one of the original PCs in the group. She went into seclusion for a while after the explosion. (Thistle was Angel's first PC. The character was also run by dulsi for a while and by me as an NPC.)
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Cast of NPCs (in order of appearance)

Post by Knightfall » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:40 am

First Story Arc
The current group of PCs has met very few of these NPCs, although a few of them might be known to Terger or Relgar. Terger has likely heard of the NPCs from Sordadon while Relgar has definitely met Pennant Hassenforth since he is the head of the Teacher's Library. (The books there are worth studying.) These NPCs are from the beginning to just after the attack on The Winsome Heart.

Note that this list doesn't include any NPCs that have died.

Riclamin “Ric” Räuber (male human) – The head bartender at The Randy Unicorn in Sordadon. He was spoken to by Ayse in the tavern.

Snyder McGee (male human) – A Bluffside Regular who is often assigned to guard the main gate to the Temple District. Thistle met him at the gate.

Mango (male half-ogre) – An old barge worker who makes runs between Sordadon and Bluffside's Cavern Harbor. He spoke highly of Felix to Pekko for the man's knowledge of cigars. He was spoken to by Pekko in Sordadon.

Borin (male dwarf) – Gralf's contact in Bluffside. It was Borin who brought Gralf the note from Lord Rande Mateû. They met at Miner's Rest in the Mining District. Borin often drinks with Lord Mateû.

Kable (male halfling) – One of the regular guards that protects the Mining District's Adamantine Gate. Gralf met and spoke with him as he left the district, heading for The Winsome Heart.

Chalsarda Shantilayla *, captain, lady (female nevae) – An up-and-coming member of the Bluffside Elite. She was promoted to captain after the fiasco in New City. She is now the de facto leader of the Bluffside Regulars in the district of New City. A few of the PCs (mainly Terger and Relgar) have had dealings with her since Thistle first met her at New City's Wood Gate. (* The last name comes first for her family line, which is connected to the eastern lands near Aegis.)

Piper (female tiefling) – An 'importer' who works out of Sordadon. Pekko met her for a short moment while helping Mango prepare his barge to transport goods to Caravan Harbor.

Calavri (male human) – captain of the cog named Little Solon. Ayse was ferried from Sordadon to Cavern Harbor on Calavri's cog.

Phelix Del Cannitha (male human [?]) – The former manager of The Winsome Heart who went by the name Felix Yoxell while pretending to be Lord Mateû's friend. He set up several ambushes to try to kill the PCs. It is believed that he is a powerful sorcerer and that he is currently hiding somewhere in Old City near the Gardens. He has minions known as Loyalists. He is the most wanted man in Bluffside right now.

Maximilian Jespersen (male human) – The bartender at The Winsome Heart. Was attacked and nearly killed by Phelix's loyalists. He is currently convalescing at Russell Cowden's estate. Russell is his half-brother.

Russell Cowden, lord (male human) – Former captain of the Dungeon of Bluffside. He has fallen from grace as a member of the Bluffside Regulars and has accepted early (semi-)retirement. (Shantilayla was given his position and titles in New City much to the chagrin of him and his underlings.)

Rande Mateû, lord (male human) – the owner of The Winsome Heart. It was Rande who sent the original notes that summon the first group of PCs to his inn in hopes that they can clean out creatures infesting the cellars. It all goes bad for him after he and the heroes are betrayed by his so-called friend, Felix (aka Phelix). He is currently 'hiding out' from his wife at Russell Cowden's small estate.

Erwan Blander (male human) – A scribe of the Second Order at the Teacher's Library. His family is one of The Five Great Families of Bluffside. Wilton Blander, one of The five, is his father's cousin.

Wullem (male human) – A young scribe at the Teacher's Library.

Pennant Hassenforth, master (male human) – The current head cleric and master historian of the Teacher's Library. The original group of PCs met with him to try to learn more about the Dragonmarked Houses and Sharn.

Stamatis (male human) – A young acolyte who warns the PCs and Master Hassenforth that armed men unlawfully entered the Teacher's Library.

Alexandrine (female human) – A Bluffside Regular who is often assigned to New City's Wood Gate.

Marcus (male half-orc) – A Bluffside Regular who is often assigned to the New City's Wood Gate.

Vlastimir (male human) – A Bluffside Regular who fought alongside the first group of PCs during the fight in The Winsome Heart. He nearly died but was saved by Pekko and Gralf. His current whereabouts is unknown.

“The Shoemaker” (male human) – A man who Thistle encountered in the alley behind The Winsome Heart while she was helping save Lord Mateû. He called her 'Lady Knight'.

Breixo (male human) – A Bluffside Regular. He's a bit of stickler.

Dane (male human) – A member of Bluffside's fire brigade known as the Vigilum.

Callahan Vilar (male human) – The owner of The Black Pony; he is Rande's bitter rival and quite the miser.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:15 am

Second Story Arc
These NPCs are from the Time of the Crisis in New City (explosion and fires). It begins with the old PCs attack on Phelix's house and goes through to just before Terger is introduced into the group. Again, any NPCs that died aren't included in this list. Terger would have some knowledge of these NPCs that he hasn't met: Clabrian Vauquelin, Garret, Ivar Thorn, and Magda. Relgar has most certainly heard of Ivar Thorn as well. The man is considered one of the most powerful elementalists in Bluffside.

Delia (female human) – The owner of Bay Divers. She was saved by Clabrian. Her business burned down during the crisis. She doesn't have the money to rebuild it, which is a moot point since New city is under Martial Law.

Ubon Metharom (male human) – A fanatical cleric loyal to Phelix and House Del Cannitha. He was taken prisoner but later went missing after the death of a group of guards he was entrusted with by Thistle. He is the fourth most wanted man in Bluffside.

Abd Allah Zaman (male human) – A mercenary who was working for the Del Cannithas. He betrayed Ubon once it became clear to him that the PCs were going to win. He was taken into custody and entrusted to a group of Bluffside Regulars by Thistle. The guards were murdered and he was left for dead in an alley. He was found, saved, and brought to the Tallwalk Camp where he remained comatose. He has since been placed in a secret location until he wakes up and can be interrogated more about Phelix. (Terger does not know where he's been placed.)

Rorn Mollown (male human) – An experienced diver and friend of Koln's.

Clabrian Vauquelin (male human) – Koln's long-time friend and a diver. He is the only son of a undistinguished noble family.

Magda (female human) – a novice diver who is barely eleven summers old. Koln looks out for her since she is often forced to live on the street. She refuses to 'run' for Scribner Thriftmore. Since the crisis, her wherabouts is unknown.

“Lenny” (male half-orc) – A fire brigadier; he's quite the smoke-eater. In other words, he loves his job (a bit too much?).

“Fireworks Shop Owner” [no name given at the time] (male human) – His home and secret shop full of illegal fireworks was center of the explosion. Koln caught him as he fled and berated him, but let him go in order to save the lives of other citizens. The man disappeared, and his name 'might' be Wynnstan. He is the third most wanted man in Bluffside.

Adrien (male human) – A member of the fire brigadiers who watched his friend die in the explosion. His mind snapped and he is now in the Asylum.

Erwan Patenaude (male human) – Gralf first meets this captain of the Elite while fighting alongside him and his men versus the basilisk and undead minotaur. He worked with the PCs up until the confrontation with the Quartermaster of the Rising Swords. After that, he gave up his position and left the city.

Rino (male human) – A Regular member of Captain Patenaude's personal squad.

Dane [II] (male human) – An Elite member of Captain Patenaude's personal squad.

Cabe (male human) – The young boy Pekko saves during the crisis in New City. He calls Terger, Uncle.

Scribner Thriftmore (male human) – owner of Bluffside Crier. He is secretly one of the leaders of the Dark Lanterns.

Azat Nazarian (male human) – A captain of the Sectarian Guard in the Wizard District.

Baldric and Ericka (male and female humans) – Two members of the Sectarian Guard. Koln met them and their captain, Azat, in the Wizard District while trying to get help for New City.

Ivar Thorn (male human [?]) – A powerful elementalist living in New City. He is a good friend of Azat's. He helped put out the fires burning across New City.

“False Cleric of Alurene” (male human [?]) – A fake cleric who was working with several Rising Swords mercenaries who attacked Pekko and Thistle near Bluffside Crier. He is still at large but is far down on the wanted list.

Randal Allsopp (male human) – A Regular member of Captain Patenaude's personal squad.

Reginald Oakfirst, commander, lord (male human) – The commander of the Bluffside Regulars (and Elites) in every district they have sway in. He was first encountered by Gralf in the Dungeon in New City and, later on, by the new group of PCs at the Tribunal in Old City. He set up the PCs in Oakfirst Manor – a traditional home of his family that he no longer lives in. He meets Thistle for the first time at the gates of the Temple District. The two of them fight together against flying beastmen in the ruins of Sem La Vah.

Garret (male half-kobold) – An important member of the Bluffside Elite stationed at the Dungeon. He keeps track of all inmates in the prison.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:57 am

Third Story Arc
Terger and Relgar have met many of these NPCs and some of them they know personally. Big Tim and Thersean have only met Custodio, although they have heard of Selwyn Mattick, Kinkar Kinlay, and Zaine Trevil.

Calixta (female tiefling) – Terger's most current lover. She's a bit of a wild child, which suits Terger just fine. Her origins are someplace she calls Sigil.

Margi or “M” (female dwarf) – Terger's contact at Brocail's Inn. She is the inn's cook and has an unofficial connection to the Dark Lanterns.

Steffen Winther (male human) – A newly promoted member of the Bluffside Elite.

Asgeir (male human [nornblooded]) – One of Thriftmore's older runners and a new recruit to the Dark Lanterns. He is descended from northerners blessed with the blood of the Norns. Only Thriftmore and Terger know this fact.

Cadi, aka “Ma” (female human) – One of Thriftmore's ex-runners. She is thirteen years old. She doesn't run anymore. She got hurt three summers ago. The other children call her Ma.

Lil' Red (female human) – Cadi's little sister. She's one of Thriftmore's fastest runners, although he's very protective of her considering what happened to her sister.

“Shop Owner near Post 9” [no name given] (male human) – This man (and the other locals) saw what happen at the guard post. He told Captain Patenaude and PCs what happened, although it took some convincing. His name might have been Gereon.

Selwyn Mattick (male human) – A member of the Bluffside Elite and an able tracker. He doesn't say a whole lot and tends to blend into the background. He was quite loyal to Captain Patenaude. He now works for Shantilayla, exclusively (not his idea).

Emilia (female human) – A member of the Bluffside Elite. She is quiet and unassuming until a crisis arises. Then she takes charge.

Tilman (male human) – A severely injured Bluffside Regular that was saved by Pekko. He was forced to retire.

“Elite in Front of the Tent” (male human) – This guard gave Terger a hard time. Terger never learned his name.

Custodio Vecchi (male human) – A once renown member of the Bluffside Elite. He was believed to become the next lieutenant in New City but after the crisis, he has fallen out of favor with the high ups. However, the people love him still for his bravery and connectino to the former PCs, Gralf, Pekko, and Thistle (who many citizens viewed as great heroes). He lost some prestige in their eyes when Gralf and Pekko chose to leave the city. Custodio is a member of the church of the Purifier and is member of the order known as The Vanquishers. (He cannot fight from a hidden position.) His family is well known in the city but they aren't considered nobles, which suits him fine. He has been assigned to work with the PCs to find Phelix and bring the sorcerer to justice. He feels guilty for what happened to Anja.

Anja (female human) – a former member of the Bluffside Regulars who is now living in the Asylum. Her mind is broken.

“Custodio's Father” [No Name Posted] (male human) – A down-on-his-luck trader of almost anything. He is somewhat religious but he loves money and women more. His name is Zigor.

Erskine Sheenan, captain (male human) – A Bluffside Regular stationed as gate commander at Wood Gate during the fight with the Rising Swords.

Tate (male halfling) – A Bluffside Regular stationed as a gate guard at Wood Gate during the fight with the Rising Swords.

Winston (male human) – A Bluffside Regular stationed as a gate guard at Wood Gate during the fight with the Rising Swords.

Niklas (male human) – The other Rising Swordsman who was taken prisoner. He made a deal with the PCs to lead them to the Quartermaster in order to save his neck from the noose. His deal was voided by The Five and he ended up with 5 years of hard labor. If he survives, he will be banished from the city.

“Goblet's Waitress” [No Name Posted] (female half-dwarf) - a barmaid who flirted with Relgar. She mentioned her name but Relgar didn't hear her. Heh. ^_^

Marget (female human) – Relgar's contact in Bluffside and his connection to the Wizard Council.

Kinkar Kinlay (male human) – The owner of Kinley's Outfitters. Relgar met him in the Wizard District before he knew that there was a connection between Kinkar and Phelix.

Illithor Bluewing (male elf) – An elven spell broker in the Wizard District. He often sells his wares out of a stall near the district's main gate. Relgar brokered with him for several magical items.

Griffin Bayleaf (male halfling) – The owner of Griffin's Gem Emporium. He waved to Relgar from inside his shop. (They rarely speak to each other but Griffin likes Relgar.)

Kineladanus (male goliath) – Illithor's friend and sometimes bodyguard; he is tall and muscular (very intimidating). He is a warrior from Assylonia.

Zannor (male half-elf) – A member of the Bluffside Elite who was often assigned to New City.

Anjelika (female human) – A member of the Bluffside Elite who usually is assigned to Old City, but was reassigned during the crisis.

The Quartermaster, aka Zaine Trevil or Magnus the Trapmaster (male human [?]) – This man was/is the head of the Rising Swords in Bluffside, in secret. When Niklas led the PCs and Captain Patenaude to the hideout of the Rising Swords in the Undercity, The Quartermaster revealed that he knew much about the PCs and the events they were embroiled in. Terger managed to finesse a deal out of the man that gave up the location of where Phelix might be hiding. Only later did he learn that he'd been making a deal with the devil. Zaine Trevil is an evil man wanted for genocide and other vicious crimes. He is also known as Magnus the Trapmaster. He is a rogue of the worst kind and some believe he is actually a half-fiend. (It is whispered he might be female or a genderless full-blooded fiend but these are just rumors.) He is the second most wanted man in Bluffside only because Phelix has done so much damage to the city. There are people in the city who would consider him the greater threat to the security of Bluffside and the entire region. It is not known whether or not he's still in the city. (Magnus the Trapmaster masterminded an assassination attempt that killed Terger's wife and child.)
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:30 am

Current Story Arc
These are the NPCs from the current story arc. This is the last group of NPCs to be added. I will begin writing two post. The first one will move the current scene in the tower ahead a bit while the second one will deal with the fate of Thistle.

Samantha Pomander, lady (female human) – A member of The Five. She met with Terger before he met Relgar for the first time. (The other PCs haven't met her, yet.) She is the force behind the Dark Lanterns. The bulk of the group's commanders report directly to her, although she doesn't command them directly. She was quite displease with the deal that Terger offered to The Quartermaster. Lady Pomander is Terger's sister-in-law because she was married to Terger's brother in law before his death.

Traherne Merrick, lord (male human) – A low-level member of the Wizard Council. He is a 'fixer' for the council. He is not a nice person to those he considers beneath him.

Yelte Gale, lord (male human) – Minister of Urban Protections. He helped bring the current group together with Lady Pomander. He found Relgar fascinating and 'a breath of fresh air'.

Elkgrar Ashhand (male hill dwarf) – A dwarven cleric whose family is from Old City. He is working with the PCs to find Phelix. He was recruited for the group by Lady Pomander. He is very talkative, as Relgar has learned firsthand. He doesn't act like a typical noble.

Menno (male human) – The butler at Terger's family home. He knows Terger only as Klaus.

Annelies Simonis (female human) – Terger's lovely and innocent sister. She only knows him as Klaus.

Helfore Jokule (male dwarf) – The owner of the Rooftop Inn. His clothing is often covered in coal dust. He knows Elkgrar well.

Florrie (female human) – a former runner for Thriftmore and a Dark Lantern. She was once Terger's protege. She has lost her left arm below the elbow.

Marrona, matron (female air genasi) – a wispy healer at the Asylum that Custodio talks to while visiting Anja. The PCs haven't met her.

Lavia (female halfling) – The halfling matron of Oakfirst Manor. She and Carter may be twins.

Penthesilea (female human [?]) – The High Priestess of the World Goddess, Mirella. She and her goddess bring Big Tim to Kulan from Almagra. While her body is sundered in the process, she doesn't truly die. While her true race is unknown, she appears to be human.

Carter (male halfling) – The halfling butler of Oakfirst Manor. Lavia is likely his twin sister.

Demetrios Zinon Aris Rhodes (male human) – An ex-guard who was disgraced after his insane father, Tjaard, unleashed an unnatural horror in the Military District. While what happened wasn't Demetrios' fault, he did defend his father when the Bluffside Elite tried to take Tjaard into custody. He was likely dominated but he was jailed without a trial for political reasons. He has been 'recruited' to work with the PCs to find Phelix, and after the trap went off in the Golden Lantern, nearly killing Master Rosenberg, he considers the mission personal.

Sessilizzim (male dragori) – Auxiliary to the Dragori Ambassador.

Simissin Elisine Nisselim (male dragori) – The current ambassador to Bluffside from the Dragori Empire. Met by Thersean.

Olhouser (male human) – A footman of Oakfirst Manor. Speaks with a heavy accent.

Diama (female human) – A young maid attached to Oakfirst Manor. She was literally born in a barn.

Rosenberg, master (male human) – The owner of the Golden Lantern. He knows both Elkgrar and Demetrios very well. He knows Terger too but only as his 'other self'. Demetrios calls him Rosy. He was nearly killed by the trap that went off in his inn.

Gauwill Tote (male aasimar) – Thistles former master at the Temple of Arn. He has now left the city to find solace in the Red Mountains.

Tinna (female human) – A Bluffside Elite assigned to the Temple District. She was close to Thistle.

Denitiian (male half-elf) – A Bluffside Elite assigned to the Temple District.

Sofija (female human) – a digger encountered by Thistle in the ruins of Sem La Vah. She is one of the few who survived.

“The Headman” (male human [?]) – The man posing as the Head Digger in the ruins of Sem La Vah. He turns out to be a rogue who runs away during a fight with dangerous flying reptilians. He is currently at large and wanted for theft and murder.

Reiner (male human) – a Guardian of the Golden Lantern inn.

Mareike Alserda, guardian (female human) – An guard stationed at Wyndlasmere House. She has a bit of an attitude problem and tends to kiss ass towards high-ups.

Bronte Abelner, arcanus (???) – A guard stationed at Wyndlasmere House. Bronte's gender and race are a mystery.

Zavier (male human) – A guard stationed at Wyndlasmere House.

Alel Monderand, commander (male kindred dwarf) – Towermaster of the Bluffside Regulars post at Wyndlasmere House. He and Custodio know each other well.

Adhara, guardian (female sixam ieuna) – A guard stationed at Wyndlasmere House.

Roman, tower wizard (male half-elf) – A guard stationed at Wyndlasmere House.

Christos Abbate, sentinel (male human) – A guard stationed at Wyndlasmere House.

Morse (male human) – A guard stationed at Wyndlasmere House.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

dfryer36
White Dragon

Re: [Kulan] Western Kanpur|Bluffside PbP Campaign Guide

Post by dfryer36 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:16 am

I'd add that Lady Pomander is Terger's sister-in-law because she was married to Terger's brother in law before his death and that Magnus the Trapmaster masterminded an assassination attempt that killed Terger's wife and child.
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: [Kulan] Western Kanpur|Bluffside PbP Campaign Guide

Post by Knightfall » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:24 pm

dfryer36 wrote:I'd add that Lady Pomander is Terger's sister-in-law because she was married to Terger's brother in law before his death and that Magnus the Trapmaster masterminded an assassination attempt that killed Terger's wife and child.
Added into the descriptions.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

NPCs Mentioned (but not encountered during the game)

Post by Knightfall » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:34 am

NPCs Mentioned
Atroxi Gladiel (male human) – He has the best potions and reagents in the Wizard District, although he rarely stocks anything else.
Baltus Dunon, guildmaster (male human) – The head of the House of Abjuration.
Carella (female gnome) – Ayse's contact in Bluffside. It was Carella who brought Ayse the note from Lord Rande Mateû.
Carlinhos – The Gray Ooze God of the Temple District.
Cephalous (male human) – The leader of the temple known as Sem La Vah Redux, which is dedicated to the worship of the ancient civilization of Sem La Vah.
Émilienne, high arcanus, lady (female elf) – A powerful tower wizard of the Seventh Order. She is an elf noble from the forested lands known as Ravensilath who relocated to Bluffside after her family fell out of favor it her homeland. She has become quite the figure in Bluffside for her beauty and her stubbornness. She refuses to give up her post near the Gardens due to her love of the place.
Finnola Jardine, arcanus (female human) – A member of the guard contingent at Wyndlasmere House. The PCs haven't met her yet.
Garl Frostor (male frost giant) – The leader of the temple of the Frozen One, which is called Winged Death.
Glamor Glitterod, lord (male halfling) – The owner of Black Boudoir. Rhodes knows him well but hasn't seen him since before he was imprisoned.
Isaias Homsand (male human) – The name of an old retired cleric mentioned to Relgar by Illithor.
Jacob Prisdom, captain (male human) – He is completely in charge of the security of the Adamantine Gate of the Mining District.
Jim, 'Gentleman' (male human) – Pekko's contact in Bluffside. It was Jim who brought Pekko the note from Lord Rande Mateû. He is the captain of Seabiscuit, a small merchant ship. He is a devout follower of Ahto, who visits temple regularly. He is not from Bluffside but some faraway place he does not specify. The only way to silence him is ask about his past before coming to Bluffside. (Jim often hauls cargo for Lord Mateû.)
Kai Dijkstra (male half-orc) – A low-level tower wizard assigned to Wyndlasmere House. The PCs haven't met him yet.
Katarina (female human) – She was Phellep's contact in Bluffside. They were old childhood friends. Since Phellep's disappearance, she's been on a crusade to find out what happened to him.
Klaus Winnigen (male dwarf) - An old adventuring companion of Thistle's who disappeared after Brenna's death.
Landis (male half-elf) – a young boy; he's missing and presumed dead. He disappeared in the ruins.
Lorelenel Simonis, lord (male human) – Terger's half-brother. They don't have a good relationship. Heir to the Simonis Estate.
Maitland Causer (male halfling) – A guard stationed at Wyndlasmere House. The PCs haven't met him yet.
Marmic Galerson, lord (male human) – A noble of Bluffside who takes little interest in the behavior of his offspring.
Oia and Watkin Abrahams (female and male humans) – Cabe's parents. They and Cabe (and his infant sister) relocate to the Temple District after the crisis. Terger has met them before due to his connection with Cabe.
"Old Man of Tarminan" – A derogatory nickname for the ruler of Tarminan –- King Yezekael III. The king is over 90 years old and quite the despot.
Osma “Canvasback” Rautiainen (male human) – the head priest of the temple of Ahto in Sordadon. He hopes to move his temple to Bluffside's Temple District. The locals of Sordadon often call him Canvasback.
Rizvan, general (male half-elf) – An old friend of Commander Oakfirst. He is a retired soldier and veteran of the Solakian Wars that ended over twenty years ago. He does not currently live in Bluffside.
Roose Simonis, lord (male human) – Terger's uncle; he is the Lord Commander of the Dark Lanterns and a bit of a taskmaster. He is rarely seen in Bluffside but when he shows up, the crap has gotten serious. Many in the know (less than two dozen people) about his true position for the city whisper that The Five wish to have him ostracized.
Rundaar “The Giant” Neruten, guildmaster (male gnome) – The head of the House of Illusion. He has one of the biggest noses anyone has ever seen on a gnome, which makes him very sensitive about it. Relgar has met him before and it didn't go well.
Ryder (male human) – a runner for Thriftmore and low-rank Dark Lantern, in training.
Silvon Silas, sir (male human) – The leader of the church of the Purifier in Bluffside. He is the perfect paladin in many others' minds (but not his own). And while he looks the part, it is his willingness to help the downtrodden that sets him apart from other paladins who try too hard to be righteous and good. He is what he appears to be (much to the chagrin of his enemies).
Telchal Ashhand (male dwarf) – Elkgrar's father.
Tendai (female halfling) – A symbolism specialist at the Teacher's Library.
Thomas Blenkins (male human) – The owner of the Inn Between, a cheery and loud inn located in the Cavern Harbor of Bluffside's Undercity.
Wriek (male gnoll) – A known evil mercenary working for the Rising Swords. He is wanted for many crimes.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

The Dead

Post by Knightfall » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:29 am

The Dead
Abene Loyola (male human) – A member of the Bluffside Regulars who worked alongside Gralf, Pekko, and Thistle. He died in the explosion that destroyed Phelix's house. His family originated in the island kingdom called Almadon.
Aleixo (male human) – A Bluffside Regular who died in the fight in The Winsome Heart.
Ayden Oakfirst, lord (male human) – Commander Oakfirst's second cousin. He was an arcanist of some renown who died many years ago. He was the last owner of Oakfirst Manor.
Blejan (female human) – A young member of the Bluffside Elite. She was one of Captain Patenaude's favorites. She died in the tunnels while trying to make her way to the Temple District to fetch an Inquisitor of Mimawr. She was killed by a giant spider.
Brais (male human) – A Bluffside Regular who was slaughtered by the members of the Rising Swords that attacked Post 9.
Bran Veldersine (male human) – Thistle's contact and friend in Bluffside. It was Bran who brought Thistle the note from Lord Rande Mateû. She took his place when he was injured. Bran's uncle, Alastar, adventured with Lord Mateû in their youth. Thistle found Bran amongst the dead of Tallwalk Camp after the crisis, stabbed in the gut.
Brenna Tinderfoot (female gnome) - An old adventuring companion of Bran and Thistle's. She died from a poisoned arrow to the heart many years ago.
“Callach Na Chi” (male human) – The 'name' given to Gralf by the first Rising Swords mercenary that was questioned. His real name was never learned and he was hanged less than a day later.
Danforth (male half-elf) – A Bluffside Regular who was killed by one of the streaking fireworks.
Ethan (male human) – A member of the fire brigadiers who was killed in the explosion. He was Adrien's friend.
Femke Antuma (female aasimar) – A famous member of the Purifier faith who died 300 years ago.
Ghislain (male human) – The leader of the Rising Swords fought against by the Wood Gate.
Jakab (male human) – A member of the trio of young adventurers who died in the under-cellars below The Winsome Heart. His body was never found.
Jasmine (female human) – A member of the trio of young adventurers who died in the under-cellars below The Winsome Heart. She was their leader. Her dead body is discovered in the under-cellars second.
Kiran Simonis, lady (female human) – Terger's wife who was killed, along with Mari (their daughter), by Magnus the Trapmaster.
Oarsen (male human [dragonmarked]) – A fanatical dragonmarked agent of House Del Cannitha who died in the fight at The Winsome Heart.
Ovídio Machado (male human) – An old sailor and friend of Terger's who died during the New City Crisis.
Petr (male human) – A man who died in the ruins. He was killed by flying reptilian monsters.
Rhodri Pritchard (male human) – He was a member of the Bluffside Elite and was an old rival of Terger's during their sailing days. They had a disagreement over a woman they both desired (who turned out be a notorious pirate). He was first discovered dead under Kinkar Kinley's shop by Relgar, but the wizard didn't know his name at the time.
Roland Aalisar, lord (male human) – An 'important' digger who died in the ruins of Sem La Vah.
Saramina Braam, lady (female human) – A young noblewoman who was found dead in Old City the night before the original PCs were called to The Winsome Heart. She was from a powerful family, an offshoot of one the Five Great Families.
“Whiskers” (male half-elf) – A member of the trio of young adventurers who died in the under-cellars below The Winsome Heart. His dead body is discovered in the under-cellars first.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “World of Kulan”